Thread: Campaign problems

Default Campaign problems

First i say that i made some modifications to xgm and so maybe, but i'm not sure, the following problem is caused by them.

Other than EDU and EDB i made some changes in xgm campaign script, so that the player starts with a monument into his capital too:

if I_LocalFaction macedon

console_command create_building Pella monument_macedon

and i added this line for every faction, the campaign works as always and i get the monument.

I made changes to descr strat too, toggling rebelling characters, set end campaign date to 180 b.c. from 14... i also added new units and changed some generals units from cavalry to infantry, wich works fine, taking them form alex and bi, and some new units from another mod too, they appear to be fine, because i got no problem so far and 30 or so turns already passed ( imperial campaign with rome )

The problem is the following: now i'm playing bactria imperial campaign, and i get asked if i want to adopt someone, and i say yes, the character instantly dies in my capital, followed by a message " heroic death ", and so i get stuck with only my two starting generals.

Also i got another problem with a previous campaign, suddenly a faction gets wiped out at the end of the turn, and all it's cities and armies they turn to rebel faction ( grey rebels ), and i suppose this is caused by the impossibility to adopt new characters by the ai, but mine were adoptable with no problems at all. Maybe it is due to a wrong general_unit line in the EDU? I gave to some factions a foot bodyguard instead of cavalry, but they work fine, only with bactria i got this problem so far.

I would know if this problem can be caused by the changes i reported or they do not, thx

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Campaign problems

I'm about 98% sure that your general units are the problem. Make sure you have one and only one unit type with the general_unit attribute per faction, and make sure you have either zero or one unit per faction with the upgraded attribute.

Default Re: Campaign problems

You got it close, actually it was a missing ownership of a general unit for some factions. Now fixed