Thread: next version?

Default next version?

Not a rush post, just curious and

I am just a little excited, this is the most fun I have had playing ETW since it came out!

and the only complaint I have so far is the ai generals are a little too brave when they do not have any cavalry and attack stupidly sometimes

thanks for this mod and keep up the excellent work

Default Re: next version?

by the way what difficulty should I be playing on?

I assume hard campaign due to the darth ai but I was wondering about the battle setting

thanks in advance to any comments

about next version, Jam said "soon" , so shouldn't be too long. For the battle AI, yeah, that was always the weak point of TW series. Vanilla one blows chunks and it seems not that easy to fix it with modding. The modded AI changes already advance it by a lot, but there is always that random CA factor in it, which lets the AI make REALLY stupid decisions (which is especially observable during sieges hehe). Open ground battles seem pretty ok, so far. Except the (defending) AI loving to move his troops into (my) artillery range and getting pounded to death. Thats ok, if its the AI attacking,so they have to move, but when i attack, they really shouldn't be moving at all and instead wait for me to attack Oh and for difficulty, i think its H/H.

soon means in next few days. I have vacation over holidays, so i should have some free time to finish with few things.

regarding battle AI, ETW and NTW have battle AI completely hard coded, there are predefined scripts running in the background, and there is just no way how to change them. Only thing possible (which i'm trying to do in ER) is to make AI tactics more dangerous to human player - this is the main reason why i dropped a lot of original features like fire drills, artillery entrenchments etc - they were just too problematic for AI to handle properly.

oh and i know its a longshot, but i don't think there is anything you can do about the endless end turn bug caused by the ottomans or maratha ? ^^. That's what is really killing it for me

Dandelion got me linked over here (thanks btw), and Im fully aware theres a new version coming out. I can wait, no worries, but my question is, once its out and I wish to give the mod a try will I just need to DL the new version coming out or all the previous ones as well? I'm specifically interested in the "no walled cities" aspect and all the rest is just gravy. I have one other question and that is if your mod has a "text" increase with in it or whether I need to go specifically and get that one as well? Damn things written so fuzzy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin316 View Post
    oh and i know its a longshot, but i don't think there is anything you can do about the endless end turn bug caused by the ottomans or maratha ? ^^. That's what is really killing it for me
    AFAIK the problems with the Ottoman turns result from Istambul being such a tight spot to move units through.. and Maratha's turn is often so long, because it usually has a whole ******load of units to move around.
    Ever since I started playing Empire Realism - and even more so since playing the new betas - I rarely had to wait longer than 30 seconds for the Ottoman/Maratha turn to be resolved. Seems to me the new recruiting system greatly reduces the number of units used by the AI, so not so many units have to be moved over the Bosporus and through Istambul or within Maratha.

I'm playing GB on 3.7 and having a blast

so no rush