Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share Your TATW Stories!

Default Re: Share Your TATW Stories!

In my Gundabad campaign (my best campaign ever) I had conquered all of mirkwood, the north, like all of it. from Thorin's halls to Khuvagod, all of the misty mountains (the dwarves took them over and I picked up the pieces), Eriador, the high elves, and all of Dale west and North of the river. Now I decided to finish Dale once and for all in their last city, but when I sent my stack there, Rhun was already seiging the city. I had a ballista in my stack so I decided to go right into battle. Rhun had built a battering ram already, so I just sat back and watch them do my dirty work Even though they did all the work, I still got the town hahaha

Now for a real epic story. In my current Isengard campaign, I was sending my best Crossbow unit to be retrained from a horrible ambush by a Gondorian general who for some reason had infantry for bodyguards. I had won the battle, but my fully upgraded triple golden chevron crossbows were caught in devasting charge from their now deceased cavalry. The general escaped with a handful of his bodyguard and disappeared into the fog of war. Forgetting which direction he went, I sent my crossbows to the hornburg to be replenished and they ran into the gondorian on a bridge. Thus the battle ensued. The enemy immediately started marching across the bridge. I moved my Uruks up and started firing, picking them off. For obvious reasons I ran out of arrows quickly and my 3 crossbow men plus unit commander and battle captain charged the coincedentally 5 remaining Gondorians. We met on the bridge, and it was epic. It came down to the General and 2 of my crossbows. He took down one of them, and I thought I was going to lose my favorite little Uruks. Then the moment of truth: The cutscene appeared and my Uruk cut down the general. It seriously could have gone either way, but I kept that Unit in Isengard for a long while before deploying him again hahaha

Not a story as such, but just goes to show, in the service of Melkor, nobody is assured their position...

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    For obvious reasons I ran out of arrows quickly and my 3 crossbow men plus unit commander and battle captain charged the coincedentally 5 remaining Gondorians. We met on the bridge, and it was epic. It came down to the General and 2 of my crossbows. He took down one of them, and I thought I was going to lose my favorite little Uruks. Then the moment of truth: The cutscene appeared and my Uruk cut down the general. It seriously could have gone either way, but I kept that Unit in Isengard for a long while before deploying him again hahaha
    Kinda reminds me of the simulated battles they did in episodes of Deadliest Warrior. I can picture it now...

Uruk Crossbow: the armour-piercing terrors that devastated Rohan, and went head-to-head with elven archers at Helm's Deep.

versus

Gondor Swordsman: the shining professional infantry that stood strong against the forces of Mordor from Minas Tirith to Far Harad and the Sea of Rhun.

WHO...IS...DEADLIEST?

Now put that in David Wenham's voice (he did the voiceovers for that show).
    Last edited by Wolfeson; May 02, 2013 at 05:38 PM.

^I know I recognized his voice instantly! I love that guy haha He used his 300 voice though, as his Faramir persona is a bit more proper and calm, you know?

To my first post on the forums!
    Having only recently discovered this mod and being a lover of the elves (most in particular Thranduil) I kicked off my DaC campaign with the elves of the woodland realm, I slowly but surely conquered my way south, ever aiming for the gates of Dol Guldur itself, ridding my beloved forest of evil! After spending several turns mustering up a sufficient warband for the attack I moved for the offensive, slaying small warbands in skirmishes as I drew closer to my goal. As I reached Dol Guldur with Thranduil and some of my more experienced troops I had already suffered minor casualties from the skirmishes, I was pleased to find that the capital was not boomimg with orcs awaiting elf flesh. Thats where it went downhill, I pitched up for the long siege, not wanting to sustain more casualties than requited sieging the citadel. After roughly two turns I was attacked in the night by 4 stacks of rowdy orcs, two of whom were led by Nazgul. Khamul being the first, the other, I never caught his name. My line of sight was hugely destroyed on the battleground by the night but I setup upon a hill, spearmen at the front, closely supported by Eldar Councilmen and Wardens, followed with archers aplenty and last but not least, Thranduil. The orcs stampeded down the slopes off the hills, charging recklessly into my elven arrows, poised for the more elite troops. They hit me on the left flank and it was then that the nazgul rode in, destroying my spearmen but met in close combat by the Eldar. During this utter bloodshed I noticed enemies creeping up behind my lines, I turned my archers upon them, reigning firey arrows of hell down upon then before sending my right flank to meet them in combat and sending all wardens to the left flank, I held my lines solidly despite being completely surrounded. After holding out long enough Khamul was slain, causing mass rout despite the second nazgul surviving. I chased them down, sparing none in the name of vengeance for the elves I lost in that battle. All foretold I had killed roughly 7000 orcs of around 8000 with a force of 1200, VH/VH difficulty. Achieving heroic victory. I loved every second of it and ill always cherish Thranduil <3
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 25, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by didgonuts View Post
    To my first post on the forums!
    Having only recently discovered this mod and being a lover of the elves (most in particular Thranduil) I kicked off my DaC campaign with the elves of the woodland realm, I slowly but surely conquered my way south, ever aiming for the gates of Dol Guldur itself, ridding my beloved forest of evil! After spending several turns mustering up a sufficient warband for the attack I moved for the offensive, slaying small warbands in skirmishes as I drew closer to my goal. As I reached Dol Guldur with Thranduil and some of my more experienced troops I had already suffered minor casualties from the skirmishes, I was pleased to find that the capital was not boomimg with orcs awaiting elf flesh. Thats where it went downhill, I pitched up for the long siege, not wanting to sustain more casualties than requited sieging the citadel. After roughly two turns I was attacked in the night by 4 stacks of rowdy orcs, two of whom were led by Nazgul. Khamul being the first, the other, I never caught his name. My line of sight was hugely destroyed on the battleground by the night but I setup upon a hill, spearmen at the front, closely supported by Eldar Councilmen and Wardens, followed with archers aplenty and last but not least, Thranduil. The orcs stampeded down the slopes off the hills, charging recklessly into my elven arrows, poised for the more elite troops. They hit me on the left flank and it was then that the nazgul rode in, destroying my spearmen but met in close combat by the Eldar. During this utter bloodshed I noticed enemies creeping up behind my lines, I turned my archers upon them, reigning firey arrows of hell down upon then before sending my right flank to meet them in combat and sending all wardens to the left flank, I held my lines solidly despite being completely surrounded. After holding out long enough Khamul was slain, causing mass rout despite the second nazgul surviving. I chased them down, sparing none in the name of vengeance for the elves I lost in that battle. All foretold I had killed roughly 7000 orcs of around 8000 with a force of 1200, VH/VH difficulty. Achieving heroic victory. I loved every second of it and ill always cherish Thranduil <3
    Welcome to TWC and Third Age forums!

Enjoy the game, and achieve many more heroic victories.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12