Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1648: The Two Towers

Default 1648: The Two Towers

The sistermod of 1648: The Two Towers (Vienna Hofburg Palace and Constantinople Topcapi Palace)
    After release of 1648: 30 Years of War, v.2.0 we could restart the work at the sistermod. The map was nearly finished last year, some things are still wip, like e.g. the rivers, some regions/cities.

Last week we started a new intern version and began implement new factions or make factions playable.

First screenshots, some pics without toggle_fow, some with to show the regions at minimap.

Last edited by Monguntiacum; June 14, 2013 at 06:31 PM.

Default Re: 1648: The Two Towers

Brilliant! A beautiful map! With intesting posibilities, I eagerly wait this mod, it would be interesting to replay the Habsburgs clash with the ottomans.
    One question: Is the starting date 1618? Or another one?

Thanks for sharing it with us and your effort, Infracta!

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm happy to see you making progress on this one. I see that no Bulgarian faction is envisioned. Sadly you are right. There was a major rebelion in 1596 more or less, and another two in the 1680s, all caused from Habsburg-Ottoman wars. I hope that at least you include some units like hajduts, dragomans, some kind of militias.
    Also, it was a big feature for the Habsburgs that the French were preventing them from concentrating their forces vs the Ottomans. I guess you'll have some kind of script like the Turks in 1648- Thirty Years of War?

Wonderful map, so far! Now to experience the other side of the Habsburg's wars.

ZeEmperor's Avatar Semisalis

Good,will you please add Croatia because it existed in the time and played a important role against the Turks-now the territories of Croatia in that time are called Ostaci ostataka-The Remaining Remains,oh yeah and here is a map:

Planned factions:

1. Archduchy Austria
    2. Kingdom of Spain (at Italy)
    3. Kingdom of France (at the western border of the map)
    4. Commonwealth of Poland-Lithuania
    5. Ottoman Empire
    6. Order of Saint John (at Malta)
    7. Repuplic of Venice
    8. Crimean Khanate
    9. Seven Cities of Siebenbürgen (the seven german cities at transylvania)
    10. Principality of Transylvania -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Hungary
    11. Repuplic of Ragusa -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Croatia
    12. Bohemian Estates -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Bohemia
    13. People of Mirdita -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Principality of Albania
    14. Greek Rebels -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Byzantine Empire
    15. Bulgarian Rebels -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Bulgarian Tsardom
    16. Principality of Montenegro -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Serbia
    17. Principality of Moldavia -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Romania
    18. Principality of Wallachia -> if controlled by human player it can changed to Kingdom of Romania
    19. Duchy of Bavaria
    20. Barbary Corsairs
    21. Cossacks
    22. Electorate of Saxony
    23. Duchy of Savoy
    24. Duchy of Württemberg
    25. Margraviate of Baden
    26. Swiss Confederacy
    27. Repuplic of Genua
    28. Grandduchy of Tuscany
    29. Papal States
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; January 02, 2015 at 04:32 AM.

Woo, Eastern Roman Empire Reborn! Woo, Cossacks! Woo, Crimean Tatars!

I will need some help of the great international community of TWC to make that mod detailed.
    It would be helpful and nice if people could post answers/informations:

5. Ottoman Empire
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648

6. Malta

7. Venice

8. Crimean Tatars

10. Transylvania

11. Kingdom of Hungary

12. Kingdom of Croatia

14. Mirdita
    15. Principality of Albania
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648, coat of arms for rebels, family tree/leader

16. Greek rebels
    17. Byzantine Empire
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648, coat of arms for rebels, family tree/leader

18. Bulgarian rebels
    19. Bulgarian Empire

20. Principality of Montenegro
    21. Serbian Empire

22. Principality of Moldavia

23. Principality of Wallachia

28. Cossacks
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648, coat of arms, family tree/leader

31. Ragusa
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648, family tree/leader

29. Barbary Corsairs
    -> Historical Units, historical characters between 1618-1648, coat of arms, family tree/leader

Also every informations, ideas and suggestions you would like to see in this mod.
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; April 05, 2013 at 03:06 AM.

Niceee . To bad we don't get east enough to see the Safavids.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

italian plaque ? 1629-31

i will add to this later just saw what time it was

italian plaque ? 1629-31

Antonio Priuli (1618–1623)
    Francesco Contarini (1623–1624)
    Giovanni I Cornaro (1624–1630)
    Nicolň Contarini (1630–1631)
    Francesco Erizzo (1631–1646)
    Francesco Molin (1646–1655)

could be argued all these men were important they all were Doge's of Venice

for the ottomans Kara Davud Paşa (Black Da'ud Pasha) this guy was grand vizier and bad ass ... but he wasn't until 1622 i believe.

also you will have trouble deciding the leadership of the ottomans if you want to be historically accurate..

Mustafa I 22 November 1617-26 February 1618 - was an idiot

Osman II 26 February 1618-19 May 1622 -assainated

Mustafa I 20 May 1622 -10 September 1623 -same guy as before..

Murad IV 10 September 1623-8 or 9 February 1640 -ruled until his death
    The Conqueror of Baghdad

Ibrahim 9 February 1640-8 August 1648
    The Conqueror of Crete

i will add to this later just saw what time it was...

Considering Mustafa I was mentally disabled and spent all his time locked away, maybe just have him represented as an ancillary for Osman and Murad. It probably wouldn't be right having a mentally challenged "leader" fighting battles and such.

Or you could block him within a dense forest or just give him some traits that would make him immobile inside a settlement.
    In that way he could historically stay faction leader while his sons are active as hell.

Edit of faction list. i get wishes from romanian players. so bayreuth is out, kingdom of romania is in, can be get by wallachia or moldawia. and no, against new nationalism of romanian 19th century "historians", transylvania was NO romanian principality. It was an hungarian principality with mighty hungarian nobles, strong german cities and romanian peasants. i´m german, i can be neutral and objective

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Or you could block him within a dense forest or just give him some traits that would make him immobile inside a settlement.
    In that way he could historically stay faction leader while his sons are active as hell.
    They weren't his sons, though. I'd agree if the family tree was that simple. Mustafa has 2 reigns of less than a year before being deposed in favor of a better suited leader, and at game start, he'd be both the former leader, and current heir (I believe, unless he's just the current leader...). If he's just the current leader, I suppose he could be locked away as the permanent Sultan forever while Osman II never ever sees the throne, since it's impossible to die of old age in a mod lasting only 30 years, unless they script his death to happen in 1618...

Kingdom of Croatia?-No!
    You better do a Croatian name,it wasnt a kingdom it was a banovina-the leader was a Ban!-Something like prime minister today but ban was the leader of a country,there was no president,and i hope you do it well,if you want help about history i can help!
    http://www.australis.bloger.index.hr...cu/459007.aspx
    translate it with google-its a page abbout croatia in 16 and 17th century and its also good for austrian players-so you can make Croatia a vassal of Austria because it kinda was,anyways MONTI please pm me for the details of croatia because i can be from great help for history!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...oatia-Slavonia
    The Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia or Croatia Slavonia (Croatian: Kraljevina Hrvatska i Slavonija; Hungarian: Horvát-Szlavón Királyság; German: Königreich Kroatien und Slawonien) was a nominally autonomous kingdom

I think http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...%28Habsburg%29 is the one you meant to link, as this is a 17th century mod and that's a 19th century kingdom, lol.

that existed between 1527 and 1868

nvm it's just TWcenter and chrome conspiring to troll me

looks like i was wrong-sorry for late reply im sick

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast