Thread: Alliances

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Default Alliances

Anyone have any luck in ever having an ally choose you over another when a war is declared between you and their ally? Is it just my bad luck or is this happening to everyone? Regular allies aside I've even had vassals always do this. Even if I have an alliance for 40+ turns they will choose one they've had for 5 turns over me (and at those times I'm also the largest and strongest faction and trustworthy+).

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Default Re: Alliances

Allies usually choose me if I've been with them longer or helped them in some way. The only abnormal alliance is when dealing with Ordona and Hyrule since the Sheikah are always in shadow stance and therefore always allied to them regardless, so if you're best friends with Ordona and you're at war with KOH, the second the sheikah attack your alliance is over

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Oh I've never had any of the three choose me over the other (Sheikah, yes, shouldn't be able to break their alliance with KoH or Ordona) definitly. Current relations with the faction probably plays a part (even though I'm generally very good+ with any faction I'm allies with). Any short term alliances I've never had success with though (example: I ally with Gerudo, 10 turns later they ally with KoH, then even if I go to war with KoH a turn later, they'll choose KoH. Note this is even in the case where I am the dominant faction).

screw diplomacy, kill them all . except if their an npc faction.

Yeah I only progressed rather far as Labryanna Regime so usaully by the time I get to hyrule everything is under my thumb excluding the desert, but I dont think it would take me long there. The Gohma have always been my issue there are just so many of them.

I usually ally with the kokori through, since fighting them in the forest is not fun.

Magician Reversed's Avatar Libertus

In my Kokiri campaign I just had the Kingdom of Hyrule declare war on us (for the second time) and Ordona Province, who was allied to me, broke off their alliance with Hyrule to stick with me. I was rather pleased with that turn of events.
    I also had a Lanayru campaign where I became a vassal of the KoH and their allies the Gorons attacked me, resulting in the end of the Hylian-Goron alliance. Not that it did much good for me.
    "The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he comes from, and if he really was evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home, and would he not rather have stayed there... in peace?" -Faramir (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)

With Darknuts I have never had Gerudo break alliance with me (happily allied now for 85 turns), also that can be used to your advantage. When I was Lizalfos (90% of the time) the Zoras and Kokiri where allies when Deku tribes attacked getting the Zora to choose them, then come for me what i did was i moved the army the Zoras where hunting next to Kokiri settlement and got them into a war.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Oh, I don't have many issues with backstabbing, I generally don't get backstabbed. I just find to wierd that my reputation is relations are always excellent, then I get the bad end of an alliance break up with strange reasons. On a side note I've never been backsatbbed by the Kokiri, I almsot always make them my primary ally, along with he Gorons.