Thread: How to Upload a Mod?

Icon5 How to Upload a Mod?

I still haven't uploaded my Mod, and still not sure where to upload it. Can someone help me with this problem?

Default Re: How to Upload a Mod?

I assume it's a .pack file of some sort in your Shogun 2 data folder.

Start shogun 2 as per normal. Does it appear in the list of mods to tick off? If so, double click on it. This will open the upload/update window. It should be obvious from there onward...

You will have to go into your workshop (Steam -> Community -> Workshop -> My Workshop Files) to set your mod to public so people can see it. Until you do that it's private, which gives you time to edit a nice description, upload screenshots, etc.

If it doesn't appear in the list of mods in the S2 pre-game launcher, i'm not sure I can be of much help.

Note that you can still edit your .pack file locally, and it won't change the version uploaded to steam. You need to update it (via double click in mod manager -> update) before your changes go live. Also i've noticed that uploading is spotty and you frequently lose your mod description text. So if you put a lot of work into it, copy and paste that into notepad before uploading a new version, ok?
    Last edited by Charsi; March 26, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Where do you want to upload? TWCenter? or Steam Workshop?

Charsi already explained how to for Steam Workshop...In TWC, small mods are simply zipped and attached in the Post.

I was thinking in placing my mod here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...p?do=cat&id=44 so that it could be easily seen in this forums. But thanks for the info though.

So I tried that, and when I go to my workshop files, the mod isn't there.

Yeah, Nothing I have ever done has worked for ULing my mod to steam.

I know there is a file size limit, and it requires a picture with the same name as the pack.

So Ive made a test pack thats like 1mb, and Ive tried all of this multiple times and it never uploads.

Would really appreciate if someone had a solution.