Thread: Insanely slow AI turns with mos

Default Insanely slow AI turns with mos

Hey everoyone,
    So I just downloaded the MOS mod yesterday, andI'm already having problems. It takes about 5 min for each AI turn to be done... so to state the obvious, it takes insanely long inbetween turns. Can anyone help to shorten this? I skip AI movement, and have all my graphics on low. I looked at a similar thread to this, but i couldn't find my answer. I moved thet sega folder out of file (X87), i'm not using a laptop, my comptuer is only a year old, and TaTW AI turns worked fine without this mod. Plz help!

Default Re: Insanely slow AI turns with mos

p.s: when I move the charectars it moves very slowly, and sometimes freezes up

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

The main culprit for slow end turn times is scripts. Many large submods add lots of extra scripts that can really slow down the turn time. You might just want to go back to vanilla TATW 3.1. Or, you can try deleting some scripts.

Take a look at the campaign script file and see what you can live without.

Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script

When you find a script you'd like to delete highlight the lines and delete it. For example, if you'd like to delete the garrison script find the line that says:

;#################### Garrison Script Version 3.0 #####################
    Remove everything below it until you find the line that says
    ;########################### MONEY SCRIPT ##############################

For more information you can see look here and here.

*Disclaimer: Back up your campaign_script file, and consult with the MOS thread on what scripts you can remove without breaking the game.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah... It might be best to try to restore back to vanilla...