Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (updated 2/26/2019) My new and improved AI errr 3.0

Default Re: My Campaign AI Project v2.0 (11/11/2013) patch for the new HURB 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    I have included a watered down version of a very popular battle AI mod.
    Hi, I would really like to use your mod, but I already run RBAI by G5. So would installing this mod cause the "watered-down" version of RBAI included in this mod to overwrite the original mod that I have installed?

Actually, I am wondering why you decided to include that mod in the first place. If people want to use both, couldn't they just install your mod for a very good CAI and then install G5's mod for a really good battle AI? Sorry if this question is dumb I don't have much knowledge regarding TW modding.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

you are completely right but some people have no idea how to use mods and i want to give people a very good game play experience so including them both in the same package helps a lot.

and to answer your question - no it wont overwrite because that is the ai i'm using in the package.

great ai mod!thanks for this!;i play a lot with this ai and discover that the rebels indeed are agressive and attack you,but mostly when they have a settlement in the region where they have a army,if the rebel army is in a region without a rebel settlement they mostly just stands there and doin nothing,now i did not test your latest version,but i have tested a little code too that is working in mine campaign mostly for rebels too attack too when they are in a region without a rebel city,i do not know much about codes so this comes almost from nowhere,but if i give slave faction default ai label and then put this code under default it seems too work.
    maybe you can test this code too and see anny changes.
    Code:
    <decision_entry>				<!--
    					IF AT WAR AND OUTNUMBERED, FRONTLINE + FREE_STRENGTH, WANT PEACE
    				-->
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="1"/>
    				<min_entry	is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="1"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="30"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="200"/>
    				<max_entry	is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<faction_attitude	invade_priority="800" defense="defend_normal" continue="true"/>
    			</decision_entry>	

<decision_entry>
    				<!--
    				-->
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="1"/>
    				<min_entry	is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="1"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="30"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="200"/>
    				<max_entry	is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<faction_attitude	want_war="true" continue="true"/>
    			</decision_entry>	

<decision_entry>
    				<!--
    				-->
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="1"/>
    				<min_entry	is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="1"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="30"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="200"/>
    				<max_entry	is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<faction_attitude	invade_priority="800" defense="defend_normal" continue="true"/>
    			</decision_entry>				

<decision_entry>
    				<!--
    				-->
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="1"/>
    				<min_entry	is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<min_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="1"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="30"/>
    				<max_entry	stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="200"/>
    				<max_entry	is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
    				<faction_attitude	want_war="true" continue="true"/>
    			</decision_entry>	

<decision_entry>
    dont look at the text between the codes as they make no sence lol,thanks again for this great campaign ai that is making mine campaign so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    great ai mod!thanks for this!;i play a lot with this ai and discover that the rebels indeed are agressive and attack you,but mostly when they have a settlement in the region where they have a army,if the rebel army is in a region without a rebel settlement they mostly just stands there and doin nothing,now i did not test your latest version,but i have tested a little code too that is working in mine campaign mostly for rebels too attack too when they are in a region without a rebel city,i do not know much about codes so this comes almost from nowhere,but if i give slave faction default ai label and then put this code under default it seems too work.
    maybe you can test this code too and see anny changes.
    Code:
    <decision_entry>                <!--
                    -->
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="1"/>
                    <min_entry    is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="1"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="30"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="200"/>
                    <max_entry    is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <faction_attitude    invade_priority="800" defense="defend_normal" continue="true"/>
                </decision_entry>    

<decision_entry>
                    <!--
                    -->
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="1"/>
                    <min_entry    is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="1"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_enemies="30"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="false" num_settlements="200"/>
                    <max_entry    is_neighbour="false" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <faction_attitude    want_war="true" continue="true"/>
                </decision_entry>    

<decision_entry>
                    <!--
                    -->
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="1"/>
                    <min_entry    is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="1"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="30"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="200"/>
                    <max_entry    is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <faction_attitude    invade_priority="800" defense="defend_normal" continue="true"/>
                </decision_entry>                

<decision_entry>
                    <!--
                    -->
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="1"/>
                    <min_entry    is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <min_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="1"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_enemies="30"/>
                    <max_entry    stance="AtWar" is_neighbour="true" num_settlements="200"/>
                    <max_entry    is_neighbour="true" target_human="true" stance="AtWar"/>
                    <faction_attitude    want_war="true" continue="true"/>
                </decision_entry>    

<decision_entry>
    dont look at the text between the codes as they make no sence lol,thanks again for this great campaign ai that is making mine campaign so much better!

cheers, ill give it a test run.

rebels are very annoying to balance as they are counted as one faction rather than lots of little factions.
    that, combined with the fact they are at war with everyone makes them very scared to act.

want_war="true" doesn't exist as a faction attitude I think. Rebel behaviour in general is very strange and has some hardcoded stuff in it for sure. You can tell the slaves to 100% always invade immediate and they still won't siege any AI settlements. They do siege player settlements though. Interacting with the player, they also move their armies around, which they mostly don't while interacting with AI factions.
    Defend normal also shouldn't be in there since the defend decision is done previously. You also don't need max entries of num enemies or settlements.
    Increasing the invade priority should increase the amount of forces the AI uses, but I'm not yet sure if that actually works.
    Telling them to invade is done via the invade="x" decision. You can have a invade_priority of 100000, when you tell the AI to invade_none they still won't do anything.

You can tell the slaves to 100% always invade immediate and they still won't siege any AI settlements;i don't know much about codes but i think you can not tell slaves too attack,you only can put code in that tells when ai sees this conditions,then they schould attack human player,anny faction that is under this ai label will see the codes and will react on it.

about the codes,i don't know much about them but it seems too work in mine campaign,but maybe only by luck as i tested this not long enough too see it repeat,even thought the rebels are attacking me more then before.

about the want_war , i dont know if this exist but i was worth too try it(and it does not make the game ctd, as want_peace is surly known,maybe i schould put more of the same codes in but too codes with the want_peace in it,so they will attack too if ai see human priority is peace lol,but faction got too be at war.
    maybe some of the codes shouldn't be in there,but i think ai is looking at more then only a invade code,but i really dont know so much about the codes just put this codes in that i thought that would make the rebels attack more as i play a lot of campaigns and like them too be more then chickens without a head,and some of the codes seems too make the slave faction attack more at least in mine campaign so if someone can test this too then i know if it is just good luck our a lucky peace of good code,if its not then no problem.

you are completely right but some people have no idea how to use mods and i want to give people a very good game play experience so including them both in the same package helps a lot.

and to answer your question - no it wont overwrite because that is the ai i'm using in the package.
    Ok fair enough. Thanks for the response, in that case I will use them both!

Real life had been swamping me badly, now I can stuff again. To bug hunting!

Epic battles with full 2-3 stakes allow?

Libertus

beermugcarl, hello. Can you name the conditions under which: Artificial intelligence breaks the alliance and attacks on former ally; Artificial Intelligence selects the enemy, who is going to attack? You can also specify the number of ten-point scale, which corresponds to: aggressive artificial intelligence; level of fidelity to the union; level of possible betrayal ally. Thank you. I offer my apologies for my bad english.

Hellow?
    What about compatible with HURB 5.5 ?

in case anyone is interested.
    I exist again and was planning on getting into some deep ai stuff especially with all the awesome research going on over at europa barborum into campaign ai.

I still think germanicus offers the best battle ai.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi beermugcarl,
    to give you a feedback: I still play a HURB 5.4 game, with RBAI. I didn't plan to play HURB 5.5 (since it was said to have some bugs), but I plan to play either Titanium or SSHIP.
    You plan to work on your submod to HURB 5.4, or to the other mods?
    cheers
    Jurand

to be honest it really depends, but SSHIP seems to be the most active and supported mod right now, if I here back from folk doing titanium though then for sure.

Zemich's Avatar Civis

I tested your AI with HURB 5.5c, VH/VH playing as England. By turn 20, the AI states haven't started any wars and made no alliances of their own, except for 2 by Kiev.

Default Re: (05/04/2016) My new and improved AI errr 3.0

ok ok ok i have play tested the latest version quite a bit on both titanium and SSHIP.

I think i might have over-tuned the Aggression a little but i'm not too sure, balance is hard true story.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

ok ok ok i have play tested the latest version quite a bit on both titanium and SSHIP.
    I think i might have over-tuned the Aggression a little but i'm not too sure, balance is hard true story.
    Hi beermugcarl . Does your update from (05/04/2016 - first post in thread) address above issues in SSHIP ??
    I'm very interested in both -> SSHIP and your AI, because your AI features lists fixes AI 'errors' that I found on my SSHIP campaigns.

anyway, thanks for your work,
    regards, Tomasz M.

it will fix a lot, but there is only so much I can do whilst maintaining cross mod compatibility hence I put some advice for modders.

though I didn't say it fixes errors. it does make the decision making a lot better but of course there will still be errors.

a great example is that as a play test as Novgorod in SSHIP I got my port Blockaded by Scotland which was an error that I had hoped to remove. but after a 100 turn campaign I felt two random blockade declarations (one was from Norway but that made more sense as i had Sweden under control) was an acceptable amount.

So I wouldn't say my AI fixes all errors but hey, give it a try.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Hi beermugcarl .

I've played about 15 years in SSHIP in early campaign with your AI mod.
    Differences I noticed are :

- AI (Moors) attacked me (Aragonese) in synchronized way from two directions. Very very nice feature.
    One main strong army and second small one. I really really like it.

- When at war, AI (Moors) where constantly blockading my ports, not 'from time to time' as before. Nice feature.

- AI is very agressive with Assassins. I've got asassination attempts every turn in every city.
    It's good feature - but to good -> where in files can I tune it a little bit or switch off ??

- I see some changes of AI battlefield behaviour, but still haven't played enought battles.
    What I noticed as 'strange' : AI is sometimes attacking in column formation.
    Infantry units has trend to chase after archers / skimirshers - and in my paricular battles it was dumb for AI to do that.

- but overall - to early to say with confidence - but battle AI has better performance. But I'm not 100% sure, just such impression.

If I would like to use only your Campaign AI - could you explain what files should be copied (overrided) and which ones not ? Please .

> I had a dream. a dream of competent AI!

Thanks for your work on this mod !

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

One more difference :
    - a lot more 'agents' activity. I saw for the first time The Inquisitor testing faith of my King.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast