Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (updated 2/26/2019) My new and improved AI errr 3.0

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: My AI Project (courtesy of alreadyded) v1.0 (31/03/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    It was working without the files, then backed up the original files and installed your modified files and it kicked me back to main menu when I tried to start a campaign. I put the original files back and it worked.

But vanilla with DaC workes fine
    I managed to replicate it as well but i asked the mos mod team about it and they told me that modding files that aren't map files for mos often messes up the game because of the amount of installers that they run - so sorry about that

Default Re: My Campaign AI Project (courtesy of alreadyded) v1.0 (31/03/2013)

Still not working (but I guess you haven't updated the files?)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 06, 2013 at 07:13 AM.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

i would like to point out MOS uses really bad AI by germaniu5 (i think that's right...) as standard and adding two AI changing mods that aren't made with each other in mind often break each other .. so regardless of the installers it still might not work :

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    i would like to point out MOS uses really bad AI by germaniu5 (i think that's right...) as standard and adding two AI changing mods that aren't made with each other in mind often break each other .. so regardless of the installers it still might not work :
    it doesn't conflict with RBAI because thats a battle AI and this is a campaign AI.
    the reason it doesn't work with mos is quite confusing, having conversed with several members of the team they don't really know why without sinking much of their time into figuring out why so its just going to have to be as it is in concerns with mos as nobody really knows

though i was told OVER AND OVER that because mos has a bunch of installers running off bat files that any changes tend to conflict in one way or the other.

fortunately for me, the AI isn't really targeted at third_Age just that it should be compatible

Okey, so it dont work with MOS then :-) to bad...but as you say, AI is not important in TA, just make it the Lore 100% and everything is good :-)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 08, 2013 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    it doesn't conflict with RBAI because thats a battle AI and this is a campaign AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    Campaign AI by Alreadyded
    i knew there was one active in MOS

fortunately for me, the AI isn't really targeted at third_Age just that it should be compatible
    i'm glad one less head ache for you

So PCP CAI is already in MOS?

no i believe a campaign AI that Alreadyded made is included in MOS , the PCP AI is newer with more tinkering .. i am actually meant to beta test the latest round of changes when he is finished adding other stuff

Okey thanks, cant say that the MOS CAI is any impressive but I havent tried PCP (waithing for the next patch) or vanilla TA other than alittle with DaC map submob. (it was bad also) But, I see that his mod worked on vanilla TA with DaC so I might give it a shot but playing vanilla TA ( even with this awesome remade map) is like going back to the stone age compared to all the good SUBMODS out there.

Laetus

Hi
    Is this compatible with SSMAP submod?

Does this work with MSC? I'd love an improvement to the CAI in it, I don't really like it, but I love the rest of MSC.
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Does this work with MSC? I'd love an improvement to the CAI in it, I don't really like it, but I love the rest of MSC.
    in theory.

tell me if it doesn't.

in theory.

tell me if it doesn't.
    Hmm. How would I go about knowing if it's working or not? Something like CAI it could be hard to notice the small differences between MSC/Vanilla SS and your little mod. I'll definitely give it a try I just don't know how to see the difference, it's more long-term when it comes to CAI, know what I mean?
    My machine:
    MOBO: Z270 GAMING M3
    CPU: Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666
    GPU: Zotac GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO + 5 HDD

Quote Originally Posted by zorphon View Post
    Hmm. How would I go about knowing if it's working or not? Something like CAI it could be hard to notice the small differences between MSC/Vanilla SS and your little mod. I'll definitely give it a try I just don't know how to see the difference, it's more long-term when it comes to CAI, know what I mean?
    well, i think you will notice but also if it doesn't crash it then its worked

but seriously it should be compatible with EVERYTHING in the stainless sub-forum. the only person who has said it hasn't worked was when it caused a crash and it was for a third_Age sub mod.

so what i'm saying is... if it doesn't crash then it works. though i will point out that if you run the setup you will have to copy and paste the files again.

uploaded specific edits for hurb. will do ssmap when 08 is released. for anything else (thera, third age, vanilla ss) use the misc mods options. i take requests

also edits to make it more aggressive, more naval jumps (trying to get the balance between no naval blockade declarations and still invading by boat is tricky).

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Default Re: My Campaign AI Project (courtesy of alreadyded) v1.1 (08/05/2013)

I'm currently using ur AI with SSHIP 0.7c and I must admit I find it quite challenging for VH/VH, guess I may rate it 9/10 so far. The only thing I changed is autoresolve, I took it from Soulson AI. Please consider improving vassalage too...

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    I'm currently using ur AI with SSHIP 0.7c and I must admit I find it quite challenging for VH/VH, guess I may rate it 9/10 so far. The only thing I changed is autoresolve, I took it from Soulson AI. Please consider improving vassalage too...
    what was wrong with the auto_resolve?

thank you very much for the feedback!

EDIT: i actually JUST changed the auto_resolve today in the new upload but you only get the auto_resolve stuff in the HURB pack atm because that file can mess about with some mods.
    Last edited by beermugcarl; May 08, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Well, the autoresolve section of your AI seemed like a default style to me, which usually means a loss of an army if using it, so I took it from the Soulson's AI (which he took from XAI anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    Well, the autoresolve section of your AI seemed like a default style to me, which usually means a loss of an army if using it, so I took it from the Soulson's AI (which he took from XAI anyway )
    hmm. they weren't the default ones but i did change them recently because they made it too hard to attack a castle with auto (though in my opinion you shouldn't auto such battles but this is what my 'testers' told me)

Thanks for this mod, it sounds promising. I have one question though: has it been verified that rebels are indeed more active using this mod?

+rep for the great ideas!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast