Thread: Governors decrease happiness?....

Default Governors decrease happiness?....

I had to format my computer and re-install RS II. I have found in my new game many of my cities are fine, then on the start of a new turn the public order drops. I remove the governor and the public order goes way up. The governor when moved out has almost 0 movement points.

I then end the turn, Governor gets all the movement points back. I move them back into the city. Public order gets even better. End turn again, problem starts all over again. I have even moved governors to armies the the field or to other cities and it seems the same cities that have this problem.

Any one else get this?

Babjones

Default Re: Governors decrease happiness?....

Governors certainly can acquire 'bad' traits that can reduce public order. However, what you seem to be describing (and I assume you have more than 85 settlements when this happens), then this looks like the pre-cursor to the 2nd Rebellion.

In which case - you're supposed to leave the Governor there and let it happen. He's already decided to rebel and it's going to happen.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Well here is the thing. I already had the second rebellion and eventually re-took all the lost provinces. It was atfer that when I noticed all of this.

Also I don't want a THIRD rebellion. I find then to be an irritation to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by babjones View Post
    Also I don't want a THIRD rebellion. I find then to be an irritation to say the least.
    Quite understand that, if you look elsewhere there is a bug in the rebellion (that doesn't seem to happen for everyone), hence the difficulty in resolving it. So, could you please tell me how many settlements you had when the rebellion took place, and how many rebelled?

Then I would suggest:
    - Go back to a 'back-up' you took before this latest issue occurred
    - Then apply/edit the 'temporary fix' I suggested a little while ago here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sav-compatible
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

lol sigh.... I don't have a back up from the start of the rebellion as i delete older files... I see in the fix it's called the Caesar rebellion. so do you get a message when you get your territories back that you are the Caesar? also i just found one of the armies that betrayed. destroyed said army but the problem persists. in the scripting do you have to hunt down all of these armies so the rebellion is officially over?

Quote Originally Posted by babjones View Post
    lol sigh.... I don't have a back up from the start of the rebellion as i delete older files... I see in the fix it's called the Caesar rebellion. so do you get a message when you get your territories back that you are the Caesar? also i just found one of the armies that betrayed. destroyed said army but the problem persists. in the scripting do you have to hunt down all of these armies so the rebellion is officially over?
    Don't worry so much about the 'names' of Traits used - they are normally hidden. When the Rebellion is over, however, the FL becomes 'Imperator' and (iirc) the FH becomes 'Caesar'.

The only thing that really matters is that, once re-taken, then settlements don't re-rebel. You don't have to take out every single army, although I suspect you eventually will.