Thread: vald, let me help you with your unit description

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Default vald, let me help you with your unit description

i notice that for some units the unit descrition is ether not their or not spelt very well, i would be wiling to correct these and add these descriptions if you woud like, i will write them in text format and then ether post them here or pm you and you can add it for the next update, let me know if you want me to help you of course.

for a little sample ive done some of the roman units.

roman swordsmen "The Roman field army relied on its heavily armed comitatenses to cut down the enemy, much like Caesar legions of the past. However the Romans soon realised that they needed a lightly armoured unit that was cheep to train and equip to back the comitatenses up in the field. This led to the creation of the roman swordsmen, these troops were armed with poor quality chain mail armour usually poorly maintained and rusted and blunt swords and thin helmets. These troops where easy and quick to train and where used on the front line of a field army to absorb cavalry charges and enemy artillery so the comitatenses can then cut the enemy down."

gothic spearmen "The Romans always hated the culture of the barbarians, however they where all to willing to import foreign fighting methods into their own if they felt it was effective, this lead to the creation of gothic spearmen. Recruited from the eastern empires boarder with the Goths the gothic spearmen are heavily armed spearmen that are trained to form a shield wall, they are a great defensive force and good against cavalry but they lack the commitment and dedication of the main roman army and are venerable to artillery."

what do you think? if you would like id be more then happy to do it for all of your units that lack one and id fix the spelling for the ones you have done yourself.
    Last edited by LoZz; August 20, 2006 at 02:56 PM.

vlad's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: vald, let me help you with your unit description

thx
    Mongol invasion 2 mod for Medieval 2 Kingdoms https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCR...ew?usp=sharing
    New download links of Vlad Total war mod Rome Expansion and Barbarian invasion on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IU1...ew?usp=sharing
    Patch for two vlads mods (for Rome and Barbarians) on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbE...usp=drive_link
    my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vladimir.kudin/
    my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/vlad9vt

thorn is's Avatar Libertus

Lozz I've cleared up some of the spelling in the unit descriptions, but only the spelling and grammer. I didn't add anything to the descriptions (which some of the descriptions may need). I got about half done thanks to work never leaving me alone... I could share what I have if you want... or you could start from the begining...
    either way I offer to help when I can
    sorry would write more but gotta go back to work
    "...ferreique Eumenidum thalami et Discordia demens vipereum crinem vittis innexa cruentis." Virgil 6 280

i need a list of those units without a description

sent it to you Lozz
    I got a ton of spelling errors done already :-)

second part of the post I figured out
    so ignore my 2nd post
    thank you
    Last edited by thorn is; August 26, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
    "...ferreique Eumenidum thalami et Discordia demens vipereum crinem vittis innexa cruentis." Virgil 6 280

figured out
    *ignore*
    Last edited by thorn is; August 26, 2006 at 07:01 PM.

finishing them off this weekend, up on monday

Foederatus

I think you should learn how to spell Vlad before you do anything else Just joking

Nice that someone want's to deal with this.
    Last edited by Redshark; September 02, 2006 at 05:05 PM.