Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon v2.65 Feedback

@Marechal Read the first post in this threat.

I fought a losing battle against Prussia playing as Russia, the AI held their ground, unlike before, and made lines with a reserve line, after we clashed and i was losing i sounded the retreat and as my forces ran they lined up once again, and moved units to cover their flanks. it was quite a site seeing the AI

seems to be canister is broken, shoots right into the ground, not 100% sure tho

Playing Europe Campaign as France Middle 1805: Prussia declared war on me and take Hannover with a Full Stack and help of Meckleburg, later i recover it. Brittish made 1 naval invasion and some times block my port. Not much moves of Austria, they send a full stack to Bavaria, i confronted them numerically outnumbered 1 to 3 and kill a lot of men but i was forced to retire. Their army fall back to. I only saw a russian army once.

About the Battle AI: I noticed that when i attack an enemy army they are retard going left to right and right to left, but if i get a cavalry unit closer to them they activate their brains and start advancing, its like a "turn on" button. When the enemy army attack me their advance perfect, Arty fires, etc. no problem. The AI had always a cavalry reserv near their arty, but they dont use it until is too late and the battle is lost for them. In a battle against Prussia they had a 7 cavalry squadron as reserve. Thats to much i think.....

Also: Im experience this from the previous version.
    In battle, enemy reinforcement enter to the combat from the begining, but my reinforcements never enter to the combat, and if they do they do it half and hour after battle begining, and they just enter a few units. The others never appear.

Hi Darth,

I know it is a very peculiar request, but note that Gamefront is not available in China / Hong Kong, therefore it is very hard to access mods in general (not only for DarthMod, all games).
    There are more and more Western people and gamers in Asia, specifically China, so i think it is important to have a torrent option for all updates, otherwise there is no way to give feedback quickly as we gamers in China can't download the files whatever we try.

I am certainly not the only one struggling to download the mod through Moddb (that redirect the download to gamefront...).
    If you have a suggestion to bypass this limitation, i would be happy to know your solution, otherwise, please try as much as you can to have someone propose a torrent link.

thank you !

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Quote Originally Posted by pedrooo14 View Post

About the Battle AI: I noticed that when i attack an enemy army they are retard going left to right and right to left, but if i get a cavalry unit closer to them they activate their brains and start advancing, its like a "turn on" button. When the enemy army attack me their advance perfect, Arty fires, etc. no problem.
    That may be potentially very important information.
    I'll try this and report back.

I havent noticed that so much, they usually line up, then wait for me to make my move and changes their formation depending on what i do.

ofcourse being AI, if i run cav from one side to the other their formation can be ruined

auto resolve is broken... i had 4-5k troops, the enemies 800.. i lost 1600 troops... and im playing as france, was against prussia

sorry edit: 9000 troops is what i had against their 800.

just started a napoleon Egypt campaign, the Fusiliers of line and the line infantry troops costs EXACTLY as much, has the same number of troops but the line infantry has less stats. so they are 100% useless :/

Hi guys, I am unable to download V2.65 from Moddb. How to proceed, please?
    Thanks in advance

Try creating a accounnt.

To Pedroo14, it is running. Thanks

The AI arty and inf tendence to fire and get closer, fire and get closer, fire and avance, always walking (a few times they do it running) Even if they are 2 meters away from my position. So the inf fire only a few rounds and recieve a lot of cassualties. And the mayority of times before reach my lines lose the moral and disband, and do the same again.

Downloaded it today, started a campaign as Prussia and after several turns, found myself in a war with Austria and Russia.

I mobilized 8712 men against Austria, and on my way to Muravia was ambushed by a single unit of 120 men. I auto-calculated the battle and...lost.

A well balanced army numbering nearly 10,000 men, lost 5347 men to a single unit of 120 men...what?

As for actual battles, the battle mechanics in DMN are great. A.I. actually flanked and the overall flow of the battle was much better, no incredibly dumb moves on the A.I. end.

My Prussian army of nearly 10,000 men met the Austrian army that numbered a little over 12,000 men on a field near Vienna, and by the end of the day the fields were littered with 10,000 corpses.

Awesome.

the download links doesnt work now.
    And also I got v2.6+++, and tried to make some changes in Projectile table. But even just a little change of number, my NTW cannot launch. It ends up to CTD. Can anyone help me?

i have a problem, because when i play the DMN European campaign everything is fine , but then i want play the DMN European campaign with emergent factions ,but something happened and it deletes my DMN European campaign save game.

i don't know why but when i play again the DMN European campaign it deletes the save game of my DMN European campaign with emergent factions???

sorry if i have mistakes but my English is not too good.

benedu3095
    Use other name to continue your campaign because the launcher has the habbit to clear 40-unit default saves when switching settings.

Hi to all. I was away for almost two weeks.
    I hope you enjoy the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    benedu3095
    Use other name to continue your campaign because the launcher has the habbit to clear 40-unit default saves when switching settings.

Hi to all. I was away for almost two weeks.
    I hope you enjoy the mod.
    Thank you.

I have other question , i am playing as Savoy in DME and DMN, in both the troops of Savoy speak french and i don't like it, how can i make him speak Italian instead of french?

Congratulations your mods are the best
    Greetings.

Hi Darth, Congrats on all of your excellent mods I love them! But just one thing.... I'm not liking the automatic Fire by Rank in DMN! That is not what they used in the Napoleonic Wars, they used it later on in the Zulu Wars! Is there any way I can disable the automatic Fire by Rank in DarthMod Napoleon. Apart from that, its a great mod!!! thx

@samo i don't like the fire by rank either so i did some tweaks using mod file manager.
    the mod is cool however I just found just as pedrooo14 says the BAI tries to get closer and fire and advance and regroup the formation, which causes great casualty under fire. the AI also tends to regroup the formation quite often even when my troops are approaching.
    I usually play custom battle but I don't think in campaign AI behaves better. I replaced the fire by rank with the volley fire, I am not sure if it does matter?