Thread: CTD Men at Arms Armor-upgrade (missing texture) + Fix

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

Default CTD Men at Arms Armor-upgrade (missing texture) + Fix

Don't need to post the log, as it was empty anyway and figured the cause of this.

The [Dismounted] Men at Arms/Professional Soldiers (any faction) causes a battle crash after the 1st & 2nd armor-upgrade, cause of a missing head-texture.

The last armor upgrade works fine.

edit: was bored and figured the error with the full log enabled.
    for "dismounted_italian_maa_ug1" and "italian_maa_ug1" the following line(s) are invalid and the texture missing for any of these 6 listed factions. (battle_models.modeldb)
    65 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Knights Heads_slave_norm.texture 0
    If changed to
    64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Knights Heads_base_norm.texture 0
    then it's working again and the model appears properly with the new armor You could as well copy & rename "...\data\unit_models\attachmentsets\final knights heads_base_norm.texture" to "final knights heads_slave_norm.texture". Am using an updated modeldb with the hospitaller fix, but it is based on 6.4, so the error should be in the base file as well.

Took the liberty to attach the fixed version as well, should be working again with HRE/Sicily/Papal/Venice/Milan/Slave and also includes the Knights Hospitaller Full Plate armor fix.

Extract it, and put the "mods" folder into your SEGA/Medieval II Total War/ folder, or wherever you installed your game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valky; April 05, 2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: fix
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Default Re: CTD Men at Arms Armor-upgrade (missing texture) + Fix

Thanks. This saved me 3 months worth of campaigning ;was stuck in the late stage of the game due to enemy besieging army having one of these units....

Thanks for this fix. This helps sooo much. +rep

Thank you OP

This fix saved me

Wow, this actually saved my campaign! Thanks. This should be more well known. A lot of people are reporting these crashes going into battles at near end of game, and are being told all kinds of wacked out solutions. Deleting all other Sega games, reformatting hard drive and doing clean install etc... editing security functions, and disabling UAC etc. OF course none of that fixes it, but this sure did.

Thank you very much! I was sweating blood, 'cause I thought I have to abandon a campaign I was playing for month...

This fix is included in the Bug Fix compilation and I highly recommend to download and install it.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    This fix is included in the Bug Fix compilation and I highly recommend to download and install it.

I've just installed SS6.4 but haven't played it yet. So, do I need to install these bugfixes right away or it's not necessary yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
    I've just installed SS6.4 but haven't played it yet. So, do I need to install these bugfixes right away or it's not necessary yet?
    Just install it right away. Saves you a lot troubles, otherwise you will encounter CTDs sooner or later.