Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    When you assume direct control and switch to Shrapnel shot, the angle of the cannon completely changes. Given that it only lasts for like 3 shots, this renders using it in first person completely useless since you have to use trial and error to aim properly, and if you've already established a good firing arc with regular shot, you have to find a completely new one with the shrapnel.

Even if you do, for some reason the shrapnel shot never detonates; the ball sticks to the ground like a glitch, making no impact and just sticking there, with no explosion or damage dealt
    The shrapnel ammo only fireīs out 1 shoot or maybe 2 am not sure, and i really dont use manual aim with cannons, And i dont believe it as to do anything with the mod it self. I suggest that you test this things in a clean vanilla, Because talking about manual shots does not work due to no propper time or what you are trying to explaine here is something that i cannot see that it as something to do personal with the Darthmod version.

Itīs like me saying and asking the creator of DMS, why this or that dont work like intended before in the mechanic, and i see the errors bugs all the time, Till i then unstalled the mod my self everything and then did a propper vanilla test of my own and saw the evidence that the mod it self holds now responsibilites for the such bugs, I discoverd in the past, but that they have came into the Shogun 2 game by the lateast patch from the CA. And that is what i know of my own testings and discovery. Due to being an amature and not having all the information of how the changes are being mad and in wish specific files and folders of DMS, itīs very hard for me personal to know what is a bug and what is not, is it a AI bug or texture or wish things createīs crashes,

Is it my end or the game or the mod, There are so many inviduel parts back and forth that the best thing and a personal advice is to dubble check other forums and have a sourch material by play and test the vanilla and even check there official forum. And ask and write up in more informaterial forms in this thread. Iīm in no form protecting DMSīs work or the mods that are included in the Darth project. Iīm all just saying that the best solutions is to really dubble test it and search for more evidence also else were and with diff settings enabled.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Ahh, seen that also but never thought it as an enoying bug :-) Bigger problem that thr AI dont seem to develope their settlement, at turn 200 all the settlements are still citys and many havent upgraded to military port....
    Hmm thats sad news from your campaign,

In my Saga Campaign there are Provinces that have the highest forts lvl and Highest Cities devolumpent to date of the tech tree and i havent yet come to that bit. The AI is all before me in civil and war tech on quite many areaīs And about Millitery bases i havent seen a singel harbor that does not have a coustal defense, everyone actully have that and upgraded to coppar and iron plateīs ships. Horses with carbins, guards rifles and amstrong cannons. I could keep on forever. And nice mixed up fleet forces are attacking and on the land side i see massive armies with good combinations of mixed out units, Nothing much of unreal or boring clones as reported in the past older versions or bugs or wierd things for that matters.

I just shake my head sometimes Sandra when i hear your sad campaign stories how poor the AI is devoluping in your campaigns? As this is really honestly is not happening in my book at all. Because if it would i would have Screen shoots all over the place with proff and for working material for fixes. I would have wrote up toons of explanations and assumtions of my own in my tests incase such campaign would have ever devoluped in my FOTS or SHogun 2. But as it has not then there are no big such threads/post from me, expect the bugs or wierd things that i have hit on during the beta tests and the final versions, And as said before most of them do exist due to CAīs latest patch release, That is my personal state of view, if iīm all wrong as humens can be. Then please i urge anyone to step forward and prove me other ways.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Well, it has happend two times now so it kinda ruins the game. I need to invaide their settlemens and upgrade it for them then give it back to them, in hope to get some resistance. Its not like the AI dont have money as I give the 2 biggest factions 50-100k every 10 turn or so..

I will try and turn AI handicap on to enable the heavy cheats for the AI and see if that can makeit harder.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 10, 2013 at 03:51 AM.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

*double post*

@SandraDevilGirl

I haven't experienced such a passivity in my games in the versions 4 or 5 in DMS.
    Could you provide screenshots or even share your savegames ?

Actually, what you describe is so excessive in my eyes i have come to a level where i doubt what you say to be frank.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Haha, yeah I would just make that up. You got me :-(

I suggest you to share pics or save files.
    I can't help you much more than that, i am afraid.

Since you are not modding this game, you cant help me at all.

This is a feedback section where we post feedback and this is my feedback, wherever its posetive or negative.

I will give some screenshots of the enemy settlements showing their development at turn 200.

Well, readers have advised you to turn off the money script, and to turn off BSM to reduce your crashes, that's already something positive !

Good luck for the next step !

Since you are not modding this game, you cant help me at all.

This is a feedback section where we post feedback and this is my feedback, wherever its posetive or negative.

I will give some screenshots of the enemy settlements showing their development at turn 200.
    Hi Sandra,

Could you give us/me a step by step in exact what settings you selected on the DMS luncher before you start up your game, And then tell me the exact ingame Options you have turned on in the graphic section and then tell me your exact campaign settings and wish CLAN you play and, AI difficulty is it a short campaign or long or world domination etc etc...

If you can do that for me 100% of what i sinercly ask for i will take a look and read all your words and see why you get a such poor campaign. If i wont see anything wierd things with it. Then i will test those "ALL" settings that you will state in your coming post below mine. And i will do a test my self to really see what is happening.

Because what you describe to me/4us is just out of the sky blue heaven, Not that i accuse you for lieying or making this up or anything like that, not at all Iīm just honestly saying that this is the wierdest AI or any bugs whatever we migth call it Campaign behavor situation i have ever seen or heard of. It bassicly sounds that "AI" in your game is in none excisting in any form or shape. Littery in other words completely perhas dead end? :-|

Screen shots and even better, your save game would been also very helpful as Fred suggested by asking you to share it with us all others

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Default + Bayonet and larger deployzone...

Default + Bayonet and larger deployzone...
    Ok nice Sandra thank you, Now i need your other options and settings if i may, it might maybe not sound so importent, but i really really wish and want to have the exact same settings as yours to replicate the same poor AI in those game play settings of yours. To find out what causes it if it will popup in my own campaign

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Just follow the signs on the buttons, everything is default.

And playing on very hard :-)

AI doesn't really upgrade their ports and cities, yes, but that doesn't stop them from fielding stack after stack without much problem. Though given that my last campaign was as Imperial, enemy armies tended to be an awful lot of Shogitai and Wooden Cannons, so that's probably a problem.

Furthermore, Bear infantry must be reintroduced!

I have bear infantry?

Also; I have the Bayonet boost enabled, and bayonets are indeed present on the rifles when I zoom in, but the units don't have an anti-cavalry bonus attack. Are they just for show, or is the "bonus" just a boost to their melee attack?

Also, I see that Black Bear infantry are available in custom battles, but only Black Bears, and nowhere present in the campaign.

Why push SandraDevilGirl to post screenshots when you don't post screenshots yourself? Honestly, Sandra's experience is very similar to my own. I can't help it that nooblets don't know how to play efficiently and thus do not experience the same situations as Sandra and I. This mod has become extremely passive towards anyone who knows how to play in an effective manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    Why push SandraDevilGirl to post screenshots when you don't post screenshots yourself? Honestly, Sandra's experience is very similar to my own. I can't help it that nooblets don't know how to play efficiently and thus do not experience the same situations as Sandra and I. This mod has become extremely passive towards anyone who knows how to play in an effective manner.
    Lichen, This is not a debate to bash ppl on there toes or to be mean or to tell others, you dont know how to play or whatever you really mean with your post display right now. I for secound have not said or meant any harm to anyone. Itīs not what the dialog is about. We are here to report bugs and such, gameplay campaign devolupent etc etc. Now that some ppl are having a awesome campaign and it works flawless and for others itīs just katastrof a disaster campaign.

My answers are, i have no idea why itīs happeing and i for once really want to understand and dearly honestly really want to find out why and if i can and may so. Even help anyone with whatever the problems might be. I love to tweak and test out things. Because what some users are writing up here is something that is not happening in my campaigns. To ask a person about a replay or a screenshot is not about that I or other do not believe there experiances. I for once can only speak for my self how it could be help ful. if i may get a save file and to gather the exact DMS luncher settings and what kind of campaign options are enabled as information. Then i can check this things for my self and gather a greater view of information what causes those bad campaigns AI decisions in there game play.

I asked about the exact settings to Sandra of what kind of options she uses in here game play, i havent rechived all the valued information that i asked for. As i asked also what kind of ingame options do i need to have enabled!? I basicly want to replicate the same game as what they are seeing in there campaigns.. Because everytime i start up a new game play, all sub mods are ON, any kind of boost Cheats are OFF, Bayonet and bigger deployment is ON, always starting up long campaign game and AI set on Hard, no lower or higher.

I would honestly say to you Lich that you should try to read the post littery in the way they are wroten, to not get into some kind of bash and communication missunderstanding, frankly iīm sinercly to old for such behavor in my mid old age as a grown up person. If you are seeing it as ppl are bullying someone, pushing. I truly think you miss jugded the whole point and the post above completely. I for my self have triad and helped as many i can, on this thread and outside of this thread. Itīs because i like to help up ppl. And i really love to investigate diff changes and hear others experianceīs and stories, compared to my own campaigns and AI devolupments.

And please watch your words of how you use em toward others here, " nooblets " " Dont know how to play " " Effeciently " Such kind of tretments or silly displays does not belong here what so ever.

I have respected every user here, I have respected every valued report from each one here and always been sad and wonderd why things are going badly and for others not!?
    When some one is telling that there AI in there campaign does upgrade every cities and harbor and even at some point of some army units are above the humen tech devolupent? . Does that mean to you that the person does not know how to play a game because heīs a noob to you. Just because that the AI is working pretty good in heīs campaign but in yours the AI is littery to dumb to even know what to do?

Itīs like saying.. I know how to play extremly good and lvl up pretty fast and do all the best decisions and moves and be 10 steps before the AI, after so and so many turns later. The AI is still living in the stone age time and i have lasers and huge big mech robots and setting fire on papers house and AI cannot even destory my uber Bunker complex basers because he does not know how to use sci tech perfectly this mod sucks. Iīm to good and everyone else whom play this mod are noobles!? <--- I dont know if this is what you really mean Lichen, no offense but that is the exact reaction i got from your post.

And i have always apoligize in advance and wrote the words " No offense, do not take it personly i dont mean it in a bad way or to create any harm " I have wrote up such words before. Because i never ever are trying to bully up some one IRL or here as i know what this mean. If any one ever feelt it by any kind of my words in the past or silly jokes, just for the humor sake with a crystal glimt in the eye i not a shame to say it again. I apoligize once again if the person feelt it.

Never wanted to write up a such long post and i really have no time or energy to go into such debateīs in this thread, because like i said earlier on top, this is not the point of the thread, we report what we sees and how things feels to help up Darth with a valud information of bugs and AI behavor. And that is what we are all doing, weather the AI is good or bad in any kind of categories whom play the mod. And if we users/gamers/players start to talk to each other by trying to help or asking each other what kind of settings we use before we start up a new campaign i do believe itīs a vaule source to go by as well and that together those whom want and are intressted to try to investigate on what is really going on. Total War AI behavor have always been very complex and huge. Diff Settings and selections do have a huge deal of AIīs behavor in a new started up campaign, it as proven in the past several times that a game experiance for the user goes horrible wrong on all grounds or it as proven that is goes crazy to good and the game ends pretty quick. Or it becomes simple boring and we start over.

Lets try to work together with out call each other bad names, or have any kind of such asumtions that we bully or push one another, because it does not belong in here, That is not what and why this mod was created for. It was created because one and many others had/have a vision together to create something extra, that many have followed into the same fotsteps since early start of the first DM when it got released. We may ask and we may figure and we may advice and honestly try to find out real bugs or AI miss behaving of this release, to find out if it really is a Vanilla bug or if itīs due to mod tweak. And do a dubble check on such things with valued good reable information and report it to Darth, to give him the best and correct rigthful view for a hot fix the day he comes back here on TWC and hopply correct heīs relesed version so that it will be played out the way he wanted it to work in the first way of heīs vision and hard free dedicated time and work. That is atleast what i think and believe in, and the atleast what i can support with and help up, and personly thank you for all the goodies and joyness i have had to see what he and others from the Darth Projected together have created.

Sorry for a long post and spellings, itīs not my native languages. And no offense by any words are to meant or to harm anyone. If anyone feels being threated wrong by me. State yours queastions and tell me in a PM i would humble answer on every one of them to create a better communication betwin us.

Take care for now and be well

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by bad_paladin View Post
    Hi all, I haven't had a chance to test everything else yet, because I have one serious problem that needs immediate attention.

This mod more than doubles my unit support costs. I was playing a RoTS campaign, and went from a profit of over 1000, to a loss of almost 5000! This also happened with the previous version of the mod, and I'm not sure if it is intentional or not.

I started a new campaign and it's still the same - unit support costs are at least double.

I checked out the other included mods, I scanned the change log, and I couldn't find any mention of it, so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Is this normal? Anyone else with the same problem?
    chao buoi som

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Also; I have the Bayonet boost enabled, and bayonets are indeed present on the rifles when I zoom in, but the units don't have an anti-cavalry bonus attack. Are they just for show, or is the "bonus" just a boost to their melee attack?

Also, I see that Black Bear infantry are available in custom battles, but only Black Bears, and nowhere present in the campaign.
    Hmm thats intressting, i have seen bears in the past, dunno wish builds em tho. If this is correct, the wonder why some of em been removed, if itīs really true or due to a bug!? That reminds answers tho and further investigation i believe. Good report.

Speaking about the Bayonet mod, there was pretty plenty debate about it Andarius in the past when this guy who created the mod. Weather if bayonet enabled gain a cav defense bonus or not, because many players were also confused as you. Now my answers are simple, i bloody cant remember it lol. I may maybe be wrong if i put it this way, if i dont mix it up with another issiue? Is that... The cav bonus is there with em but you cannot see it on the unit state, but i dont know if that was with or off with the bayonet mod? Or if that was also spoken out at the same time with the square formation bonus. Iīm a little bet in confused with my self to be honest. But i do believe you may find the thread by search option or the creator nickname whom mad the bayonet and ask him in a PM

I mean wasnt it said in the CAīs forum even and here, when the modern infanteri was left out the bayonet model, due to not having extra time at CAīs work time schedule? But that they have Cav defense bonus vs horse units, even so they draw out there words. Wasnt it something like that Andarius? If so then with Bayonets set on they are then maybe having the Cav bonus allready enabled?

Iīm pretty sure you will find the answers pretty quick in search

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=