Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Talking about exploiting the AI as a Darth Mod problem is kind of silly. That has nothing to do with any mod. If you don't want to experience the exploit, don't use it!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

My god guys serously..., like you cant do this in vanilla or in other kind of games and use an explote vs the AI!? :-|

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Talking about exploiting the AI as a Darth Mod problem is kind of silly. That has nothing to do with any mod. If you don't want to experience the exploit, don't use it!
    That is what i wanted to say out in cleaner English, Cheers McCarron.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

I turned everthing off, even DarthMod effect and left bayonets and bigger deployment sone on along with 1,5x unit and havent have a single crash between turn 60 and 180 but god, its very easy
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 08, 2013 at 02:17 AM.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Regarding crashes, i haven't experienced any in the last 2 months in Shogun with Darthmod.

Aside from the hardware tips already given in the thread (cooling, limit fps etc) i recommend to stick to the Darth effects and not BSM. For reasons i can't identify, on my system, BSM is causing crashes after zooming and a big smoke cloud or big explosion. That's the only case where the game engine performance goes bad on my side.

i see the same effect in darthmod empire, from bsm or bsm light, so i play without it. It is strange because otherwise i can out all options on max for most of them.

Try to check what options is giving you hardware issues, that s rather long but it is important to understand how the options affect your gaming performance.

For difficulty, FotS campaign are easier than Sengoku Jidai or RotS by a large amount in my experience. I play FotS in very hard and it s fairly challenging.

what clan do you play in FotS ?
    Last edited by le_fred; April 08, 2013 at 01:53 AM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Well, my computer should not be a bottleneck (13500 points in 3dmark11 which is more then most stationary computers).

Anyway, BMS seems to cause most crashes during costal bombardment in battles, alot of smoke as you say.

Regarding diffculty, I play with satsuma on VH and realistisk battleview (I like having the opertunity to save/reload so no Legendary on me). I used these settings on both on Radious and DMS. With Radious, it really was hard because they were attacking you on land strategic as well as sea raid and were VERY agressive. The first 50 turns (before my keyboard stopped working in this save) took longer then my 180 turn DMS campaign, its first now when everyone declar war at you it starts go get interesseing, before this....just a walk in the park (two times in a row now)

With DMS the enemy seems to go crazy with trade raids and costal bombardment (I hate that one corvette class ship can cause so much hassle, x20 units like this are attacking you over and over and over and over again). You spend much time haseing around attacking and repairing. In DMS I think the enemy dont have to much focus on land-base-army, its really hard leveling your generals due to this as land battles are very uncommon, can go turns and turns without getting attacked. When you try and attack them, the retreates and out of reach for your amry due to movement points (Damn Eye for the Ladies trait on every character I have)

I think was much better in Radious IMO, and I like the leveling better I Radious.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 09, 2013 at 05:25 AM.

I don't want to debate whether radious or dms, it is not really the point of the thread, they both have different features for a reason.

i am not sure to understand the mention to your keyboard, but i remember my campaing with Satsuma was easy because everyone around you is pro imperial, you are on an island and the invading armies are sent to the bottom of the sea after sea battles.

satsuma is the easiest clan to play with, a bit like shimazu in sengoku jidai game.
    Maybe you should try another clan ?
    Since you suffer fewer crashes, that's the sole advice i can give you now.

good luck !
    Last edited by le_fred; April 08, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

I know satsuma is a easy clan to start with, just telling that the satsuma was much harder on Radious mod then on DMS :-)

Its about how the army react, how they move their units on the Campaign map. Satsuma is only easy in the begining BUT that shouldnt matter after 50-60 turns, its only the initial part which is easy.

Anyway, problem with keyboard was that I couldnt use W,S, A and D didnt work after turn 50, at turn 51 I cant use it on the campaign map and the battlemap, cant use the mouse to move either, just use the minimap to move the view. Reloaded turn 50 and everything was good :-)

Anyway, dont know if Darth is gonna update anymore but these are just my feedback.

*Double post*
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 08, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

... I just realized now that all the Bear infantry are missing from the campaign. Why?

I've seen mentioned here that the navies going to border bug is a vanilla bug. I've never experienced this before i played darthmod. Can anyone confirm this besides Kera? Is anyone experiencing this in vanilla or radious mod ect. ? I did a search and can't seem to find and refrence to it besides darthmod. I'd like to avoid starting a vanilla campaign over since i've restarted a campaign with every release darth makes because he says it's fixed but...

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    ... I just realized now that all the Bear infantry are missing from the campaign. Why?
    Hmm No idea, are you pretty dubble sure checked. Not even existing in custom clan battles? Can any clan create them if they own that specific province and tech or itīs only that special clan in particle whom can create those diff Bear units? I have probly only owned such units in one timer Campaign. So i have not so much knowlegde about Bear units sorry.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by skullpile View Post
    I've seen mentioned here that the navies going to border bug is a vanilla bug. I've never experienced this before i played darthmod. Can anyone confirm this besides Kera? Is anyone experiencing this in vanilla or radious mod ect. ? I did a search and can't seem to find and refrence to it besides darthmod. I'd like to avoid starting a vanilla campaign over since i've restarted a campaign with every release darth makes because he says it's fixed but...
    Hi there, I have seen it but rarly, But the reports and SS have been seen and said by players on CAīs forum as well. And that the navy units AI on defense are not moving either in Shogun 2 or FOTS. U have to sail over there and get into range to gain there reaction.

Darth have told us that due to the turn and speed changes and (maybe other changes) " I dont know " i just asume.. That its why it does happen, But also due to the Shogun 2 maps are much smaller then Empire and Napoleon sea 3D fights. Please do not ask me in exact of were to find those threads or words lol because iīm a horrible forum noober And why the AI react and behave like that in vanilla or moded versions... I really dont know, even so there as been some kind of explanations in the past...

I wish for my own, i would loved to understand in a deeper way just before a such AI bug react acure in a sea battle, As it happens randomly, Is that due to a close coast sea small map or out on the sea that seems to be much bigger?, The player always start the battle in the middle and as the ships come in range they sail past each other or nudge each other, weather itīs Shogun or FOTS.. And almost sail away or rowing in a strigth line out to the egde of the map.

It might turn a little bet left and right away from the range and danger but later on those egde ship stackers just sails away in a nice stright line? Before i thought it happend more due to reforcment, or due to panic moral. Or it needs more space for itīs turn?

There are no reforcment coming, nor moral drop or short on space for em to create a U turn and to get back to the fight, they have plenty of space to do that 2 times over.

I just wished to know in a deeper answer of how and why this is happening Even so i personly have read them before. More wider and greater view of answers of why it really happens and why it does not happen at all at some points? This for me is a curious and personaly exciting thing for me to know

Sorry if my post is long and wierd, havent sleept for two days.

EDIT: I find some of vanilla issius about SEA BATTLES, a little bet of mix from others in there game play. http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...aval-AI-broken

BR AN.
    Last edited by KERA_AK; April 09, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Kera i just read the thread and posted in it. Im shocked.. I understand A modder having dificulties with something like this but a company like CA i bought the game from? Im actually getting pretty angry about it. poor Darth trying to fix it...

Oh and thanks for the link Kera i apreciate it.

oh, and it was a little long and a little weird but i wouldn't worry about it.

oddly in the general shogun 2 forums people talk about their campaigns and even "most epic naval battles" with no mention of it. I'm going to have to test this now. Who knows maybe every person that posted in that thread uses Darhtmod. It is pretty popular. I will let you know what i find out. probably in a couple of days.

sorry for multiple posts, I don't see an edit button.

Seriously, what the **** happened with the Bear infantry? This combined with the ****ed up Shrapnel Artillery makes me not want to use this mod for future Fall of the Samurai campaigns.

Thats wrong with the artillery?

When you assume direct control and switch to Shrapnel shot, the angle of the cannon completely changes. Given that it only lasts for like 3 shots, this renders using it in first person completely useless since you have to use trial and error to aim properly, and if you've already established a good firing arc with regular shot, you have to find a completely new one with the shrapnel.

Even if you do, for some reason the shrapnel shot never detonates; the ball sticks to the ground like a glitch, making no impact and just sticking there, with no explosion or damage dealt

Ahh, seen that also but never thought it as an enoying bug :-) Bigger problem that thr AI dont seem to develope their settlement, at turn 200 all the settlements are still citys and many havent upgraded to military port....