Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

I played Radious MOD for 50 turns yesterday and found it very very hard on VH but the game crashed at turn 50 (movement with the keyboard stopped working on the campaign and battlemap) so that was ****.

Anyway, I have started a new DMS without economic boost now and will see if that works better.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

It will work better, The economy or any kind of wierd boosting destroying the whole game up, The only thing that needs is bayonet in FOTS (historical) And the booster for larger battle deployment, This two wont destroy the game play in any kind of ways, it will increase some kind of more joyness if i may say it so So STAY AWAY FROM THE OTHER CHEATS or whatever ppl want to call em

GOOD LUCK!!!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

It will work better, The economy or any kind of wierd boosting destroying the whole game up, The only thing that needs is bayonet in FOTS (historical) And the booster for larger battle deployment, This two wont destroy the game play in any kind of ways, it will increase some kind of more joyness if i may say it so So STAY AWAY FROM THE OTHER CHEATS or whatever ppl want to call em

GOOD LUCK!!!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

The issue I am having is that the AI will only build trade ships and kobayas (Shogun 2). Other than that I wish the AI used more Ashigaru than Samurai in their armies. Love the mod anyways!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

I have been playing ROTS and vanilla campaign. So far I haven't noticed any other problem except the one when attacking enemy navy the enemy ships stay absolutely still or cruise away to the edge of the map. When they float still it's easy to align all my own boats to one side of them and fire away to sink them one by one as the other enemy ships are out of range. And sometimes, for example when enemy ships come to the battle map as reinforcements, they sail first towards you but then just continue to row away to get stuck at the edge of map until I come and take them out as well. This is very annoying in the sense that auto-resolve may favor quite a lot the AI.

ROTS bows still sound like guns

"Delete"
    Last edited by KERA_AK; April 05, 2013 at 11:53 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

"Delete"
    Last edited by KERA_AK; April 05, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebum View Post
    I have been playing ROTS and vanilla campaign. So far I haven't noticed any other problem except the one when attacking enemy navy the enemy ships stay absolutely still or cruise away to the edge of the map. When they float still it's easy to align all my own boats to one side of them and fire away to sink them one by one as the other enemy ships are out of range. And sometimes, for example when enemy ships come to the battle map as reinforcements, they sail first towards you but then just continue to row away to get stuck at the edge of map until I come and take them out as well. This is very annoying in the sense that auto-resolve may favor quite a lot the AI.
    Yes exactly it´s in the vanilla as well, they even speak about it in the official CA´s forum... But didnt followed the thread so i dunno what the outcome will be out of it. I just concidering the FOTS and Shogun 2 boats Attacker or defender and the mechanic of the boats and units on em are bugged. I have also adressed several times that when attacking in FOTS on a Coustal cannon battery 3D battle that my ships FIRE AT WILL are getting there shells explode up in the air, it looks like a heaven AA carpet vs Airplanes lol

I havent heard from no one why it happens or how to fix it or how to go around it? The only solutions are to manually fire your ship on the coustal batteries or destroy there ship at the harbor as it stands still there.. and you have won the sea 3D battle... 0__o

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Having some random ass crashes during battles. Some battles will play out fine no crashes, others will crash mid-way through. Then Ill load, play the same exact battle, and it wont crash. Anyone got any ideas?

Groovy

We all get them

Been playing it for 30 min now and I already got 3 battle crashed... annoying? Yes

The game crashed with BSM turned on....

Okey, it happens fewer times if I have BSM turned off, but it still happens. Around 9-10 times until now for around 2 hours of playing. Never happend when I played with Radious mod..
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 06, 2013 at 09:08 AM.

Okey, I give this mod up. It crashed on to many important battles that the fun just goes away. Spending one hour fighting a battle which is almost impossible to win, then you get an error just before you win it....

Lito's Avatar Civis

Why doesn't it crash for me? What are you doing?

Hmmmm.. The crash in Total War games is a very common and normal thing, but it crashes after some long time playing it, even other games crash. If users/players gain some few hours and it crash thats pretty ok value.

Now what can cause it, maybe some mods i have no idea? But could be possible i seen it in the past + in other games. To be 100% because i really dont have such knowlegde due to am not modder.

Some ppl sometimes dont know that turnin on or off the sync in options could be a very well good idea to do so. Incase your card is over working it self and heats up and then crash. Sync can limit your FPS so it wont work so hard as long u gain above 30 fps u wont lag much. If u dont sync it and maybe CA´s engine dont have a fps limiter on default and doing over 100fps or more the graphic card will think that it will need to produce so many frames at all time. I might be wrong again am not so good on this tho

Other things are bad fans not cooling the CPU or the card good enough will produce a crash after a while. There could be internal hardware damage even so other games are working. A such little thing like your Ram could been damage and produce a crash, as happend for me in the past. Heat temp can be checked and so on with a ram test.

Crashes can be produced due to wierd drivers as sound or graphic drivers or even programs. There are so many diff calculations that can be produced with CA´s and Darthmod that it can take hours and day to figure things out on your own hardware.

I have only had 3 crashes but that after some hours of game play and mainly in 3D battles with 1000 apon 1000 of soldiers. And i do believe it´s on my new card, or just a simple CA bug.. maybe memory leak? Not blaming anyone here or so... I just trying to figure out things what causes the crashes thats all

So for me to be honest i do believe that your crashes in the way you discribing it Sandra is more over your end then the mod version as i very rarly getting crashes with CA vanilla or Darthmod versions. Only if a battle took over one hour and such thing it happens rarly and randomly.

But i leave this theories and thoughts to the pro and modders here and to Darth to look into this things what the crashes might be and such " No offense personal "

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

1) Multiple units of AI spear ashigaru chasing one light infantry all over the battle map - until they are exhausted and easy pickings
    2) AI ships spreading towards the battle map edge, just sitting there and waiting to be taken

I see a big project like this one has many tasks to be worked out, but no offense, the battle AI has been made anything but smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by alb22 View Post
    1) Multiple units of AI spear ashigaru chasing one light infantry all over the battle map - until they are exhausted and easy pickings
    2) AI ships spreading towards the battle map edge, just sitting there and waiting to be taken

I see a big project like this one has many tasks to be worked out, but no offense, the battle AI has been made anything but smarter.
    Yes, I can take 1 cav unit and essentially lure all of the enemies spear units out of the battle. This has been an issue on DMS for some time now. I purposely try not to exploit that too much, but I dislike playing with such limiters.

My god guys serously..., like you cant do this in vanilla or in other kind of games and use an explote vs the AI!? :-|

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=