Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Was that to me?

Anyway, I do see tendency that the enemy fleet (when I attack) that they start in a formation then run(sail) to the edge of the map. Anyone els?
    Yes that was to you, i guess he didnt understood what you meant? harrasment and Sabotage?

Itīs still in vanilla or either ways they are standing still if u are the attacker, Shogun 2 or in FOTS itīs the same, If u are attacker they wont attack you at all. This is something CA needs to fix but as they relese the Gold edition of Shogun 2 all expansion and someof the DLC. I dont think that they will relase a patch fix for this + the Nanban bug. I also believe in FOTS when u are attacking a coastal harbor defense with cannons. Your ships cant fire on em because the shells from your ships are shooting stright up in the sky And it looks like itīs some Anti Air gun ammo poffs lol

The only way to destroy the coustal defense cannons in harbors is to to do manual fire or to kill the enemy ship that stands in the inner harbor to win the sea battle.

Most of this new bugs came along with the patch when the Otoma DLC was released at the same time.. Thats atleast what i think my self personal.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

No, I mean that on the campaign map many of the enemy forces are just standing at the edge of the shore line at different location, one amry havent moved for 200 turnes.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Was that to me?Anyway, I do see tendency that the enemy fleet (when I attack) that they start in a formation then run(sail) to the edge of the map. Anyone els?
    I Have the same. AI don't do nothing at the beginning of battle. When you move closer some of ship start sailing / start fight, but the rest of ships (about half of AI ships) still don't do nothing. After some time of fighting with the (first moving) group, they start moving to the edge of the map.

Next about naval battles:
    - Auto resolve naval battles - too many ships are sunk, and you will never capture enemy ship. Like no boarding fights.
    - AI build to many trade ships and use then as normal warships.
    - AI build only the smallest ships with archers ( i don't remember exactly the name), no medium bone or other ships. I so only 2-3 ships with grenades. I pass 100 turns.

I found something else. This "penetrations of formation" during land battles is not good. It don't looking good. Sometimes I want watch the battles and when unit is charging and penetrate enemy formation all soldiers move in to one point (it look like all soldiers go in to a middle of his own formation). So they break they own formation, and start fighting in one circle, One soldier penetrate other - 3D model pass through other 3D soldier model. I will try to paint this for you.
    Sorry this is not a piece of art

1. One team is charging, one is defending. Arrows show the direction of soldiers move.
    2. Formation penetrate. Assault soldiers start moving in to the center of they own formation.
    3. Almost all soldiers are in one place. And start moving to their positions in formation.

This look awfully. After some battles i stop watching the soldiers fight. You can't see anything. Only a big sphere of soldiers.
    Is there any change to reduce this ability to penetrate of formations?? What i have to change in files to reduce this ??!!
    PLS. This is very annoying.

I play only with your mods in TW:EMPIRE or in Shogun 2. My last play was with DM4,3. I've played few campaign, I have a great time. But in my opinion this is the worst version of darthmod for shogun2. Sorry you make a great job but this version, makes me that I don't want finish my campaign, and I want try other big mods like trom3, true samurai or Radious Total War Mod.

Edit.
    -Archers in castle battles have bug in sound, and you hear a gun fire.
    Last edited by NiKuTa; April 02, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Hi all,

my 2 cents. It seems that VUS 1.3 corrupts the generals' silhouettes in the clan select menu.
    My 'on' list is: projectile, horo, JFC, Darth effects, ACC, Atmo, Bullgods, Noif, Furinkazan, bayonets and VUS.
    I'll try asap VUS effects in gameplay, as i think it's an awesome mod.
    <> If you think my english is bad, you never heard my japanese
    <> "Ama il prossimo tuo...NON QUESTO! IL PROSSIMO!"
    <> "Non bisogna prendere la vita troppo sul serio! Tanto non se ne esce vivi!!"
    <> "Saru mo ki kara ochiru"

Quote Originally Posted by KNavis View Post
    Hi all,

my 2 cents. It seems that VUS 1.3 corrupts the generals' silhouettes in the clan select menu.
    My 'on' list is: projectile, horo, JFC, Darth effects, ACC, Atmo, Bullgods, Noif, Furinkazan, bayonets and VUS.
    I'll try asap VUS effects in gameplay, as i think it's an awesome mod.

I've already mentioned this earlier. Someone suggested it was somehow my fault.

500 - Internal Server Error

After my 300 turn satsuma campaign (and 300 attempt to access the forum) I have the following to say.

CAI:-Many armies get stuck at the map, not moving anywhere. Some stands there for 20, 50, 100 and even 200 turns at the same location.
    -AI not aggressive at all IMO, they have the army to crush me but like above, they dont move army-Rarely/never attacks with many armies at once.
    -To many 1 boat army on the sea.
    -AI are very slow to develop their provinces, still in turn 300 none of the AI provinces couldnt build more then 4 buildings in their settlements.
    -AI armies ALWAYS runs away when you are attacking, even thought they have a MUCH bigger army then you. At the end, I needed to have assassin with me to sabote the enemy's army just to be able to fight battles. (PITA!!!!)
    -AI never attacker when they are sieging or when you are sieging.

BAI Naval.
    -The battles are good when it first starts but I have seen that the enemy boat flees to the edge of the map.
    -Other than that, I like the naval battles, never see any gunboats which is very good

BAI
    -Cavalry tends to flank which is good but sometimes they just charge the front
    -Enemy units dont use kneel fire
    -Besides that, I like it.

But, it was just at turn 180 when the remaining clans declared war on me the game got good, before that they were never attacking me so I could just siege settlements by settlements.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 03, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

My and my friend have both been experiencing crashes during battles. Usually about 50% of the battles we fight, in co-op, single player or even custom battles will crash at any random time with no error message, all we get is "Shogun 2 has stopped responding".

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicKilla View Post
    My and my friend have both been experiencing crashes during battles. Usually about 50% of the battles we fight, in co-op, single player or even custom battles will crash at any random time with no error message, all we get is "Shogun 2 has stopped responding".
    Same here, not as much as 50% but still some crashed....but I think that is a vanilla problem, maybe?

After my 300 turn satsuma campaign (and 300 attempt to access the forum) I have the following to say.

CAI:-Many armies get stuck at the map, not moving anywhere. Some stands there for 20, 50, 100 and even 200 turns at the same location.
    -AI not aggressive at all IMO, they have the army to crush me but like above, they dont move army-Rarely/never attacks with many armies at once.
    -To many 1 boat army on the sea.-AI are very slow to develop their provinces, still in turn 300 none of the AI provinces couldnt build more then 4 buildings in their settlements.
    -AI armies ALWAYS runs away when you are attacking, even thought they have a MUCH bigger army then you. At the end, I needed to have assassin with me to sabote the enemy's army just to be able to fight battles. (PITA!!!!)
    -AI never attacker when they are sieging or when you are sieging.

BAI Naval.
    -The battles are good when it first starts but I have seen that the enemy boat flees to the edge of the map.
    -Other than that, I like the naval battles, never see any gunboats which is very good

BAI
    -Cavalry tends to flank which is good but sometimes they just charge the front
    -Enemy units dont use kneel fire
    -Besides that, I like it.

But, it was just at turn 180 when the remaining clans declared war on me the game got good, before that they were never attacking me so I could just siege settlements by settlements.
    Hey Sandra

I dare to say that "nothing" on the above that you writing up does happen in my diff campaigns, expect the boats in sea battles do stuck on the Egde sometimes and the Nanbanship and soldiers on the ship have the LOS BUG, but all this is a vanilla bug and need patches, but i dont think CA will patch Shogun 2 anymore, but we can always hope.

Iīm shocked how your stories goes in your campaign lol never seen anything of this, I see stronger and teched up units, even above mine. Mixed up unit armies of all kinds, They got Armor, Meele, Charge, Moral all that can be teched up. Some Clans have even greater units then me, i havent come to that devolupment yet, but AI has.

AI is using kneel fire i have seen it my self.

I have only rechived 4 or 5 crashed, as i remember it my self it have been rarly, it can be a vanilla crash but every well the mod, Submods have been reported to not work all together with each other, photos and explanations have been added by users about this issiue.

AI never runs from me with mighty armies, never heard anything of this wierd things acting that you writing up Sandra lol I would have loved to see it my self, " No am not saying that you are lieing not at all " Just in my own view this is realy crazy and it makes me really sad that your campaign outcome become so incredible poor and boring!?

My game play goes as itīs being expected to be play out in the first way, AI even asking me for PEACE or to be come Allias, i even counter in diplomaty for such things to do a trade embargo or quite Allias with my enemies and instead join me vs other enemies, They have accpted such offers, And this is done even with out any kind of money. I dont have to deliver any kind of 10.000 or 50.000 I dont even make so much cash like ppl say thats almost impossible for me as i have a huge fleet and 3 Armies right now.

I assume that you ppl who are writing up such wierd AI bolloxia maybe are using some kind of money bost or else? And dif AI higher then the " Hard AI difficulty " ?

Sandra could you give me any kind of information of what kind of Start Luncher options u have selected for your campaign and then ingame what kind of AI difficulty you have picked and wish Clan you are playing with? I would loved to really see this wierd AI acthing and amazing handicaps Just please give me all the correct information this time, i asked this before but never rechived it from you.

And i will do a honest test and see if i can get the same poor result as you have had in your Campaign

Ohhh and the forum ERRORS, that is something needs to be said to the owner of this board. Itīs annyoing and as many masses reported before i can asume, I hope they can still fix it. PPL are getting tired by not being aviable to join in and write or to copy past and hit on the refresh button 10-20 times, I really hope ppl " WonT " leave this awesome amazing Forum due to this, i hope they fix this if they can

PS. your English as improved since last time Sandra, amazing =^.^=

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Haha, are you mocking my English? I never do mistakes!

Anyway, I have just removed darthmod completely, and did a integrity test on shogun 2 (no problem, woho) and gonna give it a new shot. I actually wanted to try Radious mod out BUT, since you haven't seen any of the problems I have seen, I will give it a final shot. Gonna post my start lancher options soon BUT I'm not gonna play on anything lower then very hard...
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 03, 2013 at 11:59 AM.

Haha, are you mocking my English? I never do mistakes!

Anyway, I have just removed darthmod completely, and did a integrity test on shogun 2 (no problem, woho) and gonna give it a new shot. I actually wanted to try Radious mod out BUT, since you haven't seen any of the problems I have seen, I will give it a final shot. Gonna post my start lancher options soon BUT I'm not gonna play on anything lower then very hard...
    Me mocking!? Nooo noot at all ladies and Gentleman, absolute not! But tell me what does this mean "harrad eller sabotahe almosy" ?

Sure great that you dare to pick up another test and challange, you may try on Very hard, that will boost up the units moral and such harder and there cash, Thats why i always play on " HARD " atelast try it for once, if u dont like it then go up on " Very Hard " Just for the purposes to see how the AI acting and what it builds and such.

If thats the AI lvl difficulty that you are using always in your campaigns, i will note that thing in my testings to play in the exact same settings you do and the exact same clan as well. To replicate the same behavors that you are discribing in your post and see it with my own eyes But then in return you shall test out my settings and the clan i play to see if u get the same outcome awesome game play as mine campaign, DEAL Or perhaps you dont dare and running away, all females does that eventuelly =^.^=

The main purpose with this test and idea Sandra is to really investigate why this is happening to and to you and everyone else, I love personaly to investigate such things and if i can make a change by writing up were and why those errors appers i will do that here as good as i can, and hoply Darth can fix it once he return back and have time to do so

Iīm Awaiting the BUG CHALLANGE! The Diceīs are spinning on...

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Very Hard on DMS = Somewhere between normal and hard on vanilla

Annoying nooblets complained because they believed that very hard equates to everyone should be able to win and basically ruined DMS for me. I give up! Time to move to a different game.....

Hello friends,

I know that in the DMShogun , bowmen stops firing arrows when they calculate a possible friendly fire. It's part of the things that makes battlefield more realistic. Very clever.

But ( any of you if suffers from the same issue they ll understand me better i hope ) they are also stopping fire when they are in a very likely position to hurt the enemy... They are not firing to other opportune enemies. Whenever the target they were once fired at begins a face to face combat with my units they stop. And they are not firing to other enemy unit that can easily damaged.
    On the ther hand , as this was not enough , on the unit card they seem like firing , you know there is a bow symbol. But when i zoom , i only see archers who holds their bows taut , not firing.

Because of this , in the battlefield , whenever i do a battle , i have to 'pause' the game or take it to slow motion , 'check' which bowman units aren't firing , 'calculate' which enemy units are likely to shoot without my archers waits like sculpture , then 'make them fire' to them one by one , then contuniue battle.
    Also , because of units has to fight and kill , i have to do it more than 1 time.

!!!

I can uninstall the DM because of this , i played ETW , NTW , M2TW .. But never never paused game during the battle. It makes me feel i am playing a game. What about making the game realistic , am i wrong ?
    1-it slows down game a lot. Not nicely , it makes me stop.

2-Also , it keeps me from doing some of my own tactics...
    Maybe i am a sadist who likes watching his own men diying,
    Or i am thinking like Genghis Khan occasionally , and using some of my troops as ''suicide attacker'' in order to delay their best units and give them very critical damage , even if it means my own men die.

I want to change this , can anyone help me do it ?
    Or anyone feels the way i do, supports me to reach the word to the producers ?

Thanks you all , my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    Very Hard on DMS = Somewhere between normal and hard on vanilla

Annoying nooblets complained because they believed that very hard equates to everyone should be able to win and basically ruined DMS for me. I give up! Time to move to a different game.....
    Hi Lichen

I didnt understod anything you wrote up here? hmmm...

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Default DarthMod Crashes

Hi Darth, I'm having a critical issue with this mod. I already posted this on ModDb page but I'm not sure if you are active there, so I created an account here to ask for help. The issue is that my game crashes with DarthMod and the hotfix installed. The only way I have found to resolve this is to remove the "mod darthmod_shogun.pack;" line in the user script txt file. Is this the right way to fix it? Will it affect the mod anyhow?

Default Re: DarthMod Crashes

In addition to that, the DMS_BullGod.pack file also gives me crashes.

As far as I know, it is not VUS 1.3 which is causing the issue, it is Bullgod's mod. It is in the list of known issues on his mod page.

Now my feedback :
    I've started two campaigns on hard difficulty : one with the Tokugawa, and the other with the Otomo. I abandoned both of them because around the turn 20-25, many clans declare war against me. It wouldn't have been much of an issue if they were in close proximity to me, or if I attacked one of their allies (or even trade partners), but this isn't the case.

In my Tokugawa campaign, around turn 20, the Imagawa declared war against me, and soon after, were joined by their Hojo and Takeda allies (I'm not complaining about these wars). The problem is that it seems to cause some kind of chain reaction : the Date, the Chosokabe, the Shimazu as well as two minor clans all declare war against me, even though none of these clans had an alliance or trade partnership with the Imagawa, Hojo, and Takeda clans.

In the Otomo campaign,when you start, you're already at war with two clans : the Shoni and the Ouchi. At turn 22, I've dealt with one of them (the one who was on "my" island) and I'm close to unifying the island that I start on (forgot the name) : the only clans left are the Shimazu, and the Ito. I'm still at war with the clan on the mainland.
    The Chosokabe then decide to declare against me (this I understand). However, other clans then declared war : The Hojo, the Mori, and one minor clan. I didn't continue since I felt that, like with my Tokugawa campaign, other clans would declare war too.

I know this issue has been reported, (there's even a thread about it), I'm just adding my voice to it.

Sorry for the double post, can't find the edit button.
    I'd just like to clarify : the first statement
    As far as I know, it is not VUS 1.3 which is causing the issue, it is Bullgod's mod. It is in the list of known issues on his mod page.
    is a reply to KNavis and AndariusHaliusScipio.

@SandraDevilGirl
    I don't experience the same things as you do on my new campaigns, that's weird. I play on VH/H with no economic boosts.
    Did you try with another clan as the Shimazu ? My experience with them is once you have conquered Kyushu and are at peace with other clans, you can turtle forever before something happens (or before you reach Realm Divide). I love the clan but the campaigns are often very straight forward and easy due to their position (one of the best economies, trade nodes, great troops, isolation)

@Feoras
    It has happened to me too with my Uesugi campaigns but I suspect this is due to the clans you play. Both Tokugawa and Otomo are rather difficult clans to play with, especially in diplomacy. Same as Uesugi or Ikko Ikki, many potential enemies surrounding you. Once you are at war, your reputation (already low with Otomo as a Christian) plummets and most clans will turn on you. The solution i found is to carefully ally / pay potential enemies before it happens (and you know it will happen anyway).

In your game with Tokugawa for example, before everyone declares war with you, who are you allied with ? Any marriage or good reputation with a key clan ? It is doable quite frankly once you have a good and strong ally. Choose one next to your provinces, even if you have to betray him later.

With Otomo, i think the Shoni are a pain. I usually ally with their closest strong neighbor (for example Mori) in order to sandwich them when the time is right. Most of my cash is used on controlling diplomacy in my Otomo campaigns.
    Last edited by le_fred; April 04, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !