Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Rinsui's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

@Kera_AK I *think* First off: unit positioning in ships in general seem to be buggy beyond belief; and I think that not Darth is responsible for this. For example, have you ever watched the men in a larger ship (like O-Ataka) positioning? Sometimes they will not shoot more than 10 arrows, because even though their target is to the left, they all cling to the right wall (because their former target was to the right). I may have found a workaround that works at least in some cases: Do not order any of your ships to attack an individual target. Simply let them fire at will; as long as you don't order them to move to one side or the other, they mostly fire quite fine. For example, even the cannon bune fires all four cannons on both sides *if you do not designate a target manually*. As a roleplayer, I always tell me "Hey, those guys are complete morons to fire cannons from a wooden box covered in straw. Do not give them any orders, or they will panick and completely **** up."... ^.^

Well, i tried at least 10 times, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, deactivating options one by one....
    Nothing works.
    I guess i'll have to keep the previous version or don't use darthmod...

Uncertain if it's already been reported, but it appears the VUS is incompatible with the Bullgod mod that involves Tercios and accurate Daimyo pictures. Put together, half of the Daimyos on the starting campaign thing have very clearly ****ed up colors, and mis-placed images, so some fabric of their clothing is stretched out over their face etc

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Do you mean this? It's intended
    No I do not mean that as that is a picture if the diamyo, I mean the picture is the picture of the bodygaurd unit you get in MP or a custom battle

Do you mean this? It's intended
    Ohh Hi Vennonetes Nice unit card i have never seen that unit card in my whole life hehe,, In my Otoma unit card i only see a General on a horse and in 3D land battles the General unit card is all white 100%

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by Rinsui View Post
    @Kera_AK I *think* First off: unit positioning in ships in general seem to be buggy beyond belief; and I think that not Darth is responsible for this. For example, have you ever watched the men in a larger ship (like O-Ataka) positioning? Sometimes they will not shoot more than 10 arrows, because even though their target is to the left, they all cling to the right wall (because their former target was to the right). I may have found a workaround that works at least in some cases: Do not order any of your ships to attack an individual target. Simply let them fire at will; as long as you don't order them to move to one side or the other, they mostly fire quite fine. For example, even the cannon bune fires all four cannons on both sides *if you do not designate a target manually*. As a roleplayer, I always tell me "Hey, those guys are complete morons to fire cannons from a wooden box covered in straw. Do not give them any orders, or they will panick and completely **** up."... ^.^
    Hehe... Yes i do agree with you that itīs not a mod change behind the sea units miss behavor in wierdo ways First during the many betaīs Darth released i was struggling to figure out what causes the Nanban cannon problem and unit fire positions, At first i thought maybe itīs due to some mod changes, But the more Beta versions were relesed by Darth those wierd bugs behavors was still there. So i trhow of my swimming suit on the ground pulled on the frog feets and started to swim across Atlantic and Caribian all the way to panama river, even tho it didnt existed yet.. But i came trough it and i saw the pacific ocean before my eyes. Started up the vanilla of Shogun 2 and did a fully test with the Nanban and a few other ships.. As the sea battle started and were going to investigate the Nanban ship at close eye sight on the loading crew... i was SHOCKED lol I totaly forgot how fast those boats turned and MOTOR ENGINE SPEEDIED in the calm waters.. I was laughing my butt off x)

Anyway story a side, ^^ The vanillla play as the exact same bugs, I do believe if iīm not wrong personal that CAīs latest patch with the Otoma DLC when it came out that they really delivered up some bugs in the process

I remember another funny thing. When the Otoma DLC came out and the CA patch got installed on my PC, that Darthmod Shogun 2 version at that time wasnt ofc compatible as CA changed something, nothing new ofc it happend before, but my point is of what i saw at that time on the Nanban ship and the arrow mini boats behavor was total catastrof, The Nanban muskets soldiers were to 99% Not really functional as they should.. at max u just saw 1-3 soldiers shooting or not at all.. Hundred of those musket units and swords man was spinning glitching into each other on diff places and at 2 other places on mid ship section there was a trail race glitch.. looked like the old classic snake game That was one of the sickest thing i saw, Once Darth fixed that issiue the Nanban and other ships started to act a little bet way better...

In the end today of all the Betaīs and testings that as been done, Itīs working much better then how it was from the start. More muskets are shooting the Nanban fire 3 or 4 cannons at Maxium out of 5 on the sides I do believe at some point i have seen them fire 5 cannons the way it should function from the past before the bug patch, if i may call it so But this is when the Nanban Crew are below 300 soldiers and that the crew canon loaders are intact and not still glitch bugged. The units still bugs a bet the way as you described i know this It seems " I dont know " but like if they traid to implement some kind of LOS system that really didnt work out as intended or just maybe an un lucky wierd bug that shouldnt really be there at all... I really dont know but i would loved to get more true facts instead of flooting theories ^.^

Atleast iīm happy personal and truly greatful that Darthy fixed it to the closes functionel behavor of the boats and units on the ships of how it was in the past, before that last wicked huge CA patch that came along with the Otoma clan DLC

At this point i dont know what more can be done or fixed or a work around, But your idea and a bet of role playing fantasy positive use isnt a bad idea at all

My advice is to try to come in range and always watch for smoke or fire trails beems of how many are fire, turn direction check the in range circles.. use the boarding icon and such... And they do for me trying to act and release the most fire mass as they can, even so some of the soldiers behind do not fire Cuz they dont wont to shoot heīs friend in the head i guess " Kidding "

Sorry for a long wierd post iīm toxicated due to being extremly tired and yet havent gone to bed, should remind my self to not write posts on the forum at 6 on the morning -.-

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Yesterday I passed 120 turns on have a few things to mention.

-AI spawns 90% levi units and gunboats even after turn 100, like they dont resource or something.
    -AI hardly have any sea raid on my town/ports. They like to raid trade routs but thats it.
    -AI charge with their general all the time, they do flank so no kamikaze but dont matter when they charge first with the main army miles away.
    -Many AI armys are stuck on the campaign map, just stands there and do nothing (even if Im at war with them and they are on my territory just just next to my town.)
    -Its very easy, playing on VH and have no problem talking half the map, havent lost ONE settlement. Meeting minimum resistance, if I do meet any...the army is full of LEVI units.
    -Never understood naval battles so just autosolve here so cant say much here. But Im meeting 90% gunboats, thats maybe a issue?
    -Many say that the AI declare war without reason, only happened 2 times in my 120 turns campaign.
    -Many say that no one wants to trade with you, I had NO problem having full trade during 120 turns. Ofcourse some gets broken but then its just to create a new one.

EDIT: The reason why it might be too easy is that I'm using economic boost and maybe the AI just cant handle the extra money on a efficient way (other than spending it on gunboats and levi)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 26, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    I love your mods but i see something wrong in diplomacy and AI behavior on campaign map.

Diplo.
    1. I'm playing as Tokugawa. I'm a vassal of Oda. I can't do nothing, Can't make wars, or most of diplomacy options. I can't even make war with enemies of my "master".
    2. When I play as other nation (even Tokugawa), I never see from my ally any ask for help to fight against his enemies. When my ally have problem he should ask me for help. In other mods I see saw sometimes this ask. In DM never.

Campaign map.
    1.AI overtax his provinces.
    2.AI after taking enemy cities, leave this cities and go to other provinces. He should stay with his army for a while and reduce resistance against new master.
    3.Rebel armies after uprising are too small and too week. The cities without army can win against this rebel army (they have only ashigaru units), but they should have some better units. For example. If Province is able to build samurai with katana the rebel army should have few (1 or more) units of this type. I sow few rebels army and they have only ashigaru units.

Best NiKuTa.
    Ad.3 Nope. rebel army works OKI. I have a bad lack to see only ashigaru units in rebel army. for 2 days I see nice rebel army, even with a lots of good units. So is oki.

I found something else.
    1. Archers units sometimes stock, and they don't shoot. I sow that several times, and was able to kill AI archers units without any lose in my archer units. AI archers units have strung bow and don't want/can't release the arrow.
    2. naval battles still bugged . Nice work CA.

There's apparently a way to just activate the blood portion of the mod from super ghostboy's mod. anyone know how to install it and what part (1, 2 or 3) it is in? thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Yesterday I passed 120 turns on have a few things to mention.

-AI spawns 90% levi units and gunboats even after turn 100, like they dont resource or something.
    -AI hardly have any sea raid on my town/ports. They like to raid trade routs but thats it.
    -AI charge with their general all the time, they do flank so no kamikaze but dont matter when they charge first with the main army miles away.
    -Many AI armys are stuck on the campaign map, just stands there and do nothing (even if Im at war with them and they are on my territory just just next to my town.)
    -Its very easy, playing on VH and have no problem talking half the map, havent lost ONE settlement. Meeting minimum resistance, if I do meet any...the army is full of LEVI units.
    -Never understood naval battles so just autosolve here so cant say much here. But Im meeting 90% gunboats, thats maybe a issue?
    -Many say that the AI declare war without reason, only happened 2 times in my 120 turns campaign.
    -Many say that no one wants to trade with you, I had NO problem having full trade during 120 turns. Ofcourse some gets broken but then its just to create a new one.

EDIT: The reason why it might be too easy is that I'm using economic boost and maybe the AI just cant handle the extra money on a efficient way (other than spending it on gunboats and levi)
    Hi Sandra

Intressting info.. I play as Saga using Iron Cloads and pretty almost everything is reched up, just a few more tho.... I never play with any kind of BOST CHEATS! What is set on.. is the Bayonet and bigger Deployment thats it

And i play on HARD never lower never higher. In my Saga campaign i see AI build all kind of mixed sea units and lvl up the boats Bronze and Iron plates, Land battles all kind of mixed diff units appers, Chosckoaba i think they called? They leave there Island and shipping soldiers to the main land to help me on another frontline vs the Shogunite forces. And all the positive info you wrote up is also correct for me. But the unlucky campign of yours after so many turns and seeing AI miss behavior in a such huge propertation...however u spell it... Goes beyond my mind. Never seen that thing before lol Ahemmm.. am sad to hear this ofc

Tell me wish clan you play and your exact settings and i shall try to replicate those AI crazy behavor Atleast i will try, itīs not good if AI is doing this nonsens, itīs not fun at all and i think i need to check this wierdos up

Better luck in your next campaign Sandra, + try disable cheats and handicap bost, only use Bayonet bost and bigger deployment and play on Hard?! Not that i tell you to play like this, Noo nooo... Just to see if the AI change there way of thinkings If you have the time and energy ofc, Be well!

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    Ad.3 Nope. rebel army works OKI. I have a bad lack to see only ashigaru units in rebel army. for 2 days I see nice rebel army, even with a lots of good units. So is oki.

I found something else.
    1. Archers units sometimes stock, and they don't shoot. I sow that several times, and was able to kill AI archers units without any lose in my archer units. AI archers units have strung bow and don't want/can't release the arrow.
    2. naval battles still bugged . Nice work CA.
    Hi there

Yes true as much as u have discovered, even same wierdo behavor in vanilla, I would been mega suprised if any of there staff reading this thread, and that they investigated this them self how much actully they broken this sea units them self.

But there wont be another patch fix, I can be total wrong But that is just my own personal belives as there Roman 2 is coming out the corner soon.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

hello

all the soliders on the battle map are coloured only grey, this goes for my soliders and my enemies, they have no clan colours, on them, so if anyone could explain why is happening that would be helpful to me
    thanks

love the mod , i am actually getting my ass kicked by AI I played one battle and lined up my troops and moved them like i would against the old AI and then as i was micro-ing my melee troops out of no where a katana cav charges from the woods and destroys my back line of bow ashigauru, no mind you i did not see cav at beginning of match so i am assuming AI hid them in woods and snuck them through woods before ambushing my bowman which i have to say cost me the match but i loved the fact that they beat me that way i have never seen AI doo that before. all hail Darth

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by KERA_AK View Post
    Ohh Hi Vennonetes Nice unit card i have never seen that unit card in my whole life hehe,, In my Otoma unit card i only see a General on a horse and in 3D land battles the General unit card is all white 100%

BR AN.
    It's the Bulldog's unit card for his Otomo daimyo mod

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Does this mean I can't use Bullmod's with VUS?

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Does this mean I can't use Bullmod's with VUS?
    Of course =) VuS doesn't change the look of generals

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Uncertain if it's already been reported, but it appears the VUS is incompatible with the Bullgod mod that involves Tercios and accurate Daimyo pictures. Put together, half of the Daimyos on the starting campaign thing have very clearly ****ed up colors, and mis-placed images, so some fabric of their clothing is stretched out over their face etc

Shall I attach a screenshot?

Of course =) VuS doesn't change the look of generals
    Aha well then there might be some kind of wierd miss matching of the mods, Because i dont see those new unit card popups on my screen and the new color clan flags or a new Daymo as explained on top earlier on hehe I will try then instead to disable something and then re click the new mods and give it a go again test Cheers for answers, I be back.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

King Xiao's Avatar Senator

Im finding my campaigns go either two ways

1. I form alliances with my allegiance clans and we proceed to steamroll the absolute crap out of the map, economic and military wise.
    2. I don't do any diplomacy and everyone forms alliances against you, leading to stacks upon stacks of units coming at you.

Ive yet to find a decent campaign where the shogunate and imperial rivals are locked in a bitter struggle. Whatever i seem to do or not do, a steamroller effect ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by KERA_AK View Post
    Hi Sandra

Intressting info.. I play as Saga using Iron Cloads and pretty almost everything is reched up, just a few more tho.... I never play with any kind of BOST CHEATS! What is set on.. is the Bayonet and bigger Deployment thats it

And i play on HARD never lower never higher. In my Saga campaign i see AI build all kind of mixed sea units and lvl up the boats Bronze and Iron plates, Land battles all kind of mixed diff units appers, Chosckoaba i think they called? They leave there Island and shipping soldiers to the main land to help me on another frontline vs the Shogunite forces. And all the positive info you wrote up is also correct for me. But the unlucky campign of yours after so many turns and seeing AI miss behavior in a such huge propertation...however u spell it... Goes beyond my mind. Never seen that thing before lol Ahemmm.. am sad to hear this ofc

Tell me wish clan you play and your exact settings and i shall try to replicate those AI crazy behavor Atleast i will try, itīs not good if AI is doing this nonsens, itīs not fun at all and i think i need to check this wierdos up

Better luck in your next campaign Sandra, + try disable cheats and handicap bost, only use Bayonet bost and bigger deployment and play on Hard?! Not that i tell you to play like this, Noo nooo... Just to see if the AI change there way of thinkings If you have the time and energy ofc, Be well!

BR AN.
    I cant remember what I put on, anyway I think I will start over as it was just to easy, no resistance at all. I make around 60 000 a turn and that is with low tax level :-( I dont wanna play on legendary as I kinda like the save/load ability.

Another question, why does the AI suck on making trade routs? Few clans have more then 1 trade route established in my campaign while I have like 10-20 (depending on how many are alive)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; March 27, 2013 at 01:50 AM.