Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun II v5.0 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by emzxinh199x1 View Post
    chao buoi som
    Hi there and welcome to the forum

No i havent noticed such dramatic wicked bug mmmm... Thats really grosh May i ask the cost of your units of few exempels? my upkeeps of units are from below 100 to 300 and such and more, can happen i mix up units betwin Shogun and FOTS.. But i dont see any kind of extrodenery unit keep prices mmmm.. What i have discoverd and i do pretty think many knows that u can have diff prices on your units, deppendly of how your province look like and wish extra bonus buildings you decide to build. But if that changes in the upkeep as well i really honestly didnt look up, incase one of the same unit was built up but in 2 diff provinces with diff prices, i mean if that makes any sense and diff in there up keep!? Hmmm.. I really have no idea. Give us a short list of some units, and i will give you a valued upkeep answer of them from my FOTS campaign

And how to fix this wierd annyoing bug :-o I have no idea... I do hope others will report and with knowlege and possibly solutions. Going down like 5000 in cash minus is a huge handicap every turn i agree.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Hey, peace. I have no time to monitor all posts. Can you try playing without deployment zones on?
    It may affects things negatively.

Do not understand what you say about Black Bears, Read Bears etc. but they are exclusive to some specific clans, do not remember now the Japanese names. It is a game feature not a mods feature.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Hey, peace. I have no time to monitor all posts. Can you try playing without deployment zones on?
    It may affects things negatively.

Do not understand what you say about Black Bears, Read Bears etc. but they are exclusive to some specific clans, do not remember now the Japanese names. It is a game feature not a mods feature.
    You think that this is the reason for the passive CAI?
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Sure, will do so later today.

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, download link doesn't work, can you fix it Darth, tks.

Can I ask why all research give negative modernization?

This is something I've been putting off for a long while, but after playing two entire Fall of the Samurai campaigns with Bear infantry mysteriously disappearing, only to have them re-appear after re-setting the mod settings, I need to complain...

The mod needs some serious superficial changes; I'm sick of having to basically GUESS if the mod is even in place by starting a new campaign; DarthMod for ETW and NTW had either a whole new menu movie, or the Darthmod logo at the top. This Darthmod has literally NOTHING; when I first started it up, I had no idea if the mod was even working or not because so many of the superficial settings kept changing when I adjusted the submods that even now on a paranoid level, I don't even know if the mod is even working beyond the special unit cards and FOTS color scheme changes.

Even worse is the mod launcher itself; the astericks indicate which setting is default, but I DO NOT CARE. The fact that they never change and that I CAN NEVER TELL WHICH SUBMODS ARE ACTIVATED is simply insane.

AndariusHaliusScipio
    If you have problems with the launcher, you use the SteamWork version. If you have problems with the mod in general, sorry try another one. You shout too much.

SandraDevilGirl
    All seem normal. Validate your game via Steam, Enable default 1,5 from the launcher, enable any other extra mod you want and tick only darthmod_shogun.pack in the mod manager.
    I advise not to use deployment zones so to be sure about the battles that work ok.

Before the last campaign I deleted SH2 from my folder and downloaded it again and installed DMS. Then I used the default setting + bayonets and larger deploy zones. I still got the bad/lazy CAI. The BAI was kinda good...

Lito's Avatar Civis

I just finished a Choshu campaign, and did two before that with Tsu and Sendai, everything went fine. I don't know what problems you are having AmdariusHaliusScipio. Also if you don't know which mods aren't activated don't be lazy and check the data folder or launch bat files manually...

Damn didi danm :-)
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 12, 2013 at 10:04 AM.

STOP SHOUTING? NEVER!

I don't know what SteamWorks is, and there ain't anything on the mod launcher to list it as being Steamy or something. And to re-state my initial claim, my problem isn't with the mod itself but the lack of any noticeable signs that the mod is even implemented correctly, the way you would have the mod's name on the splash screen, or a shiny new menu or menu movie, or really ANYTHING.

if you don't know which mods aren't activated don't be lazy and check the data folder or launch bat files manually

Nice to learn this after the fact and be criticized for not somehow figuring this out of nowhere. Why isn't "CocunutFred_Icons" anywhere on the launcher and what magic does it promise for my game with such a name?

Default Re: DarthMod Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by le_fred View Post
    @Feoras
    It has happened to me too with my Uesugi campaigns but I suspect this is due to the clans you play. Both Tokugawa and Otomo are rather difficult clans to play with, especially in diplomacy. Same as Uesugi or Ikko Ikki, many potential enemies surrounding you. Once you are at war, your reputation (already low with Otomo as a Christian) plummets and most clans will turn on you. The solution i found is to carefully ally / pay potential enemies before it happens (and you know it will happen anyway).

In your game with Tokugawa for example, before everyone declares war with you, who are you allied with ? Any marriage or good reputation with a key clan ? It is doable quite frankly once you have a good and strong ally. Choose one next to your provinces, even if you have to betray him later.

With Otomo, i think the Shoni are a pain. I usually ally with their closest strong neighbor (for example Mori) in order to sandwich them when the time is right. Most of my cash is used on controlling diplomacy in my Otomo campaigns.
    Hi. Sorry for the late reply, I only had time to play this weekend.

So yeah, you were right. I started a campaign on hard difficulty with the Chosokabe, and it went much more smoothly.
    Thank you for the tips, my problem with the Tokugawa and Otomo was that I didn't have any allies. I never really felt the need to form alliances when I played the easier clans but I guess that with these hard clans it's kind of mandatory.

Thank you again for your reply and the tips; I'll try to apply them in my next campaign as the Otomo. (By the way, I love reading your stories)

Computer is DEFINITELY ****ing cheating on Legendary difficulty. There is no ****ing way that a 1-settlement clan can field TWO FULL ARMIES while I can't even afford 1 with four settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    Computer is DEFINITELY ****ing cheating on Legendary difficulty. There is no ****ing way that a 1-settlement clan can field TWO FULL ARMIES while I can't even afford 1 with four settlements.
    This is nothing new in Total War games series at higher level difficults. The harder AI you select it gain moral bost and more money and such and many other diff things. I´m stunned, but my guess is that you are pretty new in the series of Total War, and frankly what does it have to do with the Darthmod?

Coming in here and complaine and cry out laoud about this, Honestly thats redicolus and the languges you are using here. Stop trolling and move on with it.

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

ModDB link isn't working Darth, can you fix it, pl.

Not trolling, just angry. I actually started in early 2005/late 2004 with Rome Total War first coming out, but I do often still feel new; I don't understand the workings of the AI difficulty levels. I don't know if this is how the AI acts on Legendary mode, but I feel it gets exacerbated by the mod's AI improvements and the apparent uselessness of ever Auto-Resolving, and the need to personally fight every single battle.

Can you make your mod compatible with these mods or let me know if your steam workshop version of your mod is compatiable with these mods

Japanese Units Name Mod
    by LestaT

Extended Skill Mod
    by LestaT

Extended Sengoku Jidai Mod
    by LestaT

Extended Rise of the Samurai Mod
    by LestaT

FoTS Artillery Unit Pack T1 - Full Version
    by The_Yogi

all these mods are in the steam workshop