Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Five Kings, One Throne

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [HS] Five Kings, One Throne

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win, or you die, there is no middle ground"

I have decided to open up another Enhanced hotseat ( if people wish we can use the YB version, but this is not a YB hotseat ) . This hotseat will be played in a very special way: 1 player will play both House Tyrell and Renly as King Renly, one player will play King Joffey as House Joffrey and Lannister, one player will play King Robb Stark as Houses Tully and Stark. One player will play Stannis and one will play Greyjoy. House Arryn and Martell will be put AI, as they have been neutral in the War of 5 Kings, and in my opinion its a total lore raping when Arryn invades White Harbor and Martell besieges Oldtown. You can wage war against these factions and make alliances with the AI, but it is not allowed to take any Dornish or Vale settlements (btw, if anyone knows a way how to make these factions totally passive, I'll be very greatful ). Every player has to declare himself king at the start of the game, but bending the knee is allowed. Every player must declare his king ingame. As you can see, the only playables will be the kings, as I think that there is no reason Lords should play when there moves are really dictated by a faction who is a king

Special situations: Should Renly die somehow and has no trueborn sons, his faction will be given to the control of Stannis. The Renly player will still play as the Tyrells, free to make alliances with whoever he wants.
    Should Stannis die somehow and has no truborn sons, his faction will be turned over to Renly

I've decided to make it so, because:

1) less Lore Raping. Martells and Arryns should not partcipate in the war. Stark is not supposed to attack Tully, Tyrell and Renly should not attack Dorne, Stannis\Renly or whatever should not invade the vale, Lannister and Tyrell should not ally themselves as long as Renly is dead and so on...
    2) only 5 players with 2 AI factions, a faster hotseat

Constitution rules will be used.

I would much rather preffer somebody else takes the admin position because 1) I've never admin'd anything and I have zero experience 2) I don't know any code lines to be used on the console for skipping ect....
    Admin: Dux

Rules:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These are the known bugs:
    • No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • No Heroic victories at all. If you get a heroic victory you must reload until you get a different result, and if you cannot get a different result then you will not be allowed to play the battle.
    • No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.

3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:
    1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

5. You can have 2 forts per region and every fort has to be garrisoned by a minimal of 4 units. Each unit has to hold at least a quarter of it's maximum amount. (example: a full unit of archers has 120 units. You cannot place a unit of archers with less then 30 men)
    6. You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. Assasins are not allowed.
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade.
    12. It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    13. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    14. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one.
    15. One turn peace for everybody *exception: a faction who is before you in the turn order placed units in your territory. Example: Lannister can't attack Tully in turn 1. Tully can attack Lannister if he placed his troops in his territory.
    16. The recruitment of siege equipments is not allowed.
    17. The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat

Factions, Players and Turn Order:

King Stannis Baratheon, House Stannis: HannibalExMachina
    King Renly Baratheon, House Renly+Tyrell: completenoob
    King Joffrey Baratheon, House Joffrey+Lannister: dead
    King Robb Stark, House Stark+Tully: The Guy With No Imagination
    King Balon Greyjoy, House Greyjoy: Emperor of Hell

Mini-map (updated every 5 turns):
    Turn 1:

Turn 5:

Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 24, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Default Re: [HS] Five Kings, One Throne

I'll take Renly/Tyrell

And to make the AI passive, everyone will have to modify files (I think, if someone with more knowledge sees this, please respond with a better answer)

One suggestion: Change the turn order, so each player goes twice in a row. Having fewer players doesn't necessarily mean more speed if their turns are still spread out. I don't know how to change the order, but I know a few players do (I think Dux knows, Pinkie probably as well. Maybe HxM)
    Last edited by complete noob:(; March 22, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I ofcourse, claim King Stannis of Dragonstone, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.
    I know the truth Jon Arryn died for, Queen Cercei poisened him when he found out that her children, Joffrey and Tommen and Myrcella, are all spawn of incest of Ser Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. Since King Robert had no true sons, I am the King on the Iron Throne. Stark, Greyjoy, Renly and Joffrey, bend the knee or I'll destroy you

This hotseat is going to be fun
    Edit: wow, quick respond noob, I thought that this post will be the first .The Usurper Renly is yours

Usurper

I prefer to think of myself as an opportunist

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Oh yeah, you are right, we can change the turn order. I know how to do that, through the Descr_Strat . Great advice noob

Edit: alright, I think I figured out how to do this. But the question is, will this cause problems to the game? if not everybody is using the same descr_strat?
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 22, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

You can simply write a command line to kill a faction, then they'll become rebel although that way it'd be impossible to make alliances.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    You can simply write a command line to kill a faction, then they'll become rebel although that way it'd be impossible to make alliances.
    We could make them rebel...... but that is not really the way I want it. I just want them too be passive, but still be a faction

Descr-strat is only used by the creator of the hotseat, so no issue there

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by complete noob:( View Post
    Descr-strat is only used by the creator of the hotseat, so no issue there
    Oh alright . I'll start modding the descr_strat right now

i will take stark/tully

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by hackera96 View Post
    i will take stark/tully
    Ai
    Sure you don't want to play against me as Joffrey?

it will be good if you change turn order for example lanister/joffrey plays with the two factions first then stark/tully, then renly/tyrell it will be much more faster

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wow that was easy . Finished already

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Alright, Here is the descr_strat for anybody who wants to try it on Hotseat themselves

Also, new rule: every player has to declare their king ingame. I think I might add to each king the money it costed him to declare kingship
    Updating the OP as we speak ^^
    Attached Files Attached Files

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

Are the YB files the same as enhanced? If so I'll give Greyjoy a try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If we play Enhanced, or if we play YB?
    I think we will play YB, as I have modded the YB descr_strat. It fixes Enhanced, and also you could recruit Ironborn everywhere, not only in the Iron Isles ^^
    Also, I have Prophet's portrait submod installed, and I think it could cause problems

Edit: anyway, Hackera, it has been brought to my attention that you quit 2 hotseats in the middle of them. I want this hotseat to be 5 players who are experienced, to make this a fast-pace hotseat for people who want nothing more then to destroy each other
    I think you are still a YB, and I said that I wanted this hotseat not to be a YB one. So I am sorry, you cannot play Stark\Tully

Get more experience and prove yourself, and we will welcome you in here in no time!

Hope you don't take it personally or anything. It's just that I want the people who start this HS to be the ones who finish it
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 22, 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Greyjoy

Isn't Tyrell/Renly together and Joffrey/Lannister together way too strong?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Why too strong? its like an unbreakable alliance

And it represents the GoT situation perfectly, how for example Renly has a huge 100,000 men army while Stannis only has 2000
    And with Stark\Tully, Lann\Joff and Renly\Tyrell combined it evens things

Edit: after talking to Empy, he convinced me of something- since Renly, Joff and Robb are all getting a big advantage, Stannis and Greyjoy will too. Kings Purse will be raised from 2500 to 6000 for each of us, and we will get additional starting forces at our capitals. I will edit the descr_strat tommorow to add this, as I am going to sleep soon
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 22, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

2 factions still available guys!

Apperently Jem does not want to take over THE MIGHTY HOUSE OF LANNISTER. Shame, really

We will find ourslef another mad boy king and a Young Wolf, it seems. I'll post in some threads to see who wants to take em

Edit: found myself a Lion, now only a wolf is to be found (the knight of Rivers will take them)
    Last edited by Uriyaca; March 22, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Pm me if you want favors of the Iron Pirates. An alliance. NAP. Giving me stuff. Anything

Page 1 of 31 123456789101126 ... LastLast