Thread: Possible hook ups for Link

Icon1 Possible hook ups for Link

So I remember someone mentioning how both Midna and Saria both had the hots for Link in HTW. So this got me thinking on series wide level on the other girls that may r may not of had the hots for Link and how likely them hooking up at the end of the game would be. feel free to respond if you think I missed any. There is a limitation I am placing 1. nothing non-canon (theories based on canonical evidence are okay).
    okay, I have played and beaten all canon games in the series, so I am just going to go off what I can remember. I am going to start from Zelda 1 and go to skyward sword in order of release date.
    the pairings listed will be rated on likelihood ( didn't happen, low, medium, high, you know it happened) and some supporting evidence why I see it happening. We gone through talking about this on the thread And now I am updating it to reflect that, I would like to thank Duke Serkol and the others for helping me refine this list.

alright with the setting out of the way lets get started:

Zelda 1: 1.Zelda : ( If we to use the official timeline, I think its Zelda the 6th, but I dont really care at this point)
    likelihood : medium
    reasoning:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    it's not ever mentioned in Hyrule Historia, but that isn't stopping me from considering it a part of the series: the Game & Watch. I believe it to take place between the two NES games and in it Link and Zelda are said to be sweethearts. So what I like to believe is that they were, for a time after he saved her in the first game, but then decided to be just friends.
    I honestly feel this reasoning is solid so I bumped it up to medium because of the whole just friends at the end

Zelda 2:
    1.those women that heal you at every town :
    likelihood : you know it happened
    reasoning: this one IS A JOKE, but Zelda 2 leaves much to the imagination, and I honestly don't think would healing was the only thing going on in that house.

2.Zelda the 1st ( again I not going to bother with what the appropriate numbering is) :
    likelihood : You know it happened
    reasoning:
    Between that and the ending there's pretty strong (I would say even conclusive) evidence that she ends up with Link.
    See, when Impa hands Link the scroll and crystals, she says it's been foretold that these things have been safe kept for a "great King that will come". In other words, prophecy says after gathering the last Triforce part, Link will one day be king and, as we all know, in this kind of stories prophecy equals inevitability unless proven otherwise. Then the ending with a kiss so unchaste it had to be hidden behind a curtain pretty much flat out tells you "Yeah, Link gets the girl. That's how he becomes king".
    ...plus it was confirmed in interviews so it's pretty much established canon.
    Interviews and in the manual? kind of hard to argue with that.

A Link to the Past:
    1.Zelda
    likelihood: mediium
    reasoning: So Serkol mention's that Link both leaves his country, ( to improve his skills or set off on a new adventure whatever you chose to believe). Also he speculates that at the end of the game link might be unsure of his feelings ( having the duty of saving an entire country is pretty heavy). So in light of that evidence I placing it at medium, however I will add that it is borderline low because of his leave of country.

Link's awakening:
    1. Marin
    likelihood: didn't happen
    reasoning: I would have said high normally, but this adventure was all just a dream, so unless link likes seagull's ( assuming you didn't die in awakening) there is going to be a bit of a problem
    here.

Ocarina of time:
    1. Saria
    Likelihood: low
    reasoning: okay I know everyone's reasoning for this is the whole childhood friends bit, and technically the kokori are always children so for all we know Saria could be of legal age when Link was an adult, but I honestly don't see this working out. Also if we working off the child time line Link leaves hyrule and the Majora's Mask really does not give us much details as to what happened at the end. Serkol metions and I agree that Saria understood that both her and link were were from differnt worlds so staying friends is all that relationship is going. Plus even if she was mentally older it be super creepy.
    2. Ruto
    Likelihood: didnt happen
    reasoning: Ruto technically forced link to become engaged in the game, but like I said there is not much evidence that the child time line leaves us with. But if your looking for a starting point for the Laranyan Zoras it could have been here . In all honesty though link rejected her both times and you could even detect a hint of disgust.
    3. Malon
    Likelihood: high
    reasoning: while not much interaction comes between the two If we are looking for Twilight Princess links ancestor mother ( the hyrule historia states that TP link is a descendant of Hero of time) I say Malon is the most likely candidate unless the hero of time met some other women we don't know about, or some how did it with zelda.
    Me and serkol have been debating on the likelihood of this and while ther enot much evidence to support it OOT wise. I give her the "a nice girl" triat which bumbs her up to high.
    4. Zelda
    likelihood: medium
    reasoning: well considering Zelda wiped all Links heroing at the end of the game, it kinda back to square on for them, plus link leaves for termina (well the lost woods but...). Zelda does however give him the Ocarina of Time before he goes and considering tit supposed to be the royal families treasure I would say that some significant evidence of a crush of some sort.This was more of a political move through
    5.Nabooru
    likelihood: low
    reasoning: Serkol and I joked about this, but honestly by the end of the Spirit temple there is some mutual trust between both. Nabooru flirts with link but I think that just her character. But for all I know link could like Cougars

Majora's Mask:
    1. Romani
    likelihood: high
    reasoning:
    And there's the other character I was talking about: Romani. Much like Malon, she's based off Marin and readily conjured a pet-name for Link (which in Japanese narrative tends to translate to "I would gladly have your babies").
    What she has that Malon does not, however, is a promise from Link to come see her again. After Link saves her from the... *sigh* freaking aliens, he actually promises her that he will come back every year on the days before the carnival to help her fend them off. That's a romance plot waiting to unfold right there.
    I agree to the extent that link learned how to freely pass between the dimensions and knew hoe to get back to the gate in the lost woods. It isn't called the lost woods for nothing. Serkol also metioned that if this did happen Romani would have to leave termina since TP link still lives there. so this got me thinking what would happen if Romani and Malon met? Hilarity then threesome? I joke but that would definitely be an odd moment.

Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons:
    1. Zelda:
    likelihoods : low
    reasoning: she barely appears, and in the end link sails from to hyrule to unintentionally Kolholint but, not much to go on
    2. Rosa
    likelihood :low
    reasoning: Well they did go on a date ( in which link totally used her special key), This is more of a joke but if you can make a reasonable argument more power too you.
    3.Din
    likelihood: Medium
    reasoning: They seem to click in the beginning of Seasons, and if it wasn't for link sailing off at the end of the game I can see it happening. Plus she's a redhead which there is a high probability that link has a preference for.

Wind Waker: Including Phantom Hourglass
    1.Tetra
    reasoning: I admit that Tetra mostly played around with the hero of winds in the beginning but honestly by the end of phantom hourglass I could see it happening. especially since they started a new kingdom in spirit tracks.

Four swords and four swords adventure:
    1. Zelda
    likelihood: high for both
    reasoning: Serkol pointed out I forgot that both had the childhood friend trope going on
    Minish Cap:
    1. Zelda
    reasoning: before Zelda's petriifation it seems to me they had a pretty good childhood friend trope going on, so I honestly don't see a problem of this happening in the future after the game ended.

Twilight Princess:
    1. Midna
    likelihood: low ( because story reasons)
    reasoning: honestly if she had not shattered the mirror I could have seen this. At first midna picks on link but throughout the game they kinda develop a relationship of trust( and maybe love). So go for it
    2. Illia
    likelihood : high
    reasoning: childhood friend trope, and they seem to have a good relationship. I find this much more likely than this game than Zelda.
    3. Zelda
    likelihood: low , maybe even not at all
    reasoning: the only way I see this working is if it had to be for political purposes, TP Zelda seems a bit more cold, and only doing what she thinks right for her kingdom. We really don't get to know her so we don't get much to go on and her coldness could derive from the kingdom being in turmoil.
    4. Hena
    likelihood:medium
    Reasoning: Hena is the fishing shack girl, we kind of see she has a thing for link. I honestly feel if she built up her courage and confessed to link about her feelings he at least go out on a date with her. If anything Hena was a nice girl And I liked her.
    5.Ashei
    reasoning: if anything happened between these two if would have too be out of game, because TP only indicates a relationship of mutual friendship at most.

Spririt Tracks:
    1. Zelda
    reasoning: couples that adventure together, stay together. I kid but they honestly did spend a lot of time together so It is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Skyward Sword:
    1. Zelda
    likelihood: you know it happened
    reasoning: this was presented as a love story so seeing them "establish" the royal line, completely possible.
    2.Petrice
    Likehood: didn't happen
    reasoning: link possibly (player choice element) leads this girl on ( to his defense she read way too much into it) the was a joke relationship if any.
    3. Kina
    reasoning: unless she develops a crush on you if you perfect the minigame at the punkin ( I never could) I get the feeling she had her eyes on someone else at the cafe.
    4. Orielle
    likehood: medium
    reasoning: like Hena if anything Orielle is a nice girl. So if for some reason link and zelda broke up I see this as the next most logical choice. If anything Link did help her with her loftwing.
    well that took a while, feel free to add if you think I forgot someone
    Last edited by TatlTael; March 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: Possible hook ups for Link

Everything has the hots for Link. Including and especially Ghirahim.

I kid, I kid (or I hope so). Well then, a canon discussion, uh? I'm game.

I'm going to do a bit of a no no and quote your whole post, so I can address it "bullet point".
    ...so how about I spoiler tag the whole thing?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by TatlTael View Post
    Zelda 1: 1.Zelda : ( If we to use the official timeline, I think its Zelda the 6th, but I dont really care at this point)
    likelihood : low
    reasoning: While indeed Link does save her we not given much info otherwise. we not sure who tells us this (maybe the old man) either way the farthest I see this going is maybe the Mario trope kiss, plus he leaves to help rebuild Hyrule in Zelda 2

Zelda 2:
    1.those women that heal you at every town :
    likelihood : you know it happened
    reasoning: this one a bit of a joke, but Zelda 2 leaves much to the imagination, and I honestly don't think would healing was the only thing going on in that house

2.Zelda the 1st ( again I not going to bother with what the appropriate numbering is) :
    likelihood : medium
    reasoning: while link does indeed get a kiss at the end, we not given much info in relations wise so like "first" zelda we only left to guess
    Mh... I have to question how seriously you're taking this. Do you really believe Nintendo would have Link "doing it" with a different woman in every town?

But let's put that aside and go in proper order: the Zelda of the first game has two things going for her being in a relationship with Link. One is blatantly not canon (the cartoon) and therefore we shall ignore it. The other, well, it's not ever mentioned in Hyrule Historia, but that isn't stopping me from considering it a part of the series: the Game & Watch. I believe it to take place between the two NES games and in it Link and Zelda are said to be sweethearts. So what I like to believe is that they were, for a time after he saved her in the first game, but then decided to be just friends.

As for the Sleeping Zelda... have you read the manual? Between that and the ending there's pretty strong (I would say even conclusive) evidence that she ends up with Link.
    See, when Impa hands Link the scroll and crystals, she says it's been foretold that these things have been safe kept for a "great King that will come". In other words, prophecy says after gathering the last Triforce part, Link will one day be king and, as we all know, in this kind of stories prophecy equals inevitability unless proven otherwise. Then the ending with a kiss so unchaste it had to be hidden behind a curtain pretty much flat out tells you "Yeah, Link gets the girl. That's how he becomes king".

A Link to the Past:
    1.Zelda
    reasoning: now this one may be a bit of an anomaly considering my current trend, but hear me out. In this game Link actively rescues Zelda twice and she has conscious knowledge of it, plus link uses his triforce wish to restore the kingdom, if that doesn't buy him brownie points I don't know what will.
    The problem with that is... he leaves afterwards. And according to the Japanese manual of LA, the only reason he does so is because he wanted to set off on a new adventure, not due to some sense of duty to his country (as the English manual implied by saying he set off to improve his skills in case Ganon returned).
    It's possible, I suppose, that Link was not quite aware of his feelings yet, after all...
    Link's awakening:
    1. Marin
    likelihood: didn't happen
    reasoning: I would have said high normally, but this adventure was all just a dream, so unless link likes seagull's ( assuming you didn't die in awakening) there is going to be a bit of a problem
    here.
    Marin is hinted to pretty much be Zelda without her encumbering title and Link certainly seems to fall for her. Of course one could argue that the resemblance is only in looks and that their personalities may be quite different, so who knows.

Ocarina of time:
    1. Saria
    Likelihood: medium
    reasoning: okay I know everyone's reasoning for this is the whole childhood friends bit, and technically the kokori are always children so for all we know Saria could be of legal age when Link was an adult, but I honestly don't see this working out. Also if we working off the child time line Link leaves hyrule and the Major's Mask really does not give us much details as to what happened at the end.
    2. Ruto
    reasoning: Ruto technically forced link to become engaged in the game, but like I said there is not much evidence that the child time line leaves us with. But if your looking for a starting point for the Laranyan Zoras it could have been here .
    I would consider both of these extremely unlikely. Saria outright tells Link she always knew they were from different worlds and could not stay together indefinitely. Plus, even if we concede she may be mentally older than Link, it'd still be really creepy.
    Ruto... Link doesn't seem to be into her. At all. Every time she tries to flirt with him his reaction is greater fear than when confronted with BongoBongo.
    Heck, I'd say Nabooru has a better shot than these two despite the age difference.

3. Malon
    reasoning: while not much interaction comes between the two If we are looking for Twilight Princess links ancestor mother ( the hyrule historia states that TP link is a descendant of Hero of time) I say Malon is the most likely candidate unless the hero of time met some other women we don't know about
    I agree. Especially in light of TP, Hyrule Historia and, even before that, the fact that she's based off of Marin whom Link was clearly in love with, she does seem to be the most logical choice for OoT Link to have ended up with. Except perhaps for one other character we will soon get to.

4. Zelda
    likelihood: medium
    reasoning: well considering Zelda wiped all Links heroing at the end of the game, it kinda back to square on for them, plus link leaves for termina (well the lost woods but...). Zelda does however give him the Ocarina of Time before he goes and considering tit supposed to be the royal families treasure I would say that some significant evidence of a crush of some sort.
    Not really. Giving him the Ocarina of Time as he left Hyrule was a very logical choice: the Ocarina is necessary to open the Door of Time. If Link takes the Ocarina and leaves, Ganondorf can't use it to get in (not that he needs to given what we see in TP, but they didn't know that at the time).
    I wouldn't rule her out, but considering what we know of TP Link's ancestry... it's not very likely.

Majora's Mask:
    none that come to mind maybe Malon again, but again this was an alternate world so it does not matter anyway
    And there's the other character I was talking about: Romani. Much like Malon, she's based off Marin and readily conjured a pet-name for Link (which in Japanese narrative tends to translate to "I would gladly have your babies").
    What she has that Malon does not, however, is a promise from Link to come see her again. After Link saves her from the... *sigh* freaking aliens, he actually promises her that he will come back every year on the days before the carnival to help her fend them off. That's a romance plot waiting to unfold right there.

Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons:
    1. Zelda:
    likelihoods : low
    reasoning: she barely appears, and in the end link sails off to hyrule but, not much to go on
    Well she does kiss him on the cheek but... yeah I agree.
    Of course if you go by Hyrule Historia this is the same Link and Zelda as in ALttP, but that's dumb since she introduces herself to Link in both games.
    (Also, correction: Link sails off FROM Hyrule. You can clearly see the castle behind the people waving to him as he departs)

2. Rosa
    likelihood :medium
    reasoning: Well they did go on a date ( in which link totally used her special key), This is more of a joke but if you can make a reasonable argument more power too you.
    Hehe, really can't say I see them working out as a couple.

But hey, I know Nayru's taken (darn that Ralph) and Farore is barely in these games (and looking very pre-teen), but what about Din? Link and her seem to have some chemistry and so far we've got a good streak of redheads (the LoZ-AoL Zeldas, Marin and Malon/Romani).

Wind Waker: Including Phantom Hourglass
    1.Tetra
    reasoning: I admit that Tetra mostly played around with the hero of winds in the beginning but honestly by the end of phantom hourglass I could see it happening. especially since they started a new kingdom in spirit tracks.
    Tendencially I would agree, if anything because of how much time they spend together even after leaving the Great Sea (and any other viable options... which was probably just Mila anyway) behind.
    You gotta ask yourself though: if the Zelda of ST descends from Tetra, who does the Link of ST descend from?

Four swords and four swords adventure:
    1. Zelda
    likelihood: low for both
    reasoning: in four swords you had defeat Vatti in both game it seemed you were more a knight than lover. of course both games were designed more for multi-player than for story

Minish Cap:
    1. Zelda
    reasoning: before Zelda's petriifation it seems to me they had a pretty good childhood friend trope going on, so I honestly don't see a problem of this happening in the future after the game ended.
    Uh... in both FS games Link is stated to be a childhood friend of Zelda and is way too young to be a knight or anything resembling one. Their pairing does not seem any less or more likely than that of their Minish Cap selves (to your analysis of which I agree, btw)

Twilight Princess:
    1. Midna
    likelihood: low ( because story reasons)
    reasoning: honestly if she had not shattered the mirror I could have seen this. At first midna picks on link but throughout the game they kinda develop a relationship of trust( and maybe love). So go for it
    2. Illia
    likelihood : high
    reasoning: childhood friend trope, and they seem to have a good relationship. I find this much more likely than this game than Zelda.
    3. Zelda
    likelihood: low , maybe even not at all
    reasoning: the only way I see this working is if it had to be for political purposes, TP Zelda seems a bit more cold,calculating, and only dong what she thinks right for her kingdom. Feel free to disagree
    I agree on everything except Zelda being cold and calculative. I would say we simply don't spend enough time with her to know what she's like (though she does appear distant/detached from you, but also in great turmoil for Hyrule). In any case, there really seems to be no attraction between her and TP Link, so it is of little import.

Spririt Tracks:
    1. Zelda
    reasoning: couples that adventure together, stay together. I kid but they honestly did spend a lot of time together so It is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Skyward Sword:
    1. Zelda
    likelihood: you know it happened
    reasoning: this was presented as a love story so seeing them "establish" the royal line, completely possible.
    Agreed on both accounts.
    And there you have it. Hope this was helpful
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; March 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

thanks for the response Duke Serkol , kinda shows how foggy my memory is. I also learned some new stuff such as link's preference for redheads.

So just to clarify, I going to iron out some of the misconceptions I may have led you to believe to be serious, since some of my pairings were absolute jokes So I going to respond to a couple of your issues and input some though of my own

Mh... I have to question how seriously you're taking this. Do you really believe Nintendo would have Link "doing it" with a different woman in every town?
    I was completely joking about the town ladies, I guess I didnt make that clear but, that would just be odd. that or links a player

I would consider both of these extremely unlikely. Saria outright tells Link she always knew they were from different worlds and could not stay together indefinitely. Plus, even if we concede she may be mentally older than Link, it'd still be really creepy.
    as for saria, I agree I posted it because it was mentioned but, even my 8 year self knew that pairing was never going to happen that, but I put it up just because

Ruto... Link doesn't seem to be into her. At all. Every time she tries to flirt with him his reaction is greater fear than when confronted with BongoBongo.
    I don't see Ruto either, but like Saria it was a just because

Heck, I'd say Nabooru has a better shot than these two despite the age difference.
    yeah, definitely I think the Hero of Time would be an excellent cougar hunter.

Not really. Giving him the Ocarina of Time as he left Hyrule was a very logical choice: the Ocarina is necessary to open the Door of Time. If Link takes the Ocarina and leaves, Ganondorf can't use it to get in (not that he needs to given what we see in TP, but they didn't know that at the time).
    I wouldn't rule her out, but considering what we know of TP Link's ancestry... it's not very likely.
    See I considered that and more than likely that's why , and considering link warned them of ganadorfs plans I see it s an ample reward, from the small amout of scenes we see in MM it seems like they have a good relationship.

Tendencially I would agree, if anything because of how much time they spend together even after leaving the Great Sea (and any other viable options... which was probably just Mila anyway) behind.
    You gotta ask yourself though: if the Zelda of ST descends from Tetra, who does the Link of ST descend from?
    Yeah I tossed that around in my head because it cannot use the centuries of time elapsed like the other zelda's since niko is still alive. So we have three options which to consider then
    1. despite all the time together the hero of the winds dumps tetra for some unknown women ( Its possible, but ...eh)
    2. entirely different person ( no blood relation to hero of wind)
    1. They commit incest ( this is nintendo, so I highly doubt that)

Spirit tracks to me leaves a huge mess of this issue because there is not enough time to dilute the blood connection ( assuming one exists , which can only be in the child and fallen timelines) So we left to wonder. the New Zelda is the great-great granddaughter of tetra so with that little time you would think if the new link was the hero of the winds great great grandson you would think Niko would acknoledge that ( I know one could make the senile argument, but Niko seems mostly cogent). So I tend to lean on the the no blood relation, but what do you think?

I agree on everything except Zelda being cold and calculative. I would say we simply don't spend enough time with her to know what she's like (though she does appear distant/detached from you, but also in great turmoil for Hyrule). In any case, there really seems to be no attraction between her and TP Link, so it is of little import.
    I admit cold and calculating might have been harsh, but like you said we don't get to know much and the country is in the middle of tormoil so...
    Last edited by TatlTael; March 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Everyone knows that visiting a medieval brothel in every town gives you diseases super powers and healing.

thanks for the response Duke Serkol , kinda shows how foggy my memory is. I also learned some new stuff such as link's preference for redheads.
    Haha, you're welcome... so then, do you plan to edit your first post to add Din and Romani? (And possibly rectify the status of the sleeping Zelda to "you know it happened" as well as that of the FS games' Zelda to medium or high?)

I was completely joking about the town ladies, I guess I didnt make that clear but, that would just be odd. that or links a player
    I figured you might joke in the description, but it threw me off that you gave their likelihood as definite.

as for saria, I agree I posted it because it was mentioned but, even my 8 year self knew that pairing was never going to happen that, but I put it up just because
    If it's any comfort... Ilia is practically Saria's second chance. Don't believe me? Try changing the l with an r, as they are not distinguishable in Japanese. You get Iria, which is just missing a couple letters from being Saria, the same as Rauru and Auru. Still unconvinced? Look carefully at Ilia's hair:

OH HAI Kokiri Emerald

So yeah, make of that what you will

from the small amout of scenes we see in MM it seems like they have a good relationship.
    Of course, they are definitely at least good friends.

Yeah I tossed that around in my head because it cannot use the centuries of time elapsed like the other zelda's since niko is still alive. So we have three options which to consider then
    1. despite all the time together the hero of the winds dumps tetra for some unknown women ( Its possible, but ...eh)
    2. entirely different person ( no blood relation to hero of wind)
    1. They commit incest ( this is nintendo, so I highly doubt that)
    I'd definitely rule out the second option 1. As you say, it is a Nintendo game.

I'm really open to both other options. As you say, it may seem strange that Niko does not reveal to ST Link that he descends from TWW Link (if that's the case) but it could be just so that the boy is not under too much pression... but that still seems kinda farfetched since ST Link did not seem to have any special destiny ahead of him at the start of the game. So the most likely scenario is in fact that there's no blood relation between him and TWW Link.

I admit cold and calculating might have been harsh, but like you said we don't get to know much and the country is in the middle of tormoil so...
    Oh hey, you know what? We forgot about Hena!
    It may seem strange to include a character that is merely in charge of a couple minigames, but: she tells you she never uses the two seats canoe with anyone except her boyfriend, yet there is a way to go out in it with her (it's been a long time and I don't remember the details) and she actually asks you who you think is more beautiful between her and Iza, her sister (apparently taking the answer to heart).

There's also a few more ladies in SWS, but we all know the Link of that game has eyes only for Zelda (though he may lead on the item check girl for grabitude crackles, but any chance that this may lead to something of course gets obliterated in the ending).
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; March 22, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Haha, you're welcome... so then, do you plan to edit your first post to add Din and Romani? (And possibly rectify the status of the sleeping Zelda to "you know it happened" as well as that of the FS games' Zelda to medium or high?)
    I love too edit, but right now they won't let me
    but as soon as they do things are going to get fixed.

Oh hey, you know what? We forgot about Hena!
    It may seem strange to include a character that is merely in charge of a couple minigames, but: she tells you she never uses the two seats canoe with anyone except her boyfriend, yet there is a way to go out in it with her (it's been a long time and I don't remember the details) and she actually asks you who you think is more beautiful between her and Iza, her sister (apparently taking the answer to heart).
    I can't believe I forgot Hena, you know for some reason I didn't do much fishing in TP, despite the fact I spent hours hunting the Hylian Loach in OOT. There one more girl Ashei who you could consider, but I left her out because she was more of just a helper than any romantic love interest.

There's also a few more ladies in SWS, but we all know the Link of that game has eyes only for Zelda (though he may lead on the item check girl for grabitude crackles, but any chance that this may lead to something of course gets obliterated in the ending).
    You know I am sure we could, Orielle and Petrice for instance

I love too edit, but right now they won't let me
    but as soon as they do things are going to get fixed.
    Ah yes, you're still new. Give it time.

I can't believe I forgot Hena, you know for some reason I didn't do much fishing in TP, despite the fact I spent hours hunting the Hylian Loach in OOT.
    Me too. I really don't have that kind of free time on my hands anymore.

There one more girl Ashei who you could consider, but I left her out because she was more of just a helper than any romantic love interest.
    Yeah, she gains a considerable dose of respect for Link, but I don't really see that going anywhere.

And don't forget Kina.

Everything has the hots for Link. Including and especially Ghirahim.

I kid, I kid (or I hope so). Well then, a canon discussion, uh? I'm game.

I'm going to do a bit of a no no and quote your whole post, so I can address it "bullet point".
    ...so how about I spoiler tag the whole thing?

But let's put that aside and go in proper order: the Zelda of the first game has two things going for her being in a relationship with Link. One is blatantly not canon (the cartoon) and therefore we shall ignore it. The other, well, it's not ever mentioned in Hyrule Historia, but that isn't stopping me from considering it a part of the series: the Game & Watch. I believe it to take place between the two NES games and in it Link and Zelda are said to be sweethearts. So what I like to believe is that they were, for a time after he saved her in the first game, but then decided to be just friends.

As for the Sleeping Zelda... have you read the manual? Between that and the ending there's pretty strong (I would say even conclusive) evidence that she ends up with Link.

The problem with that is... he leaves afterwards. And according to the Japanese manual of LA, the only reason he does so is because he wanted to set off on a new adventure, not due to some sense of duty to his country (as the English manual implied by saying he set off to improve his skills in case Ganon returned).
    It's possible, I suppose, that Link was not quite aware of his feelings yet, after all...
    Marin is hinted to pretty much be Zelda without her encumbering title and Link certainly seems to fall for her. Of course one could argue that the resemblance is only in looks and that their personalities may be quite different, so who knows.

I agree. Especially in light of TP, Hyrule Historia and, even before that, the fact that she's based off of Marin whom Link was clearly in love with, she does seem to be the most logical choice for OoT Link to have ended up with. Except perhaps for one other character we will soon get to.

Well she does kiss him on the cheek but... yeah I agree.
    Of course if you go by Hyrule Historia this is the same Link and Zelda as in ALttP, but that's dumb since she introduces herself to Link in both games.
    (Also, correction: Link sails off FROM Hyrule. You can clearly see the castle behind the people waving to him as he departs)

Hehe, really can't say I see them working out as a couple.

But hey, I know Nayru's taken (darn that Ralph) and Farore is barely in these games (and looking very pre-teen), but what about Din? Link and her seem to have some chemistry and so far we've got a good streak of redheads (the LoZ-AoL Zeldas, Marin and Malon/Romani).

Uh... in both FS games Link is stated to be a childhood friend of Zelda and is way too young to be a knight or anything resembling one. Their pairing does not seem any less or more likely than that of their Minish Cap selves (to your analysis of which I agree, btw)

Agreed on both accounts.
    And there you have it. Hope this was helpful
    On all those instances of "All links descended from SS Link" (or something like that) You have to remember, it never out right STATES that all Links are related by blood. All Zeldas have the blood of the Goddess Hylia, and you can only get that through lineage. But Link has the Spirit of the Hero, meaning he could be a decendant, but they also could be a reincarnation, a spiritual successor.

Well if you consider the fact that in only one timeline OoT Link lives to be old enough to have children, then it's very much inevitable that some Links won't be direct descendants of the immediately previous one.

You totally forgot the shopgirl in skyloft in SS she was well into Link!
    I shall consume... consume everything

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    You totally forgot the shopgirl in skyloft in SS she was well into Link!
    Uh...

Icon4 Re: Possible hook ups for Link

Possible Windwaker spoiler:
    Isn't it stated in Windwaker that the triforce only shows up on those with the blood of the hero. And that's why ToonLink has to collect all the fragments on his own, since he isn't of the hero's lineage?

I believe you're thinking of Twilight Princess (as to why the Link of that game does have it).

In TWW it's split in eight parts because it couldn't disappear off into a separate timeline together with OoT Link (and yes, of course TWW Link can't descend from him since he ceased existing).

I quote from Aquos4:

On all those instances of "All links descended from SS Link" (or something like that) You have to remember, it never out right STATES that all Links are related by blood. All Zeldas have the blood of the Goddess Hylia, and you can only get that through lineage. But Link has the Spirit of the Hero, meaning he could be a decendant, but they also could be a reincarnation, a spiritual successor.

This is an excellent theory. It solves many a question, and fills many holes in the Canon story lore. The theory is also supported in canon lore because Link is the hero of time, and is the chosen hero of the Goddesses.

Well don Aquos4. : I give you rep for salving a age old problem i had. I was wandering how like saved the would time and again. While being the hero of time and having to grow up all over again every time.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    Possible Windwaker spoiler:
    Isn't it stated in Windwaker that the triforce only shows up on those with the blood of the hero. And that's why ToonLink has to collect all the fragments on his own, since he isn't of the hero's lineage?
    So after the timeline release I kinda held that the adult , and defeat timeline were not blood related but, the child one was all blood related in some way (although four swords adventures still feels like the odd duck there) based off this Windwaker statement.

I agree that blood-connection is not a necessary condition, but I feel like could happen.

I updated the first post to reflect our discussion, if you think I still am missing someone please chime in

Ready!

This may be a bit of a nitpick, but concerning ALttP Zelda I said Link MAY be unsure of his feelings (since he up and leaves Hyrule, only to fall in love with a girl that looks like Zelda). Mine was merely speculation, of course, there's no statement on how Link really felt.

Even though Romani has Link's promise to visit her yearly, I would put her and Malon on the same level of likelihood (so both high?) because for things to work out between Link and Romani she would have to eventually leave her ranch and Termina (since the hero's descendants remained in Hyrule) whereas that is not the case for Malon. This would balance things out.

You still have to fix your description of the situation at the end of Oracles (when discussing the Zelda of those games): Link is sailing off FROM Hyrule, not off TO.

...and I still say you should add Din

Concerning Peatrice, It's up to the player whether they want to lead her on or not (you get the Gratitude Crystals either from her or her father). But yeah, the result doesn't change, Link settles down on the surface with Zelda.
    And as for Kina, I can confirm it, no crush is ever developed.

With all that said... nice job ^_^

Ready!

This may be a bit of a nitpick, but concerning ALttP Zelda I said Link MAY be unsure of his feelings (since he up and leaves Hyrule, only to fall in love with a girl that looks like Zelda). Mine was merely speculation, of course, there's no statement on how Link really felt.

Even though Romani has Link's promise to visit her yearly, I would put her and Malon on the same level of likelihood (so both high?) because for things to work out between Link and Romani she would have to eventually leave her ranch and Termina (since the hero's descendants remained in Hyrule) whereas that is not the case for Malon. This would balance things out.

You still have to fix your description of the situation at the end of Oracles (when discussing the Zelda of those games): Link is sailing off FROM Hyrule, not off TO.

...and I still say you should add Din

Concerning Peatrice, It's up to the player whether they want to lead her on or not (you get the Gratitude Crystals either from her or her father). But yeah, the result doesn't change, Link settles down on the surface with Zelda.
    And as for Kina, I can confirm it, no crush is ever developed.

With all that said... nice job ^_^
    I got signed out multiple times trying to edit the post so, I had them in there originally but easy fix
    ..... and done. any thing else I forgot to add or need to fix?
    Last edited by TatlTael; March 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Nope, I would say you got it all covered now