Thread: Not again... Please help !!!

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Default Not again... Please help !!!

Here we go again...

I reinstalled MTW and Kingdoms. Then I installed TATW 3.0 part 1 and 2, 3.1 and finally 3.2. As always. I double click the game shortcut on my desktop, and what I get is something like this:

no dics found, please insert the authentic MED2GOLD CD/DVD.

for more information visit: http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc&l=gr

PS: I tried running the game as administrator, I deleted the rmw (or sth like this files) and I tried running the unpacker. it doesn't work. When I'm trying to run the unpacker, a window pops out saying a dll file is missing. But it doesn't.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Not again... Please help !!!

This sounds like a base M2TW problem. Can you verify that M2TW and Kingdoms works without any problems?

I've launched it, before installing TATW and it was working ...

It's getting weirder and weirder over the years... kingdoms.exe is missing again.

What I've forgotten to mention, is that I upgraded the kingdoms to 1.5 as my crashed battles were 1/4 times.

Update: I deleted the content of my virtual store, the time zone thing and I changed the security options in game's properties... This is all I've found here.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    Update: I deleted the content of my virtual store, the time zone thing and I changed the security options in game's properties... This is all I've found here.
    Does your M2TW\Kingdoms work? If they don`t work, you can`t open them or you get an error message, then first post in main M2TW Tech Help forum about this so they could help you fix it ( better help there).
    If your M2TW\Kingdoms work ( you can launch them without any error message) then answer these few questions:

1. Is your M2TW steam, or non steam version? When you were updating it to 1.05, did you get any error message?

2. What Windows do you have ? ( I presume Windows 7, 8 or Vista, since you mentioned Virtual Store).

3. Where is your M2TW installed? Give us the exact folder path.

4. Did you get any error message during installation of TATW?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

M2TW works fine, kingdoms doesn't..

1.non steam version, no problems
    2.Windows 7
    3.C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    4.No...

Can you start Kingdoms by going to Start\ All Programs\ SEGA\ M2TW\ Launcher, or Kingdoms Launcher ?

And, you can use these steps here to install TATW properly ( these steps are for TATW + MOS installation, just skip those which say about MOS Installation).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I did these yesterday.. I've installed TATW about 20 times, I mean on friends' computers etc.. The only thing I did this time, was updating kingdoms. Should I do this, after the complete instalation? I did it after installing Kingdoms.

Best thing to do would be total reinstallation of M2TW and Kingdoms, plus updating it to 1.05. After you do that, install TATW ( Edit security for main M2TW folder before installing TATW ). Good luck!

this is excactly what I've already did. twice :/ but thanks for the help

There is a manual removal of securom after reinstallation of M2TW, I am not at my PC so can't give you the link. Irishron though knows more about it, you should ask him about it.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post

What I've forgotten to mention, is that I upgraded the kingdoms to 1.5
    I suspect that it has something to do with this. It's important to get the right patch as they vary by region and edition (gold vs. non-gold). Check this thread for the different patch options and make sure you got the right one. The regions are tricky to know exactly what you have. Go ahead and try the different ones, EU, UK, etc....

I have the GOLD edition and I guess that, since everything is in English, I have the UK patch.. I cannot find anything saying UK or US on the box, but it has a British tel code.

Well, I have UK gold, but US Gold worked for me. Before that, I tried two patches, UK and EU.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

look in the instruction manual first page bottom left corner should have something like xxx-xxxx-UK

also on back of the box just above the bar code the same key can be found

Unfortunately... No. There is nothing nowhere..