Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 campaign won't start

Default Stainless Steel 6.4 campaign won't start

So I just downloaded SS6.3 and 6.4. The problem I have is after clicking my faction selection for the campaign, it quits back to the main menu. No error, no CTD; it just sends me back to the main menu.
    I can run quick and custom battles fine, just not campaign.

If it helps, I'm running Win7 (on which I have the admin account). Med 2 and Kingdoms are installed, and work perfectly; and I've already taken ownership of my medieval 2 directory, but it still doesn't seem to be working. Plus I don't have any submods or anything - just Med2+Kingdoms and now SS6.4

Hopefully someone can help, thanks in advance.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 campaign won't start

Click on SS Set up in 6.3 Mod Folder, right click and Run as Admin

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Totally worked. Thank you sir, you are a scholar and a saint.

i´m having the same problem, i choose a faction and gets me back, but i run it as an admin and still doesn't work.

Reinstall SS with your UAC is disabled if running WIN7, if WIN8 install outside of program files as UAc cannot be disabled

in win 8, i've put it outside program files....stilll nothing

and the uac is off

iżve found the problem. There is a fix for turn 51 that was causing the problem

And where do I get the fix?

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

I hate to revive old threads, but I seriously do need help here too. Just installed Stainless Steel 6.3 and then the 6.4 patch, and I'm playing it on Windows 10. Every time I start a campaign, it simply brings me back to the menu. I tried running it as an admin and my UAC is disabled. I can't even start historical battles because the same error happens. Can someone help me pls? I really wanna play SS
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

Install SS outside of Program Files, as long as MTW2 and SS are in same drive, no problem, you will need to copy and paste a Kingdoms Launcher into SS, if its outside of Program Files

Ser Elmond Starr's Avatar Decanus

Thank you very much, it is working now!
    Ser Elmond of House Starr, the Light of the Night, Lord of Moonkeep and King of Etherea
    Through Action, a Man becomes a Hero.Through Death, a Hero becomes a Legend.Through Time, a Legend becomes a Myth.By learning from the Myth, a Man takes Action....

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Install SS outside of Program Files, as long as MTW2 and SS are in same drive, no problem, you will need to copy and paste a Kingdoms Launcher into SS, if its outside of Program Files
    is that supposed to work with steam too? i tried it and the game launched, the campaign launched..ish. when the loading bar got all the way full the game CTDd before the campaign map loaded.

nevermind, i seemed to have figured it out. i reinstalled SS to my steam folder and moved a kingdoms.exe to the SS folder, ran setup with steam not being on and that seems to have saved my sub mod options. started steam and ran m2tw and it seems to be working fine now

Dear Toaky, can you explain your above message further? I don't understand sth - with steam installation of kingdoms, there is no kingdoms.exe to be found...right? I too have a steam instal of MTW2 and Kingdoms. Thanks

Been trying to fix this problem for hours, installing the mod outside of program files sorted it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemgr View Post
    Been trying to fix this problem for hours, installing the mod outside of program files sorted it for me.
    How? Do you have steam? Where do you install it if you have steam? This is retarded.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader