Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11 September 1683

Default Re: 11 September 1683

Well 300 let out the Spartans were not only 300 + a few allies. They had between 5000 and 11000 man which blocked the Gates. But hey 300 against a Million (lol) sounds cooler.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Well I've watched or am watching Three Kingdoms, King of Zipangu, Casa das sehte Mulheres, Muhtesem Yuzyil, the Borgias (NOT that other show Borgia) and I'm going to watch Vikings so I might as well.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by money View Post
    Well I've watched or am watching Three Kingdoms, King of Zipangu, Casa das sehte Mulheres, Muhtesem Yuzyil, the Borgias (NOT that other show Borgia) and I'm going to watch Vikings so I might as well.
    So you watching the Showtime "The Borgias" with Jeremy Irons as pope and not the European co-production? I looked both and i liked the showtime series more because Ceasare Borgia has a better actor. A few years ago there was also a longer movie about the Borgias, which was not bad.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Patrician

I've only seen a few episodes cause I always miss them on Showtime. I will probably watch it on the internet. But the Borgias has better actors and is much more engaging and has a better story (even though they have the same story lol). But yeah I enjoyed the Borgias, Borgia just bored me and it felt like the Tudors (which I also really disliked). But my listing all of those shows is a response to Pasan to say that I indeed have watched many shows and movies in different languages.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Watch Vikings. The show don't disappoint so far in the accuracy department.

This 1684 movie ill pass I think. As much as I like the 16th century ill pass.

Patrician

I will watch Vikings and possibly that Danish show about the Shleswig wars.

Despite what the other movies were, the first one was decent and if there is no Polish nationalism then what is there in 1683? Not Polish nationalism but is it any better?
    I guess that "1683" is affected by anti-muslim propaganda. In a way, it's the european version of Fetih 1453. That's totally explain the need of the producers to compare the siege with the 9/11.
    By the way, my comment wasn't sarcastic. I actually meant what I said.

With Fire and Sword and the Deluge was cinema and they weren't bad films although certainly inaccurate. At least the first movie was at least a decent film (which are also based around good pieces of literature), Although you said that 1683 is inaccurate, inaccuracy in With Fire and Sword seems to be the only thing that should bother you.

As you even said, With Fire and Sword is based on a novel, a novel not meant to be historically accurate, but only plausible. And that's totally fine.
    Although, the term history gains such a hardcore meaning in this forum. A movie isn't inaccurate because the X nation's soldier has red underwear instead of white ones.

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

Patrician

What exactly did you mean? That is was a good old Hoffman film?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12