Thread: How to add new building chains

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default How to add new building chains

Hey,
    This tutorial should point you the way to add new building chains.
    Let's start:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(I used different colours to make therelations between entries clearer)
    At first you should begin to add a new building chain:

Here the market chain is marked. It's techtree is located in the enlightenment tab in-game. It will have the second position on the tab (blue marking)

As 2nd we add building slots to the chain:
    Here I added the slots to the market building chain.

In the 3rd step we add the buildings:
    6 building are add to the market chain (town_market is marked green for further building settings. the 3rd row is the level. 0 is the 1st building. After that you add for the 2nd building 1 for the 3rd 2 and so on...
    The 4th row is a condition when the building can be build. The most likely is that a building can only be build in the fraction capital.
    The 5th row is the created time in rounds. So a 4 means you need 4 rounds to build the building. The next row is the building cost.
    Later rows are the prestige this building should bring and again a row to enable a building only in the fraction capital.

The 4th step is to add the building effects for the region where the building is build

I think everything explains itself

The 5th step is to add the relations between buildings.

Here town_market can only be build if you've build a village_market before. Also you can build a city_market out of the town_market.

The 6th step is too add the technology requirement

This should be self-explaining again

7th step is to add the building to a fraction and give icons and models:
    The first 2 rows are self-explaining the 3rd is the ingame model the 4th the description and the 5th the icon/info pic

Here are to similar tables like the one before:
    here you can add the building to a culture as example "European"

In this table you can add the to a culture and a government_type
    Important is here that you can choose only a culture and than you need to add every building to every 3 government_types! The next rows are again, models,discribtions etc... Note that they can be different for every entry.

The next step is simple (But not less important! Keep in mind that spelling mistakes in this row cause a CTD on the loading screen):

You need to add the description you choose before for your building here (pink) this is all

In the next table you can influence the bonus on researching speed giving to a building:

In the following table you can give an building a fraction wide effect:

In the next table you can give the buildings a construction cost bonus if you own a special resource:

In the last table is the table where you can add the units to a building:

If you've got further questions just ask
    I hope this tutorial was helpful.
    Greatings,
    Hortensius
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; August 12, 2017 at 07:01 AM.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How to add new building chains

This is very helpful thanks
    Is this the same for ports, I'm trying and failing to get to a level 1 port for the NA Huron I'm able to achieve a lvl 0 port but as soon as I mouse over the icon for the next lvl port it instantly CTD's.
    I've been over and over the code/tables but I can't seem to see where on God's green earth the problem is.
    Any idea's? Quintus

EDIT: Just to clarify yes this does work also for ports, after going over and over my code for building ports I could not find anything wrong so and then it dawned on me that maybe one of the ship/boat units I have allocated could be the problem, so I deleted out of the tables any boats that I had allocated to the Huron to build and hey presto all 3 level ports are buildable with no CTD's

Thanks again Quintus your Tut, it has been invaluable for my troubleshooting Cheers
    Last edited by onmy6; May 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Fixed Problem

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: How to add new building chains

Quote Originally Posted by onmy6 View Post
    This is very helpful thanks
    Is this the same for ports, I'm trying and failing to get to a level 1 port for the NA Huron I'm able to achieve a lvl 0 port but as soon as I mouse over the icon for the next lvl port it instantly CTD's.
    I've been over and over the code/tables but I can't seem to see where on God's green earth the problem is.
    Any idea's? Quintus

EDIT: Just to clarify yes this does work also for ports, after going over and over my code for building ports I could not find anything wrong so and then it dawned on me that maybe one of the ship/boat units I have allocated could be the problem, so I deleted out of the tables any boats that I had allocated to the Huron to build and hey presto all 3 level ports are buildable with no CTD's

Thanks again Quintus your Tut, it has been invaluable for my troubleshooting Cheers
    Great that you figured it out! And I'm glad that this tutorial helped you

And I added new pictures above. Note that all marks are in blue now.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop