Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

It is strange after 4 months (or more?) of testing and more than 20 betas the BAI is quite the same as in vanilla, for me and others. I don't blame Darth or the beta testers who have worked a lot, I just point that there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Krebskandidat, try out my BAI settings and see if you get better behavior.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...E-Mod-settings
    I wrote you, that I will try your mod but I read you have a few problems with the Custom Battles and with the Skirmish option (although I don't think that all Units should be able to do so). So I thought I'll wait a little until you fix those things.

Quote Originally Posted by skullripper View Post
    I downloaded latest file and I noticed you cant play any minor factions in custom battles , and on the campaign map when playing wurrtemburg you cant see anything.
    If you really want to impress me you should do something about the Dagestan(Protectorates)-Bug. As long as this bug exists I don’t want to play a whole campaign.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There is nothing wrong with custom battles. Skirmish mode is just a matter of taste as some people do not like fire by rank. It is easily modded out. I will make two versions. Skirmish and non-skirmish. You can test the Battle AI and see if there is a difference-there is as many know already. Tested and true for all that used these setting in Darth Mod Napoleon.
    How to fix the Dagestan bug-try this:
    "The solution of the bug is this work around. Go into the folder :...\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DME and open the scripting.lua with any texteditor. Search for the segment and put in the bold marked line:

local function OnWorldCreated()

scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("russia", "chechenya_dagestan", 0, 0, context)

scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_culture("european")
    scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_all()

after that you start an early dathmod campaign... and dagestan is history as a free nation. Make one or two turns and close the launcher DME ready. Start launcher again and start a 40 units game. Dagestan should be again a russian territory". from another thread.

sorry, my fault! Delete this post!
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 29, 2013 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Mistake

There is nothing wrong with custom battles. Skirmish mode is just a matter of taste as some people do not like fire by rank. It is easily modded out. I will make two versions. Skirmish and non-skirmish. You can test the Battle AI and see if there is a difference-there is as many know already. Tested and true for all that used these setting in Darth Mod Napoleon.
    Good to hear! In this case, I will try your mod as soon as I can.

How to fix the Dagestan bug-try this:
    "The solution of the bug is this work around. Go into the folder :...\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DME and open the scripting.lua with any texteditor. Search for the segment and put in the bold marked line:

local function OnWorldCreated()

scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("russia", "chechenya_dagestan", 0, 0, context)

scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_culture("european")
    scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_all()

after that you start an early dathmod campaign... and dagestan is history as a free nation. Make one or two turns and close the launcher DME ready. Start launcher again and start a 40 units game. Dagestan should be again a russian territory". from another thread.
    But if Dagestan territory will be conquered the bug will return with Hanover, I think. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but this setting do only prevent that Dagestan is able to form protectorates, but doesn't fix the bug for good.

Patrician

It stops Dagestan from getting protectorates. It is a work around. Hanover just conquer it. Are these hard coded problems within the game?, and there are only work around fixes?. These bugs needed to be eliminated by the developers. They will not make any more patches so this is what it is. That is what modding is-a work around fix.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; April 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM.

There was no Dagestan Bug in Vanilla or DM 7.0 so it must be a problem in 8.0. And that means it can be solved by a DM Patch.
    Perhaps I have as an old CK, EU, V and HoI player too high expactations into the diplomacy system. But I don't want to conquer the world and I don't want to assault all small countries. I want to protect them against the other major states, I want to forge alliances, aso. Battles are only fun, when you have strong enemies and a few allies. This makes a battles a colourful parade with fife and drum and gunfire!

Patrician

Never played DMUC 7.0 so where did this bug come from? Is this from some background script in DM? It must be cause this behavior can not be the result of diplomacy behavior settings. Will look through the background scripts and see if I can spot something the relates to this.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Well, the Dagestan isn't a bug per se. OK, Dagestan gets 3-4 protectorates; that's not terrible IMO
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I think that if we could have a decent BAI, I would tolerate 3-4 protectorates for Dagestan.
    But since the BAI is so terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    I think that if we could have a decent BAI, I would tolerate 3-4 protectorates for Dagestan.
    what he said, i love this mod, but hate the frackin BAI

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Guys, I see no problem with the BAI in custom or campaign.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Never played DMUC 7.0 so where did this bug come from? Is this from some background script in DM? It must be cause this behavior can not be the result of diplomacy behavior settings. Will look through the background scripts and see if I can spot something the relates to this.
    This bug appeared first in the final 8.0. The beta 8.0 had no Dagestan bug, I think. If you are able to correct this mistake, you are a hero, monsieur!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Well, the Dagestan isn't a bug per se. OK, Dagestan gets 3-4 protectorates; that's not terrible IMO
    It is terrible, because this "3-4" protectorates (in my last campaign I had 6 in 1712) are as good as out of gameplay. You can't have any relationships with them (instead of war). And this bug (yes bug!!!) doesn't stop with minor nations (Maratha). For me it destroys the whole gameplay and that's why I won't continue testing DM as long as this bug hasn't been fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    I'm just curious. Anybody should start a poll to find out how many players have problems and how many not. (I dont know how to start a vote in a thread.)
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; May 01, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

Well, that's very good for you, but several players complains, so there must be something.

Nearly all my battles all like that (camapign or custom) : suicide cavalery charge, and then the infantery who run in front of my line, to be shot or killed in melee by a rear charge of my own cavalery.
    I have a fresh install (my computer is new), and no submod.

But your experience is also worthy: on certains conditions, BAI could be good...it must be investigated.

I will again desinstall, clear everything and verify game files integrity, and report. But without hope...

Patrician

Well Blackader you have not played with my BAI settings. It is there for you to try.

People who don't see problems, just aren't looking, imo.

I've given up on DM empire, it's unplayable with the awful BAI and the game-breaking bugs in the campaign. Support has stopped for it, so what's the point?

Patrician

Well Zorak, the point is I will not give up on it. I will try to find a solution to the campaign bugs. The BAI works good with my settings-try it out.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I dont believe darth has abandonded it either.Perhaps in easter holidays that start from tomorrow he shall return

Well Blackader you have not played with my BAI settings. It is there for you to try.
    Well, you could perhaps help Darth to improve the BAI...

Patrician

Well he can use my settings from the sub mod if he wants to.