Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

The BAI and CAI was pretty horribad when I downloaded Darthmod with patch. Ok, the BAI is decent in land battles, but awful in sieges. Also some nations like Britain never advanced in tech.

I'm coming to the conclusion that this mod makes the game play worst then vanilla. Great Britian does nothing with their troops and I don't even think they are advancing in military tech. What happened to religion in this game? I play with Prussia and any area I take over has no religion problem with me. I even took a rebel area in southeast part of india and still no religion problems.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I don't know what's the problem in your game Kreb. I don't have any such problems. In my games, the cavalry sometimes attacks early. Most of the time it attacks at the right time.
    It seems I'm not alone with this problems (it was already mentioned in the Beta Thread) and I think the pictures speak a clear language. Cavalry "sometimes attacks early" only in custom battles and when I was attacked by the AI. But if I attack them the battle is unplayable as you can see.

Hello, i Wonder if it would be possible to add warbands skins(and maybe units) to native in the grand campaign. I already asked it a year ago and they answered it was impossible but i found that some modders succefully did it in the mod "empire realism"(which is not as good as darthmod...). So would it be possible to just copy/paste their files? It would be great if there could be a minimod that add them. thanks

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Krebskandidat View Post
    It seems I'm not alone with this problems (it was already mentioned in the Beta Thread) and I think the pictures speak a clear language. Cavalry "sometimes attacks early" only in custom battles and when I was attacked by the AI. But if I attack them the battle is unplayable as you can see.
    You are not alone with these problems, but not everyone has those problems. I don't have those problems in the campaign battles.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I tested one 8.0 battle and one 8.0.1 battle. In 8.0.1the AI is in my opinion worse than in 8.0. (especially the square formation building in front of my fire lines).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    You are not alone with these problems, but not everyone has those problems. I don't have those problems in the campaign battles.
    I think this is very strange, because we all have the same game and (I hope so) we all have the same v8.0.1 Platinum Patch. Or are there two Empire v8.0.1 Patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Phildor View Post
    I tested one 8.0 battle and one 8.0.1 battle. In 8.0.1the AI is in my opinion worse than in 8.0. (especially the square formation building in front of my fire lines).
    I can agree to this statement!!! Although naval battles and custom battles aren’t so bad. But the campaign is unplayable.
    Personally I prefer 7.0, because there was no Dagestan Bug and I can’t remember any Ottoman lag. I already thought about going back to this version of DarthMod.
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 13, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Do you use submods from launcher?deactivate everything and start an new campaign to see if it changes

Now I'm totally confused.

I activated 4 mods (in this order: wigs, terrain, death_animv11, and skybox) and played with 20 min timelimit. Suddenly the gameplay was completely differnt. The battle was nearly perfect.

I don't get it. Without those mods a horrible gameplay and with those mods...

PS: Perhaps this was the AI changing after a few (but it weren't so few) turns that Sir_Aggelos mentioned. I don't know... and I hope it stays now for good.

I played this first battle in the 3rd Episode a few times with the lousy AI and now I played it four times with the "new" AI and its completely different.

The canons were ready to fire when battle started (P 1). Cavalry attacked my cavalry and tried to stop her flanking the infantry. Infantry waited behind the artillery until my troops came closer, then they moved forward (in line, P 2) and attacked and defeated my infantry. I circled them with Dragoons and fired at them from behind. After a cavalry attack they fled. The general stayed the whole time behind his troops (P 3) and when the battle was as good as over he fled (P 3). I think the result is good for a battle (P 5).

PS: Either the AI change after a few turns/battles as Sir_Aggelos said or this has something to do with steam. Since yesterday, when I put the four mod in the User Script I've had steam running in the background. Before opened Steam and closed it afterward to get DM run. But now let it open while playing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-14_00001.jpg   2013-04-14_00002.jpg   2013-04-14_00003.jpg   2013-04-14_00004.jpg   2013-04-14_00005.jpg  

Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 14, 2013 at 02:50 AM.

I havent this with steam but i will give it a try.you were playing without mods and you had a terrible gameplay?with 4 mods you have a much better gameplay?I think bad gameplay may get back with 4 mods so dont get too overexcited,test more.On the other hand how can steam interfeer with gameplay?

This is the reason, why I so confused. I have no idea what's going on. So I thought it's a good idea to report everything I did different in the last battles. Perhaps anybody find a solution. But of course I will go on testing.

Ps: I don't think those mods interfere with the game play, because they only overhaul the graphic and the AI is still good, when I deactivate them.
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 14, 2013 at 04:00 AM.

It is perhaps the time limit...

OOOOOOOKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY...

GUYS:
    If some of the submods conflict with the BAI in some way, Darth has to know.
    If for some reason the BAI "re-aligns" itself after 20 turns (which as Kreb said are not that few) Darth has to know.

I'm waaay past the "20 turn" limit.
    HOWEVER: The CAI as you probably know is different too in the first 20 turns, since time immemorial. And when I say time immemorial, I mean even in M2TW. More alliances, more deals, more backstabbing. It was that way (at least with the CAI) since ETW was made. Before actually ETW was made.
    That's the only problem I have with Hybrid Startpos; when you change faction using the Hybrid, the AI resets in the initial period and you have to wait 20 turns again.

Also, that's the main reason I don't do battle in the first 20 turns; I use them to build up and all.
    Last edited by alhoon; April 14, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

i've had a pretty good go so far. play as GB so haven't experienced brain dead AI thus far. haven't had a decently sized engagement with other europeans, but have been fighting native americans and they feel more balanced. still cut through earlier line infantry and militia if they get close enough, but aren't as fond as concentrated artillery fire and casualties anymore. i like it.

also, second turn of the game, the world plunges into war. crazy, but enjoyable. haven't noticed any dagestan bug yet, but still very early in the campaign

Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere or if I am suppose to post somewhere else but I was wondering how large this mod is? I installed it and it was over 20GB which is larger than the game itself. I am not sure if I am installing it incorrectly or something as I could not get it to work. I want to re install it however I want to ask how large it actually is just so I know that I am not wasting any download. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post #116 has been reported.If you are bored to search im bored to answer you
    2 things about my campaign.I remind i play as russia vh/vh 4tpy with subs mods(causa,death anim,ntw effects,poland v2) on 1 more region for victory!
    Firstly about naval battles.Some times there is bad movement for BAI.they first ships of their formation turn vertically to the line astern formation and sitting there.All others ships form a queue and wait behind the first ships that stand there and recieve fire.I dont say they stand there for ever but they lose time before they decide to break the formation and turn.They are very late.In the pictures BAI has wind with their side they stand there instead of moving from the side and dont break the formation,although there was plenty of space to move in.Also they didnt use their bomb ketch well AT ALL.they send it first straight to us and of course it was lost.These kind of ships (bomb ketches/rocket ships) should be in the back of the array not first into suicide.
    Secondly about CAI look the picture AUstria is a superpower all right they declared war to me a couple of times,were defeated all times and have 10 armies standing in their ally poland.i disebark to netherlands to make a diversion and at the end of the turn they didnt seem to move an army to reenforce their WEAK west.I want to see what they will do.they have been standing there for many turns and dont move
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n1.jpg   n2.jpg   n3.jpg   n4.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; April 15, 2013 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Post #116 has been reported.If you are bored to search im bored to answer you
    2 things about my campaign.I remind i play as russia vh/vh 4tpy with subs mods(causa,death anim,ntw effects,poland v2) on 1 more region for victory!
    Firstly about naval battles.Some times there is bad movement for BAI.they first ships of their formation turn vertically to the line astern formation and sitting there.All others ships form a queue and wait behind the first ships that stand there and recieve fire.I dont say they stand there for ever but they lose time before they decide to break the formation and turn.They are very late.In the pictures BAI has wind with their side they stand there instead of moving from the side and dont break the formation,although there was plenty of space to move in.Also they didnt use their bomb ketch well AT ALL.they send it first straight to us and of course it was lost.These kind of ships (bomb ketches/rocket ships) should be in the back of the array not first into suicide.
    Secondly about CAI look the picture AUstria is a superpower all right they declared war to me a couple of times,were defeated all times and have 10 armies standing in their ally poland.i disebark to netherlands to make a diversion and at the end of the turn they didnt seem to move an army to reenforce their WEAK west.I want to see what they will do.they have been standing there for many turns and dont move
    UPDATE:
    played to battles TO MY RUSSIAN CAMPAIGN VH/VH 4TPY CAUSA,POLAND,DEATH ANIM ON and NTW effects OFF 20 minutes/battle
    The land battle was very good as you can see in picture.BAI tried to lure me enter the narrow paths of the city that could be easily be guarded.They lost because i had superior forces,and because of they didnt reenforce quick when some of their units were in danger.I saw 2 units behind walls sitting.All their cavalry in defence battle should be kept back.I dont remember what they did with cavalry.Their artillery deployed,not in thew optimal location(it was shooting buildings) and generally safe.I ask for BAI when it defence more supporting and reenforcing when in danger,also no overspreading their lines should be kept together

The naval battle was very bad!almost BAI seem dump.First of all 20 minutes in naval is unplayable.Look at the pic they can turn,they have the wind with them and they dont they sit they keeping line astern formation.
    Also Three decker ships(second rates+) caught fire very easily,bomb ketches are weak.

About CAI i remind austria is superpower keeps 10 full stacks in poland/konicberg sitting.I have emabrked and captured netherlands to make a diversion they dont seem to care they didnt move not a stack to reenforce plus their navy only blockades and doesnt hit us.I Can capture flanders,cologne and paris and they dont reenforce nor attack me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg   n4.jpg   n5.jpg  

They will never remove those 10 stacks from their ally. Even if you are besieging their last city.

why?This is dump at least they could attck me with all their army.Ai has become passive after 100 turns,and thats bad,they dont move