Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    tried to play a battle with 20 min limit AND NTW DEATH ANIM off! reenforcements arrived faster,almost instantly and generally BATTLE WAS ASTONISHING BETTER!FANTASTIC.it was like dmuc 6.9 old battles.Shocked how time limit can change the BAI.want to test more + rep to alhoon
    Hmmm... so, since I want easier sieges and not lighting strikes, you say I should put the time limit to 60 mins? I played sieges with 20 min limit (unlike battles that I go 40 or 60) so that I could hold the city for just enough to win by timer. And I almost lost twice...
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

I recorded one of my battles this weekend. Please compare the BAI of that with yours, perhaps my DME isnt working correctly?
    I do not use any submods or additional mods.
    The enemy needs much time to concentrate his forces and moves a bit weird in my opinion. To the end, they form randomly defensive squares without any reason. I play this battle pretty passive to see how the BAI works.

Last edited by Phildor; April 07, 2013 at 05:54 AM.

Prussian campaign, H/H, no submod.

My impression about the BAI is quite good. I had in particulary a battle against Saxons that was looking like a real battle. Some others are more awkward, but comparing to vanilla, it is an amazing work.

What I like the most is that AI is reacting: when I try to flank the AI main body, it answers with sending one unit or two to counter the flanking. Very good!

Maratha always disapear very early: perhpas it should be interesting to abandon the half-strenghts Marathas mod...

Quote Originally Posted by Phildor View Post
    I recorded one of my battles this weekend. Please compare the BAI of that with yours, perhaps my DME isnt working correctly?
    I do not use any submods or additional mods.
    The enemy needs much time to concentrate his forces and moves a bit weird in my opinion. To the end, they form randomly defensive squares without any reason. I play this battle pretty passive to see how the BAI works.

You use other sound or effects mod that changes projectiles and conflicts with DarthMod settings. You ruin that way DarthMod balance and gameplay.

I have no other mods or changes installed. If that's the case, I will reinstall my Empire and DME. That would explain why the whole campaign is somewhat weird, thanks you looked into it.

Notify me if you can how it is afterwards. Remember that in your game "Data" folder you should not have other mod packs unless you know what they do and you are comfortable with them.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Some CAI feedback according to my Polish campaign on H/M difficulty , 3 turns/year :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The pic shows pretty much I think.After only 21 turns the Europe has changed drastically.AI is agressive and attack without hesitation - for example I was forced to sign a peace treaty with Prussia to survive even when I had 2 full stack armies - I mean maybe I could win this but it would be a great risk considering 3 or 4 full enemy armies crossing my borders after they annihilated my ally - Austria in something like 5-6 turns It was great - really great beginning of my campaign - so realistic and unpredictible.In the end I won in fact - I've captured rich East Prussia and lost poor West Prussia.What really suprprised me in the most positive way was the Ottoman invasion of Russia in the first few turns - finally they sended many armies through Balkans - and it's still happening - Ottomans are finnally defending their european possessions They made one unlogical mistake however - after capturing Ukraine , they left Kiev undefended and lost it to rebels - which was like a miracle for me Summing up - CAI with the latest patch is working really good if not fantastic.Of course there are always a coincidences that are making a lot of changes in the campaign - raising or slowing the action down for example but by the way AI acts I'm sure that those only 21 turns so far were really clever CAI behaviour - making decisions and using enemy weaknesses without hesitation.
    Last edited by Skillreaver; April 09, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

I play with Dagestan, I have plenty of trade ports open but my ships don't generate trade at all.
    I haven't modded Dagestan significantly (just gave them Mameluks and Sipahides and removed 1st rates)
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

I followed alhoon's advice and found what was interfearing with BAI.
    IT WAS THE TIME LIMIT!!! I SET battle time limit to 20 minutes and tata... reenforcements arrive quickly battles are much better either if Ai is in defence or in attack position!The only bad habbit from defence battle that insists is the lazy infantry reserve standing behind a wall and doesnt move no matter what.
    I suggest to set 20 minutes for land,40 minutes for naval(because of against wind),and 20 or 40 min for sieges.THIS SHOULD BECOME A PREINSTALL HINT FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY.
    The only mods i use are thr ones of the launcher i dont think them to affect the balance.Ottoman realism should be integrated now that is ready.
    I insist on rechecking the rebalance of major nations,especially the colonial major nations.Some of them lose very easily
    4 pictures
    1)when city is full of units and ai or human creates some more,they are appeared inside the city and cant be moved!I had this and had to disband and ai the same.
    2)missionaries of austria get lazy inside churches
    3)ai allied navy doesnt engage the swedish blockers in their port.I moved toward them and didnt come as reenforcements nor attcked them even though they have ships
    4)enemy army invading i have some troops in the fort and didnt appear an engagement message.Seems ai to neglect forts made by human.You should increase the forts guard radius so that you guard board areas more efficiently.The sneaked inside and my troops were sitting.I made the fort to guard the area.
    One more thing minor nation that dont have school should prefer to make one if the get a new city.The get spawned gentlemen sitting inside their town.these gentleme cant be used to steal because they dont have an educational building.
    I want more naval replenishmnet if possible
    I want to test more the moving position of AI in battles and the region trading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   5.jpg  

I followed alhoon's advice and found what was interfearing with BAI.
    IT WAS THE TIME LIMIT!!! I SET battle time limit to 20 minutes and tata... reenforcements arrive quickly battles are much better either if Ai is in defence or in attack position!The only bad habbit from defence battle that insists is the lazy infantry reserve standing behind a wall and doesnt move no matter what.
    I suggest to set 20 minutes for land,40 minutes for naval(because of against wind),and 20 or 40 min for sieges.THIS SHOULD BECOME A PREINSTALL HINT FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE IT AFFECTS GAMEPLAY.
    The only mods i use are thr ones of the launcher i dont think them to affect the balance.Ottoman realism should be integrated now that is ready.
    I insist on rechecking the rebalance of major nations,especially the colonial major nations.Some of them lose very easily
    4 pictures
    1)when city is full of units and ai or human creates some more,they are appeared inside the city and cant be moved!I had this and had to disband and ai the same.
    2)missionaries of austria get lazy inside churches
    3)ai allied navy doesnt engage the swedish blockers in their port.I moved toward them and didnt come as reenforcements nor attcked them even though they have ships
    4)enemy army invading i have some troops in the fort and didnt appear an engagement message.Seems ai to neglect forts made by human.You should increase the forts guard radius so that you guard board areas more efficiently.The sneaked inside and my troops were sitting.I made the fort to guard the area.
    One more thing minor nation that dont have school should prefer to make one if the get a new city.The get spawned gentlemen sitting inside their town.these gentleme cant be used to steal because they dont have an educational building.
    I want more naval replenishmnet if possible
    I want to test more the moving position of AI in battles and the region trading.
    If that is the case then wouldnt it be possible to make the AI behave like it is 20 mins all the time?

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by toshiroash View Post
    If that is the case then wouldnt it be possible to make the AI behave like it is 20 mins all the time?
    Cant understand what you mean by this sentence

I reverted Empire to vanilla via launcher, uninstalled Darthmod, and browsed the folders for other remaining stuff. Then I checked with steam for fileintegrity and reinstalled Darthmod from a fresh download file + final patch.

Started a new 40 unit campaign with Prussia but encountered a bug I haven't seen. After my first battle (Poland-Lituania declared war, and I used that opportunity to engange West-Prussia) some of my units changed weirdly.
    One of my generals got 300 men, a cavarly unit about too, and even one of my artillery units. I made some screenshots:

Since nobody else had this issues as far as I ve seen, I suppose my installation is wrecked again. Sadly I have no clue what to do else, never had problems with installation or setup.

Moderator Emeritus

Well, it's not that this hasn't been encountered in the past Phildor. Occasionally some players get this, especially in the late era.
    It's... kinda nice to get 400 cuirassiers.

I suggest to set 20 minutes for land,40 minutes for naval(because of against wind),and 20 or 40 min for sieges.
    It is possible to do this in a campaign? I'm not sure...I think it is the same time limit for all the battles.

So how it is with a time limit of 40 min? or 60?
    Because 20 min for naval battles is not enough in my opinion...

Could you try with 40 min limit and tell us your impression?

Moderator Emeritus

You can change the time limit before each battle.

In a campaign? are you sure?

However, do you think that a battle limit of 40 minutes will make the BAI worse? Or it is just a question of battle limit on/off?

Moderator Emeritus

No idea about the 40 minutes. Anyway, to change the time limit (which I do more or less before every battle), you go to options and ... change the time limit.

Icon9 Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

But obviously, changing the time limit affects only the siege battles. I tried yesterday a battle with 20 min time limit, but no changes. Cavalry attacked first (P 1,3,4), artillery did nothing but move around (P 2), and infantry moved back, until they found out, that my supporting army was in their back. Than they turned around (again) and moved in the other direction, until they found out, that my main army attacked form there, aso. My armies encountered the enemy in the middle of the map and then the AI was overwhelmed because there was no way to move back (P 7). So they stand on one spot in the middle of the map and fired somehow (no fire by rank). Cannons started firing from minute 5, when most of the cavalry was down and they had no way to go (P 6).

After this setback I don't want to test battles anymore , because it is futile. BAI is broken. Until Darth creates a new Patch, I'm done with Empire. Sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-12_00001.jpg   2013-04-12_00002.jpg   2013-04-12_00003.jpg   2013-04-12_00004.jpg   2013-04-12_00005.jpg  

2013-04-12_00006.jpg   2013-04-12_00007.jpg   2013-04-12_00008.jpg  
    Last edited by Krebskandidat; April 12, 2013 at 03:50 AM.

I played a last custom battle. This battle was really not bad and completely different to the battles in the campaign. I saw only one big problem... the general stood beside my troops and got killed very soon.

Nevertheless the campaign counts and so I stay to my opinion DM is at this moment not enjoyable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-04-12_00009.jpg   2013-04-12_00010.jpg  

Moderator Emeritus

I don't know what's the problem in your game Kreb. I don't have any such problems. In my games, the cavalry sometimes attacks early. Most of the time it attacks at the right time.