Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Default DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Your opinion matters.
    Place it below.

Please do not post technical issues here-use the support forum instead.
    Requests for support here are highly likely to be ignored.

DarthMod Empire: Installation & Technical Support

Default Re: DarthMod Empire v8.0.1 Platinum Feedback (READ FIRST POST)

Darth, very nice patch! I have been a fan of your work forever. But one flaw that I have seen, the Ottoman turn lag is even worse. I can't even get through a single turn now without Empire freezing. It is a true game breaker.... Hopefully you can get it fixed.
    Have a good day,
    TotalWarBuff
    John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalWarAuthority

hello Darth, Mitsmann from Athens here, heh.

Havent played yet a campaign game, played a custom battle to see how it looks like.

What I saw was that in some certain moments units (usually running) were somewhat "gliding" on the field, kinda like "surfing" on the sea.

I will play also a campaign game now and provide feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalWarBuff View Post
    Darth, very nice patch! I have been a fan of your work forever. But one flaw that I have seen, the Ottoman turn lag is even worse. I can't even get through a single turn now without Empire freezing. It is a true game breaker.... Hopefully you can get it fixed.
    Have a good day,
    TotalWarBuff
    Yeap me too !

First of all, this has to be the best ETW mod EVER but I encountered one bug so far. During naval battles some of my men that jump when they board ships jump through the ships. Same thing when my men jump back to my ship. Still the best ETW mod out there and can't wait for the new NTW patch!!!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

New patch tested in custom battle; it works better than last ones. No melee obsession standing with the british against marchin sikh musketeeers units. and not suicide cavalry. Rep incoming, sir

First, I want to thank you for the patch. It's great as always !

But I still have a problem with Dagestan. It would seem that the protectorate thing is still happening for me as you can see in the picture:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dagestan seems to have three protectorates: Bavaria, Mysore and Italian States and it also had Maratha Confederacy before it was eliminated. I checked and the patch was installed correctly. Even checked the file DME_darthmod.pack and is from 20/03/2013.

Rumble's Avatar Laetus

I've played the Uprising campaign. But I have a question, Could there be a campaign with the full map of america of Warpath+ The world map campaign like Late and Early campaign?

Rumble

BAI is now very lazy. They don't attack me and move backwards until the reach the battlefield borders. Artillery doesn't deploy and stands anywhere on the map (as you can see the picture). I can attack and wipe them out very easily because nobody defends them. I hope Sir_Aggelos_GRs idea with the testing team will work better than asking the community and wish you good luck for the following patch but now the BAI is not very entertaining. Sorry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-03-22_00001.jpg  

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Havent seen anything like that so far.I have started a new campaign as russia VH/vH(with subs 1.5) have playeyd a very good siege as defender.I recieved reneforcments they camr into the fort and joined my forces on the walls.
    I have played some small battle ai was defending well,i pulling back and watching his flank but still havent seen the things you say.Do you play a new campaign or continuing a older one?

Thanks to the team for the great work on 8.0.1 and v8 in general. Love the mod. Only thing is still with the Ottoman lag. I tend to use it as time to get up and stretch my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Aggelos_GR View Post
    Havent seen anything like that so far.I have started a new campaign as russia VH/vH(with subs 1.5) have playeyd a very good siege as defender.I recieved reneforcments they camr into the fort and joined my forces on the walls.
    I have played some small battle ai was defending well,i pulling back and watching his flank but still havent seen the things you say.Do you play a new campaign or continuing a older one?
    First I played a custom battle Sweden/Britain H/H and the BAI did not much. They used light infantry to set their pale traps and then nothing. But artillery deployed and fired at me. I defeated them very easily because my artillery was superior and so I did nothing than shoot at them until they fled.

Second battle was in a new Road to Independence-Campaign 3 act (H/H again). Again the infantry did nothing as you can see on the radar card of my picture. The battle line was in the beginning there, where the cannons are now. Then the infantry moved back and waited. Cavalry attacked. Cannons did nothing (had the same problem in the Beta and reported it).

I don't use any Mods. This is a pure, fresh installed DM 8.0.1 Mod without any changes. Perhaps it has something to do with the difficulty. I will try it on VH/VH. Perhaps it will get better than. So far, no Ottoman Lag yet.

PS: By the way I changed a little thing in the startpos.esf of the RoI-C (technology from the late campaign). But I don't think this has any effect on the BAI, because BAI in the custom battle was not much better.

As i had said, i started a new campaign to test the new DME 8.0.1.My settings are the following
    Short Campaign playing as Russia 4tpy VH/VH with subs mod 1.5(polish units v2,ntw effects,death anim,causa belli on).Artillery x2,grenades,trails,weather and long adress on
    The first 10 turns nothing special campaign seems well with ai taking up reasonable decisions nothing to report.
    First battle happened in turn 12 if i remember right,I attack the swedish forces in ingria(st petersburg) the city doesnt have walls it has a 10+ unit army.
    I have superior army and they defend.Problems started from the beggining of the battle as you can see in the first 2 pics.They send their cavalry to me major mistake.They lost valuable forces and flank covering.
    They infantry stayed back moving to the side in mixed rebelish formation.They artilery moved too not firing 2-3 that it could.Their cavalry charge failed,i regrouped and marched towards them.By the time i reached 200 feet from them they got alerted deployed lines and fired their artillery(pics 3,4).Their formation was compact and difficult to break.There was a problem though,they dont have cavalry supporting their flanks.Piece of cake for my i outflanked them with my cav and infantry they were forced to turn weakening their position in the centre.Game OVER.
    I generally like when ai defending to stay back.But when staying back in defence should keep all his forces deployed, and especially cannon, as it did when we came close to him.Ai could also move a little bit forward to induce an attack from human.This mean it will deploy a little bit forward not to the side.I dont like ai moving to the side unless its for a reason(a flanking attack or something).Moving to the side means it will mix up regiments.This is bad because you can target them with cannons and if you have carcass a successfull shot could kill units from many regiments.Regiments should have 10 meter space between them and not changing position.If a flanking attack to the left happens regiment/s that is/are to the left should turn and deal,whereas regiments from the centre and the right MUST NOT TURN.To sum up when ai turning seems to alter all his deployment.Also he tends to gather all his forces in small areas while ai should spread out

Some more ideas about ai deployment i have seen is some custum battles ai starts in dense formations,gathered in small areas and has to move to make his lines.I have played a 4vs4 battle and ai in the begging started in merged mobs and not in clear formation.It seems ai to start like when receiving reenforcements(all forces together).Can you try to make ai use a custum formation among those a human can use(when grouping), to see how it goes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SWEDEN4.jpg   SWEDEN2.jpg   SWEDEN1.jpg   SWDEN3.jpg  
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 24, 2013 at 05:46 AM.

I Have the latest patch all thing updated and i still having Dagestan Problem. Turn its year 1702 and Dagestan has 5 protoctares

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit`` View Post
    I Have the latest patch all thing updated and i still having Dagestan Problem. Turn its year 1702 and Dagestan has 5 protoctares

And i started a new campaign. sorry for posting twice

Dagestan's protectorates seem to be a minor bug.
    Played one more battle AI on defence position again.Couldnt find a good spot on the battle it was terrible.!
    Ai moved back all his forces and his cannons cavalry stayed with them.Cannons are slower and fall 30 meters behind infantry.I sent 2 cavalry units to their cannons.When they reached 200 meters from cannons i see ai moving his cavalry towards me(3 regiments) i pull back they follow me and they stupiditly attack my infantry lines losing all 3 units.I move my infantry towards them reaching 100 meters 50 meters nothing they had form a small line with infantry and artillery in the centre( still packed) no moving from infantry and artillery i charge with melee and take them down.Behind them they had a second line of infantry sitting in 100 meters distance dont even dare to move forward and fire.I charge them too and win an easily battle.Ai defence seems broken and faulty and VERY VERY EASY.
    They dont defend well.they 1)waste cavalry instead of keeping,dont fire artillery,and dont use all infantry when engaged in melee.Needs to be fixed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prussia2.jpg   prussia1.jpg  

ok just started a new campaign, and encountered a bug, i shipped a gentlemen to a port, then clicked for him to disembark, he went poof, no where to be found.

Played one more battle AI on defence position again.Couldnt find a good spot on the battle it was terrible.!
    Ai moved back all his forces and his cannons cavalry stayed with them.Cannons are slower and fall 30 meters behind infantry.I sent 2 cavalry units to their cannons.When they reached 200 meters from cannons i see ai moving his cavalry towards me(3 regiments) i pull back they follow me and they stupiditly attack my infantry lines losing all 3 units.I move my infantry towards them reaching 100 meters 50 meters nothing they had form a small line with infantry and artillery in the centre( still packed) no moving from infantry and artillery i charge with melee and take them down.Behind them they had a second line of infantry sitting in 100 meters distance dont even dare to move forward and fire.I charge them too and win an easily battle.Ai defence seems broken and faulty and VERY VERY EASY.
    They dont defend well.they 1)waste cavalry instead of keeping,dont fire artillery,and dont use all infantry when engaged in melee.Needs to be fixed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prussia2.jpg  

Ai moved back all his forces and his cannons cavalry stayed with them.Cannons are slower and fall 30 meters behind infantry.I sent 2 cavalry units to their cannons.When they reached 200 meters from cannons i see ai moving his cavalry towards me(3 regiments) i pull back they follow me and they stupiditly attack my infantry lines losing all 3 units.I move my infantry towards them reaching 100 meters 50 meters nothing they had form a small line with infantry and artillery in the centre( still packed) no moving from infantry and artillery i charge with melee and take them down.Behind them they had a second line of infantry sitting in 100 meters distance dont even dare to move forward and fire.I charge them too and win an easily battle.Ai defence seems broken and faulty and VERY VERY EASY.this is only in ai on defence havent tested ai's attack yetClick image for larger version. 

Name:	prussia2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	545.3 KB 
ID:	272763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prussia1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	272764
    Last edited by Sir_Aggelos_GR; March 24, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

For you it is, but players like me that spend more time in campaign than Battles its a major bug. ruins the game.

And Darth now England and spain declared war on dagestan. Dagestan's protactores destoyed only italian states and mysore remains.

By the way i think you try to balance Austria-Prussia and Maratha-Mughal Power Balance. In vanilla it was prussia and maratha always upper hand in the wars but in DarthMod. Maratha is collapses in first 10 turns.Then all other nations in india(except persian some times) Mughal gets to all indian regions.

And Prussia is losing to austria always. İn my last game prussia went to barbaric states when austria take their capital.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast