Thread: Renaissance Era/Pike and Shot Version of RBBAI

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Renaissance Era/Pike and Shot Version of RBBAI

After my experience with RBBAI and other BAIs for a few years in large and small mods I am convinced that RBBAI stands above the rest. However, the focus of RBBAI and almost all M2TW BAI mods is to represent medieval warfare as accurately as the game engine allows.

This goal however doesn't not take into account the change to a different type of warfare especially in Europe in the late 15th century and on. The way that the AI treats infantry and missile troops for medieval warfare has a substantially negative effect on the performance of the AI with pike and shot armies. Missile troops deploy too close to the enemy, infantry walks in the path of the gunners as if they were archers and could shoot over them, very little if any skirmishing before melee infantry rushes in, and a few more issues.

In 1648 -Thirty Years of War (a renaissance era mod located here, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...y-Years-of-War) this has become even more noticeable. As well as the aforementioned mod it occurs in late SS campaigns and other mods that include pike and shot warfare.

Would you consider creating a version of RBBAI specifically for pike and shot warfare?
    Last edited by Judeman266; April 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Renaissance Era/Pike and Shot Version of RBBAI

Please consider doing it, if it possible. I'd especially like to see For King or Country: The English Civil War compatible BAI.

Default Re: Renaissance Era/Pike and Shot Version of RBBAI

Yeah, for both.