Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    My 3.0 mod crashes anytime I try to start a campaign. I had the 2.0 mod installed and it worked fine and I did not have any other mods. I can play the historical battles all the way through with no problem. Its only when I select a race in the campaign menu and then click the start campaign button that the game crashes. The worst part is I have already followed the steps in known crashes and campaign still doesn't work.
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Did you delete map.rwm file in ../Rome - Total War\alexander\lotrtw/data/world/maps/base folder?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I want to thank you ElvenKind a lot! I did what you said and showed for Third Age total war to the letter, as well as uninstall and clean install everything, and FINALLY I got the mod to work and as I thought the mod is fantastic, but I just want to thank you for that if you ever see this message of course. Also thank you to the mod makers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by dxeka1994 View Post
    I want to thank you ElvenKind a lot! I did what you said and showed for Third Age total war to the letter, as well as uninstall and clean install everything, and FINALLY I got the mod to work and as I thought the mod is fantastic, but I just want to thank you for that if you ever see this message of course. Also thank you to the mod makers in general.
    Enjoy the game.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thank you very much ElvenKind for sharing here the solution, I'll copy it to our installation topic if you agree.
    This problem was affecting to many people, and I didn't know what to suggest. I guess your guide will prevent most of those issues.

Hello, it's me again i was wondering if anyone could give me exact instructions on how to fix the Free peoples bug, because I have finally encountered them in my first game, and my game keeps crashing and I tried the fix mentioned earlier but there seems to be some confusion amongst some members as to how to fix it exactly. If the instructions are in a different section of the forum please point me there. Thanks in advance!

My fault, I should have shared a quick fix for this some time ago, but I have been busy with other things, sorry.
    The suggestion to copy and rename the related texture (as explained in the first post of this topic) is not a definitive solution but should avoid most of the crashes.
    I hope I can share the proper fix this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Thank you very much ElvenKind for sharing here the solution, I'll copy it to our installation topic if you agree.
    This problem was affecting to many people, and I didn't know what to suggest. I guess your guide will prevent most of those issues.
    No problem glad to help out.
    One thing: Editing of Security for your main RTW folder needs to be done BEFORE installing submod, that way you are safe from Virtual store isues.

If you edit the security AFTER installing a submod, then you need to: Edit Security, unhide hidden folders and check the Virtual Store for RTW folder and delete it if it is there. And after that, reinstall submod.

Thank you ElvenKind.
    I'll update our forum with this info when I find some time. Until then, I simply placed a link to your guide.

I have finished a minor bugfix patch that needs to be tested:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...P-Bugfix-v3-01
    I'll make an official release when properly tested.

Icon1 Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Hi guys I have a problem thas has been pretty recent. My game during battle ( either in campaign or in custom battle ) crashes after maybe 1 minute after the start of the battle and I wonder if you have any tip to help me. It doesn't happen when its like a small battle but once its a fairly big one (like fields of pellenor) it happens again. I had none of these issues before. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times and nothing has changed. Any help ?? Sorry for my english btw, french is my birth language

Quote Originally Posted by LordTywin View Post
    Hi guys...crashes after maybe 1 minute after the start of the battle ...once its a fairly big one (like fields of pellenor
    This has happened to me too because I was playing on an older laptop with a none too quick CPU.

Have you tried changing up the video settings (reduce them all to low or lowest)?
    If that helps you'll find that most of the video quality settings can pretty safely be set at their lowest and you'll hardly notice. I have vegetation detail, effects detail, and terrain detail all at high, unit detail at med, and pretty much everything else either low or off (shadows and water in particular seem to make a big difference that you'll hardly miss). The game still looks great and runs much much quicker.

ok I'll try but i don't think it could be the problem because i have a pretty high end desktop and as i mentioned, i ran it really smoothly before. Thanks anyway i will try your advice !

Well I have tried tuning my settings down but that didn't change anything... that's sad , I crave killing some orcs

If it happens in every battle, it really looks like some issue related to video settings. I'd suggest to try to enable/disable the widescreen option, verify that shaders are enabled, and verify that screen resolution is the same than the resolution of your display.
    If it does not work, try to reset all settings to default, for example by deleting the preferences.txt file placed in the lotrtw folder:
    Rome - Total War\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt

Or copy the preferences.txt file from another rtw installation or mod that is working right for you.

So, I installed Lotr-Tw 2.0, 3.0 and the patch 3.02, but everytime I try to play with Galadhrim, Noldor and Silvan Elves, I get a CTD, no error, just the common one RTW-ALX has stopped working.

Edit : Nevermind, fixed it !
    Last edited by LordofDead; September 29, 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Kaetan's Avatar Laetus

when you play as Gondor, it is often such a mistake.

most often when the fighting is in Osgiliath

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If it happens in every battle, it really looks like some issue related to video settings. I'd suggest to try to enable/disable the widescreen option, verify that shaders are enabled, and verify that screen resolution is the same than the resolution of your display.
    If it does not work, try to reset all settings to default, for example by deleting the preferences.txt file placed in the lotrtw folder:
    Rome - Total War\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt

Or copy the preferences.txt file from another rtw installation or mod that is working right for you.
    Well I tried those tips and none of them are working. I unistalled rome total war (Alexander and BI included) and nothing has changed. Also, once I reinstall everything, all my saved games are still here even if i made sure that any files related to RTW, expansions and any other mods are deleted. Is there any way to uninstall everything ? Because im starting to think that there is maybe a corrupt file somewhere.

Its pretty frustrating because this mod was my favorite of all time for RTW and now since 3.0 it crashes at every battle. It was the most stable mod ever before all those problems . If anyone has any other tips, it will be a pleasure to try them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTywin View Post
    Also, once I reinstall everything, all my saved games are still here even if i made sure that any files related to RTW, expansions and any other mods are deleted. Is there any way to uninstall everything ? Because im starting to think that there is maybe a corrupt file somewhere.
    Yea, if saved games are still there after reinstalling probably things have been missed. If you're to the point of complete uninstalls try this:
    1. Uninstall RTW and expansions
    2. Delete the RTW root folder (either "Rome Total War" or "The Creative Assembly" or something of that nature in your Program Files folder
    3. Empty trash/recycle bin
    4. Restart your computer
    5. Reinstall RTW + Expansions, LotRTW, then Patch 3.02
    6. Hopefully then play!

Got a couple of minor bugs I think.
    1. Looks like the Barad Dur tower has replaced any other large+ settlements in the distance on battle map (I've noticed specificailly that Minas Tirith and Dol Guldur seem to have been replaced).

2. Had a non-CTD bug generate while trying to load a captured Southron settlement that had recently built elvish walls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 - Minas Tirith.jpg   2. Error.png  

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Yea, if saved games are still there after reinstalling probably things have been missed. If you're to the point of complete uninstalls try this:
    1. Uninstall RTW and expansions
    2. Delete the RTW root folder (either "Rome Total War" or "The Creative Assembly" or something of that nature in your Program Files folder
    3. Empty trash/recycle bin
    4. Restart your computer
    5. Reinstall RTW + Expansions, LotRTW, then Patch 3.02
    6. Hopefully then play!
    Damn it, i unistalled ONCE AGAIN everything , made sure ( and i mean ABSOLUTLY sure) that nothing was left from my last istallation of RTW with ALX and BI , restarted 3 times my computer just to make sure, and again my saved games were there and the same f*&??%ing CTD crash was there. I got desperate and bought the total collection on DVD from amazon. My game was something i downloaded free from torrent so i think maybe buying the real thing will probably help. It's funny cause on my older laptop on which i used the same torrent, everything worked perfectly.

The other mod i played ( SPQR mod ) also ran without any problem on my older laptop and new desktop so i guess i did something wrong or there is a corrupt file preventing me from playing this wonderful LOTRTW mod. Now with a real copy , this problem won't happen again. Thank you guys for any tip you provided me. For now i will enjoy SPQR and destroy the greek faction until I can defend Gondor once again from Sauron's minions

Well I'm stumped... You did make a point to delete the RTW root folder before re-installing right?
    I wonder, is SPQR completely mod-foldered? If it isn't and you have both mods installed at the same time, that could cause problems although it wouldn't keep the save games.