Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

I'm sorry to see many people with this problem to run the campaign. I still do not know if it is the same problem, or different issues that cause the same CTD at start of campaign.
    I'm glad you finally solved it, and I thank you for the detailed procedure that worked for you.

If I have time this summer, I'll try to make a bugfix patch, and to repack the whole mod into one single package.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I'm sorry to see many people with this problem to run the campaign. I still do not know if it is the same problem, or different issues that cause the same CTD at start of campaign.
    I honestly think it is windows user account permissions that is causing most of these problems. Least we forget, windows is designed by retards to be retarded, requiring users to regularly update to the most recent retarded release of windows.

I recall that EB gave detailed instructions about not installing into a protected folder like program files... so might not need a whole re patch, just a few added advice to the readme.txt ?
    Last edited by CaliGen; July 06, 2013 at 06:05 AM.

Tiro

My remarks:

- After human player or AI takes any settlement, it's population drops to 400. Is it supposed to be so?;
    - No female family member faces (instead of that I see Noldor faction symbol);
    - Age is named "rank" (maybe that's how it should be);
    - All born family members remain of rank equal to 0 (they don't grow).

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrius View Post
    My remarks:

- After human player or AI takes any settlement, it's population drops to 400. Is it supposed to be so?;
    - No female family member faces (instead of that I see Noldor faction symbol);
    - Age is named "rank" (maybe that's how it should be);
    - All born family members remain of rank equal to 0 (they don't grow).
    I understand that points 1, 3 and 4 are all intentional

Ok, I should probably rather write this here. I am playing Hot Seat currently, and the ruins can be repaired, despite their description saying otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandermatt View Post
    Ok, I should probably rather write this here. I am playing Hot Seat currently, and the ruins can be repaired, despite their description saying otherwise.
    There seems to be option to repair them, but for v little cost and they will never actually be repaired. They always stay as damaged building no matter how many times you put them as a repair in the construction queue

Ruins are an special building created to give extra bonuses to the AI factions, in order to make the campaign harder.
    You are right that they could be repaired in hot-seat mod due to the limitations of this script. I suggest to simply use the "house rule" to avoid reapairing them, else you will get the same bonuses than the AI.
    Last edited by Bardo; July 15, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGen View Post
    I understand that points 1, 3 and 4 are all intentional
    Ok, now I see the purpose of it. But in this case, maybe there should be no adoption events in this mod (if born family members can't grow up)? In oder to reduce growth rate characters could get trait of lesser fertility.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    My guess is you're running into the missing texture file "zunit_bree_townguard.tga"
    Try this:
    1. Go into the folder "...\Rome - Total War\alexander\lotrtw\data\models_unit\textures" and find "zunit_townguard.TGA.dds" then make a copy
    2. Rename the copy of "zunit_townguard.TGA.dds" to "zunit_bree_townguard.TGA.dds" and then try to reload the savegame causing the crash.
    3. Does this solve the problem?
    This worked like a charm to fix most of the crashes with FreePeoples, but I still get an occasional crash during the loading screen for battles against the FreePeoples as the load bar is about 3/4 full. I suspect it is another unit besides the Townguards that causes the problem. Based on trial and error, and noting which FreePeople stacks cause crashes during my Noldor campaign and which ones do not, I am guessing that it is either the Town Marshall unit, the Bree Militia unit, or the Rangers of the North unit (not general). Another guess: something to do with an attack by a FreePeople stack against one of my stacks which includes another FreePeople stack (reinforcements), which caused a crash several times except once (when I attacked Coldfells and a small reinforcement stack was next to the city...perhaps it matters if I attack as opposed to the AI attacking me). But my first guess is that some unit or units are causing the problem. CapnDan, or someone more knowledgeable with programming than myself, I wonder if you could look into this and tell me what the Town Marshall unit, etc. is supposed to be named in the files and folders and whatnot. Thank you!

I'm working on a bugfix patch that will include the fix related to bree militia.
    If there is another wrong texture, it must be related to units that can be recruited by other factions, for example rangers of the north or hobbits. I'll check the rest of free-people units just in case.

There is a known RTW bug that happens when the army inside a city participates in a battles as reinforcments and they are destroyed. Could it be what you describe in your case?

I'm working on a bugfix patch that will include the fix related to bree militia.
    If there is another wrong texture, it must be related to units that can be recruited by other factions, for example rangers of the north or hobbits. I'll check the rest of free-people units just in case.

There is a known RTW bug that happens when the army inside a city participates in a battles as reinforcments and they are destroyed. Could it be what you describe in your case?
    After more trial and error, I am almost sure that it is the Town Marshall unit that causes the problem, not the bree militia or the hobbits or the rangers of the north. This probably explains all the crash incidents too, since each of those battles contained at least one Town Marshall unit.

I don't know how to do this myself, but I suspect that a similar fix to the Townguard unit is what is needed for my Town Marshall unit.

I have been testing all free-peoples units and the only one that caused crashes for me was the Townguards.
    Town Marshall works perfect to me (this one is available in custom battles and it is easier to verify).

I guess the problem is that the suggested quick-fix for Townguards is not a full fix, because the sprite (far model) is still missing, and because it forces two different units to share the same texture (townguards and bree militia), so one of them will look wrong.

I'll share the proper fix as soon as possible.

I have been reading this whole thread again and I have not found any other reported bug that I know how to fix. I think (and hope) that most of the reports are related to problems with installation.
    My current bugfix patch includes only this fix to Townguards, fixed spanish traduction, and some changes to make the campaign more challenging. I'll see if I can include something from the "comments and suggestions" topic.

I know this statement may seem counter=productive, but i just wanted to add my two cents that I downloaded installed, and tried to play this patch for the first time ever. It is doing the crashing thing everyone is talking about, and so i uninstalled everything as recommended but still it crashes, I only wish to say this because I hope someone finds a way to fix this soon. I have never played this mod and I am really itching to try, so yeah that's all I wanted to say.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I find it very strange to see all those people complain about crashes and such . I have been playing different versions of the mod for the past 6 or more years and i have almost never had any crashes and problems.I find the last version especially stable - i don't recall any crashes on it . I can only say - good job to everyone who were involved in the mod !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

I have been testing all free-peoples units and the only one that caused crashes for me was the Townguards.
    Town Marshall works perfect to me (this one is available in custom battles and it is easier to verify).

I guess the problem is that the suggested quick-fix for Townguards is not a full fix, because the sprite (far model) is still missing, and because it forces two different units to share the same texture (townguards and bree militia), so one of them will look wrong.

I'll share the proper fix as soon as possible.
    Thank you! That will be great!

For me, I know that my Town Marshall unit, specifically, is also messed up; could you tell me what the Town Marshall file name is supposed to be, so that I can check it? Like what was done with the previous posts about the Townguard unit?

Thanks again!

Well despite the fact that some do not receive any issues with this mod I am one of the apparent few that are not being allowed to play, as I said I select a faction and press the button to go to the map and the game crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and deleted the corrupted files twice now, and the same result happens. I am sure that this is a great mod and I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I only wish to let my issues be heard so that hopefully someone will help to fix it and play what I think looks like an amazing mod. Hell i bought Alexander solely for this mod. So i really hope that someone can pinpoint what the issue is.

ok so i ran into that bug where the script goes inactive and winter shows up, i was able to get the script running again in the advised fashion but now my beautiful rohan game is stuck in winter any advice? as a side not im noticing that two settlements are causing a CTD every time i hit Occupy i assume its an issue with the script that causes the pop to be reduced by 50000 specific limilaith or what ever its called (the rohan town just south of caras galahdon) and one other one i believe framsburg, as for the first one it only happens if i wait out the siege, the second is untakeable at least by the goblins

ps: not noticing any other isses great work guys

Quote Originally Posted by dxeka1994 View Post
    Well despite the fact that some do not receive any issues with this mod I am one of the apparent few that are not being allowed to play, as I said I select a faction and press the button to go to the map and the game crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and deleted the corrupted files twice now, and the same result happens. I am sure that this is a great mod and I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I only wish to let my issues be heard so that hopefully someone will help to fix it and play what I think looks like an amazing mod. Hell i bought Alexander solely for this mod. So i really hope that someone can pinpoint what the issue is.
    Main cause of this problem seems to be the installation of the mod in a protected folder like \Program Files or \Documents and Settings.
    Try to copy the entire RTW folder, and paste it in a different folder where you have full read write file permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil232
    ok so i ran into that bug where the script goes inactive and winter shows up, i was able to get the script running again in the advised fashion but now my beautiful rohan game is stuck in winter any advice? as a side not im noticing that two settlements are causing a CTD every time i hit Occupy i assume its an issue with the script that causes the pop to be reduced by 50000 specific limilaith or what ever its called (the rohan town just south of caras galahdon) and one other one i believe framsburg, as for the first one it only happens if i wait out the siege, the second is untakeable at least by the goblins
    The winter should dissapear after you press end turn if the scripts are active.
    Other people have reported crashes at some settlement when they press ocuppy button, so there might be some bug, but I have been unable to find the exact cause.
    Could you test if you can reproduce the crash with scripts unactive? For example when you load the savegame and you do not click the portrait of the advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Louis_IX View Post
    Thank you! That will be great!
    For me, I know that my Town Marshall unit, specifically, is also messed up; could you tell me what the Town Marshall file name is supposed to be, so that I can check it? Like what was done with the previous posts about the Townguard unit?
    Thanks again!
    These are the related files for town marshall:
    texture alexander/lotrtw/data/models_unit/textures/zunit_marshall.tga
    model_flexi alexander/lotrtw/data/models_unit/zunit_marshall.CAS
    model_sprite alexander/lotrtw/data/sprites/marshall_sprite.spr

I confirm I see them with no problems in my version. I hope my patch fixes the problem for you too.
    Last edited by Bardo; July 30, 2013 at 04:33 PM.

Hi @ bardo.. Just to let you know that to avoid problems with installation in protected folders like Program Files.. there is a simple fix: Editing security of your main RTW folder.
    In my signature bellow, click on link called: EK's Install Thread, and steps needed to fix these kind of problems are( they are explained for Windows Vista, 7 and 8 Users, even Steam Users can do this- NOTE! Steam Users just need to edit the security for their main RTW folder, so they don`t need to unhide hidden folders and check VirtualStore for RTW folder and delete it ) :
    1.Edit security,
    2. unhide hidden folders,
    3.check VirtualStore for RTW folder and delete it.
    4.After that, just restart your PC, start original RTW once so that the data resources refresh, and that's it.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 15, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

My 3.0 mod crashes anytime I try to start a campaign. I had the 2.0 mod installed and it worked fine and I did not have any other mods. I can play the historical battles all the way through with no problem. Its only when I select a race in the campaign menu and then click the start campaign button that the game crashes. The worst part is I have already followed the steps in known crashes and campaign still doesn't work.