Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Hey i have inatalled the mod and the game was fine,when i installed the newest patch the campain keeps crashing and i have no idea why Help?

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    ok dont know if this is a bug or as intended , but do the the fellowship general bodyguards recover from thier lost at all ?

so far 100 turns in game and none of the fellowship ones have thier bodyguard replenished lol
    It is intended. They use elite bodyguards, and numbers are reduced to the minimum, so the general is the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaetan View Post
    excuse me for my english. Hello Bardo from USSR)))

When i`m play by Noldor, free people always attack me. and when i, turn tu battle game is ctd. i can`t fight no one battle against free people.
    Odd problem. I'm sorry, I have no idea what could be happening. Does anyone else have similar problems when fighting against free-peoples?

Quote Originally Posted by Urak-haiTrebuit View Post
    Hey i have inatalled the mod and the game was fine,when i installed the newest patch the campain keeps crashing and i have no idea why Help?
    What kind of crashes? when turn ends? when you fight a battle?
    If it crashes just at the start of a new campaign, there is a solution palced in the first post of this topic.

Now it's working but a strange thing happens to me family tree.

Playing the dwarves, I had a popup event saying "new honorific title", "Guild of Traders", checking the FM I saw nothing. But in the family tree he's married with that "guild of traders", and now having sons that also are reported as "honorific titles"...

veeeeeery odd

in the 3.0 version every time i start a new campaign it always crashes, what do i do to stop it from crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    Now it's working but a strange thing happens to me family tree.

Playing the dwarves, I had a popup event saying "new honorific title", "Guild of Traders", checking the FM I saw nothing. But in the family tree he's married with that "guild of traders", and now having sons that also are reported as "honorific titles"...

veeeeeery odd
    That's not a bug. As there is no aging in LotR: TW (thus your "babies" wouldn't grow up anyway), family trees and stuff would be disabled, but that's not directly possible per modding, so they had to be "hidden" someway. The result might seem weird at first, but on a second look it might become clear that there was just no other solution.
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by cesear View Post
    in the 3.0 version every time i start a new campaign it always crashes, what do i do to stop it from crashing
    cesear is it when you click the faction you want to play as and it ctds or is it when you just start on the campaign map?

Kaetan's Avatar Laetus

just del map.rwm.

it is when i click on the factions that i want to play with everytime it start to loads then it ctd

cesear, try this:
    1) CTD at the start of a new campaign, just when the campaign map appears. Caused by a corrupted "advice" file.
    It is fixed by removing these two files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\advice
    (don't worry, the game will generate a new one)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    cesear, try this:
    If that doesn't work try moving your rome total war folder outside of program files this worked for me because i had the same issue as soon as i picked the faction i wanted to play as it ctd, But when i moved my rome total war folder it started working

cesear, try this:
    If that doesn't work try moving your rome total war folder outside of program files this worked for me because i had the same issue as soon as i picked the faction i wanted to play as it ctd, But when i moved my rome total war folder it started working

im having the same problem with my installation. i deleted ...\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm and ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\advice but that doesnt seem to be working. i tried uninstalling and starting over several times as well but that isnt working either. any help would be much appreciated.

Hello everyone i got annoying problem with Free People of Eriador. When i want to fight with them on battle map, game got CTD. I dont have any problems with other fractions only with those guys. One interesting thing is when i played them i got same problem even if i only want to look on sattlement like Hobbiton or Bree on battlemap game still crashes to windows. Sorry for my english its terrible and thanks in advance for your help.

my game continues to crash after loading the campaign. i select a faction, it loads, then when the bar is full it ctds without a notice. i have deleted map.rwn and advice but that didnt work. i tried moving the folder out of program files but that didnt work. i have uninstalled lotr, alexander, and rome and reinstalled them several times but nothing seems to make any changes. it still crashes. i would very much like some advice from someone as im very much looking forward to playing 3.0. please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aron1221 View Post
    Hello everyone i got annoying problem with Free People of Eriador. When i want to fight with them on battle map, game got CTD. I dont have any problems with other fractions only with those guys. One interesting thing is when i played them i got same problem even if i only want to look on sattlement like Hobbiton or Bree on battlemap game still crashes to windows. Sorry for my english its terrible and thanks in advance for your help.
    Kaetan reported the same problem than you, but I have no idea of the possible cause. He is from USSR, could it be an uncompatibility of our mod with russian version of the game?? In which language is your game, Aron?

Quote Originally Posted by dookiejones924 View Post
    my game continues to crash after loading the campaign. i select a faction, it loads, then when the bar is full it ctds without a notice. i have deleted map.rwn and advice but that didnt work. i tried moving the folder out of program files but that didnt work. i have uninstalled lotr, alexander, and rome and reinstalled them several times but nothing seems to make any changes. it still crashes. i would very much like some advice from someone as im very much looking forward to playing 3.0. please help me!
    dookiejones, similar error have been reported by people who use windows7 or vista, when the game is installed in a folder without the needed read/write permissions. It happened to me once, and I solved it when I copied the whole rtw folder to a different location in the hard drive and then I still needed to change the read/write rights in that new folder. Running it as admin did not help for me.
    Does other mods work when you install them in the same game folder? Does vanilla AlexanderTW works for you (the one where this mod is installed)?

WARNING: THIS IS A TEST, I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS FOR ANYONE ELSE
    If anything works for you and you do not care to overwrite the original files of AlexanderTW, you can always try to COPY all the content of the mod folder:
    \alexander\lotrtw\data
    and to paste it in the main folder (overwriting everything)
    \alexander\data

After that, you will execute lotrtw the same way that you played AlexanderTW (with the original RomeTW-ALX.exe, do not use shortcuts).
    We needed to do it in order to play in Gameranger at first. The mod should work this way, but original AlexanderTW won't work until you reinstall it.
    Last edited by Bardo; April 08, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

dookiejones, similar error have been reported by people who use windows7 or vista, when the game is installed in a folder without the needed read/write permissions. It happened to me once, and I solved it when I copied the whole rtw folder to a different location in the hard drive and then I still needed to change the read/write rights in that new folder. Running it as admin did not help for me.
    Does other mods work when you install them in the same game folder? Does vanilla AlexanderTW works for you (the one where this mod is installed)?

WARNING: THIS IS A TEST, I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS FOR ANYONE ELSE
    If anything works for you and you do not care to overwrite the original files of AlexanderTW, you can always try to COPY all the content of the mod folder:
    \alexander\lotrtw\data
    and to paste it in the main folder (overwriting everything)
    \alexander\data

After that, you will execute lotrtw the same way that you played AlexanderTW (with the original RomeTW-ALX.exe, do not use shortcuts).
    We needed to do it in order to play in Gameranger at first. The mod should work this way, but original AlexanderTW won't work until you reinstall it.
    my pc is windows xp i believe so would that still be an issue? how can i change the read/write permissions? i was playing lotr 2.09 as recently as last year and campaigns on the vanilla rome and alexander are both working so i cant understand why im having this problem. i tried what you suggested and copied lotrtw/data and pasted it in alexander/data but theres no change.

If you are using XP then the read/write permissions should not be the problem, and I really do not know what else to suggest.

Then, you can play custom battles and historical battles, but it crashes at start of campaign in the loading screen, before you can see the campaign map, does it?

Please, try again to delete these files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt

and verify they are created again by the game when you launch the mod with your shortcut or "lotr-tw launcher.bat"

Now that you copied the mod in the main alexander\data folder, you should be able to launch the mod directly with RomeTW-ALX.exe (no shortcuts nor .bat). Now, if you remove these files (note theres is no lotrtw folder):
    ...\alexander\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\preferences\advice
    ...\alexander\preferences\preferences.txt
    They should be regenerated again. If so, you already did right everything I suggested you, and I have no idea why nothing is working for you, sorry.

If you are using XP then the read/write permissions should not be the problem, and I really do not know what else to suggest.

Then, you can play custom battles and historical battles, but it crashes at start of campaign in the loading screen, before you can see the campaign map, does it?

Please, try again to delete these files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt

and verify they are created again by the game when you launch the mod with your shortcut or "lotr-tw launcher.bat"

Now that you copied the mod in the main alexander\data folder, you should be able to launch the mod directly with RomeTW-ALX.exe (no shortcuts nor .bat). Now, if you remove these files (note theres is no lotrtw folder):
    ...\alexander\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\preferences\advice
    ...\alexander\preferences\preferences.txt
    They should be regenerated again. If so, you already did right everything I suggested you, and I have no idea why nothing is working for you, sorry.
    custom and historical battles both work, and yes it crashes at the start of a campaign in the loading screen, before i can see the campaign map. the bar fills up and it crashes out. i checked the files and they are regenerating, but theres no change in behavior. thank you for your help though bardo.

I'm afraid the same could be happening to other people and I'd like to know the solution too.

First some important notes just in case:
    - When you reinstalled the game, it is important that you did it over a clean folder where there are no files from the previous installations, specially if you have been using v2.09.
    - Another suggestion would be to test to change the campaign map resolution (in graphical settings), or to enable/disable the widescreen option.
    - I'd also suggest to verify that your shortcut (or the launcher.bat) are pointing to the right folder where the mod is installed, and not to other folder with a different version of the mod.
    You can be sure that you are executing the latest verion if you see the historical battle "Last March of the Ents" and "Fords of Isen".

If you do not care to corrupt your current installation a bit more, could you help me to test this:

1) Open this file with any text editor:
    \alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\descr_strat.txt
    (you may save a copy to restore it later)

2) At the end of the file you will find this:
    script
    ;Alexander_Campaign_Script.txt
    Fellowship_Campaign_Script.txt
    Delete this part (all the text that I quoted), and save the file.

3) Then remove these 2 files again:

4) Then launch the mod (with the .bat or the shortcut). If it keeps crashing then we know for sure that it has nothing to do with the scripts or the advice file.

where did you move it to, your documents or another folder in your C drive