Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    does not work for me, still having CTD at launching the campaign, unable to play but battles.
    just like me then. I can play custom battle and historical battle. but when I try to start the campaign, I get a CTD.

I remeber now, the same happened to other people with the beta. The crash happens when the game try to save the autosave and it has no write permission.
    If I'm right, it is due to windows7 file rights. The solution is to install the game and the mod in a non protected folder.
    Copy the whole RTW folder from "program files" or such folder, to another folder created by you, and try again.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I have a bug when playing Gondor:i was sieging Morannon with an army controlled by Gandalf and a lot of archers in it,a mordor army outside the city attacked me and i won the battle destroying both enemy armies to the last man.After the turn ends ,when i click to occupy the city, the game crashes.Tried to play the battle 2 more times,still won destroying both enemy armies and the same crash.I autoresolved the battle,won it with some enemy armies remaining in the city and attacked it the next turn,won and no CTD.I guess the problem might be caused by the fact that i destroy the whole enemy army?
    Ok,i had the exact same crash besieging another mordor city and still after destroying the 2 enemy armies and occupying i get a CTD .Any ideas on solution ?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

What you describe I think is a hardcoded bug from RTW. It happens when the army of a city participates in a battle as reinforcements and they are completely destroyed.
    I know it happens in other mods, and some people said that it happens in vanilla RTW too.

I will lose internet connection the rest of the week. Seth and Wulfburk will surely be around to answer questions.
    See you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I remeber now, the same happened to other people with the beta. The crash happens when the game try to save the autosave and it has no write permission.
    If I'm right, it is due to windows7 file rights. The solution is to install the game and the mod in a non protected folder.
    Copy the whole RTW folder from "program files" or such folder, to another folder created by you, and try again.
    tried that with 2 different locations and it still does not work.

tried to edit the preferences file to "autosave : false" but didn't work neither.

tried to "run as administrator" right-clicking on the shortcut, but in this case the game does not even launch.

I reinstalled Rome TW Alex and LOTR files to be sure, but still it does not work. Beta version was working fine before I installed version 3.0.

Got a potential bug here for Seth probably.

Getting CTD trying to load battlemap for Woodmen Camp (it currently has elvish walls) while playing as Mordor.
    Same CTD midway through the loading screen occurs if trying to fight the battle or if trying to load the settlement view either immediately after conquering (via autoresolve) or after conquering and then waiting a few turns.

I've attached a savegame and pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Having problems launching the mod, it crashes at the first screen and shows this error message. Error loading mount database.

Am I the only one having some of the buildings of the right side of Minas Tirith having a weird darker texture and also being unable to modify the already created historical battles? If I change something, save it and then proceed to load the changed version of the battle, the game crashes.

@bardo. Hi, curiously flying walls bug came back when the problem seemed solved with a clean reinstallation of Alexander ... And then, even after reinstalling the bug persists?! I also tried to reinstall Rome Total War and miracle: The bug has disappeared ...

Quote Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
    Am I the only one having some of the buildings of the right side of Minas Tirith having a weird darker texture and also being unable to modify the already created historical battles? If I change something, save it and then proceed to load the changed version of the battle, the game crashes.
    Regarding the editing of historical battles - my bad, I got the hang of it. But I am still curious about these weird darker textures of the right side of Minas Tirith.

Hello Bardo, I am currently experiencing the same issues as Salahedin. I also attempted to save the whole file to a different location with no luck. Is there anything else i can do that will allow me to play the awesome campaign ? I am pretty much exactly in the same situation as Salahedin. I have tried everything that is listed anywhere except re installing the actual game itself (RTW alex). Clearly that will not work as Salahedin has already tried to do so. I would really appreciate any help that can be given to solve this problem and seeing that you know all, clearly you are the person who is most capable of helping me. Thank you.

I fixed it ! your shortcut's target is connected to the new file i assume, but is the "start in" box below it connected to the new file ? if not, type in the location of the new file in the start in box and it should work. it did for me anyways.

just right click on your shortcut and go to properties, you should then be able to find what i am talking about

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1) Every battle i load, just before the middle of loading, I get the sound that means "windows have encountered an error". Fortunately, i press Enter and loading continues and the battle starts.

2) Attacking Osgiliath with Mordor (no Trolls), Gondor expects reinforcements. Game freezes (but music continues) after I press start battle. I use Ctrl-alt-del and close RTW-ALex which is not working.
    Tested the same battle at night (so no reinforcements) and it played all right.

what did you add to the end of the line? was it this.... \lotr-tw launcher.bat"

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^Was that for me? Yes, that is how the line ends.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I have found a new BUG:

The game freezes when trying to play a HOTSEAT game.. This happens when you click "next turn". Some text comes up saying "game saved" and then you can't continue to play because the game doesn't continue with each factions turns.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 01, 2013 at 08:54 AM.

Let's continue where I left...

Quote Originally Posted by Salahedin View Post
    tried that with 2 different locations and it still does not work.

tried to edit the preferences file to "autosave : false" but didn't work neither.

tried to "run as administrator" right-clicking on the shortcut, but in this case the game does not even launch.

I reinstalled Rome TW Alex and LOTR files to be sure, but still it does not work. Beta version was working fine before I installed version 3.0.
    As I told you in my last pm, I suggest to delete the file:
    \alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt
    Since you were able to play the previous beta, I suspect the preferences that we included in the final version could be uncompatible with your pc. If you delete this file, the game will create a new file based on your pc. Please, confirm if it worked... altough I'd understand if you are tired to test my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Got a potential bug here for Seth probably.

Getting CTD trying to load battlemap for Woodmen Camp (it currently has elvish walls) while playing as Mordor.
    Same CTD midway through the loading screen occurs if trying to fight the battle or if trying to load the settlement view either immediately after conquering (via autoresolve) or after conquering and then waiting a few turns.

I've attached a savegame and pic.
    Thank you, we will check the savegame. It looks like some building not loaded properly in a foreign city plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAL JT View Post
    Having problems launching the mod, it crashes at the first screen and shows this error message. Error loading mount database.
    That error use to be showed when you install the mod in a wrong folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
    The shadows of some cities are not rendered properly, I think those cities where buildings or walls are placed in higher levels or under ground.
    I'd suggest to disable the shadows to play this v3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by arn knigth of the temple View Post
    @bardo. Hi, curiously flying walls bug came back when the problem seemed solved with a clean reinstallation of Alexander ... And then, even after reinstalling the bug persists?! I also tried to reinstall Rome Total War and miracle: The bug has disappeared ...
    As I said, if there are old buildings from previous versions, they must be placed on main data folder of RomeTW. We never placed files in the data folder of alexander.
    I think those old files should dissapear if you uninstall the previous lotrtw version and then you delete all remaining temporary .bpi files. But if you installed several lotrtw versions, I'd really suggest to reinstall rometw just in case, as you did. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    1) Every battle i load, just before the middle of loading, I get the sound that means "windows have encountered an error". Fortunately, i press Enter and loading continues and the battle starts.

2) Attacking Osgiliath with Mordor (no Trolls), Gondor expects reinforcements. Game freezes (but music continues) after I press start battle. I use Ctrl-alt-del and close RTW-ALex which is not working.
    Tested the same battle at night (so no reinforcements) and it played all right.
    1) I suggest to delete this file (the game will create a new one based on your PC specs):
    \alexander\lotrtw\preferences\preferences.txt

2) When there are battles with reinforcements near cities surrounded by water like Osgiliath, there might be a crash if the game is unable to find room to deploy those armies.
    We already did the best we could with those cities. We were forced to remove the unique model of Laketown made by Seth, for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I have found a new BUG:

The game freezes when trying to play a HOTSEAT game.. This happens when you click "next turn". Some text comes up saying "game saved" and then you can't continue to play because the game doesn't continue with each factions turns.
    This is how hotseat works. You have to reload the latest autosave to be able to control the next faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo knows all View Post
    I fixed it ! your shortcut's target is connected to the new file i assume, but is the "start in" box below it connected to the new file ? if not, type in the location of the new file in the start in box and it should work. it did for me anyways.
    I wish I knew it all... but it is fun to try to guess.
    Thanks for placing your solution, maybe the same is happening to other people.
    Last edited by Bardo; April 01, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

ok dont know if this is a bug or as intended , but do the the fellowship general bodyguards recover from thier lost at all ?

so far 100 turns in game and none of the fellowship ones have thier bodyguard replenished lol
    Last edited by whitewolfmxc; April 03, 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Kaetan's Avatar Laetus

excuse me for my english. Hello Bardo from USSR)))

When i`m play by Noldor, free people always attack me. and when i, turn tu battle game is ctd. i can`t fight no one battle against free people.