Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Förster44, let me know how you fix it. I thought that deleting the old "lotrtw" folder would be enough, but I'm starting to think that there was some files in v2.06 placed in main data folder that could cause these problems.
    If I just had any clue how to fix that xD
    I think it would be helpful to know if anyone else has these problems too, so that we know if it is a general problem or if I just did something wrong. Whereas I kindly deleted my lotrtw (2.08c) folder to have it newly installed by 2.0b and then 3.0, so I wouldn't be aware of any mistake by myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    Older version of buildings shall appear in game if the files in
    (RTWfolder)\alexander\lotrtw\data\models_building\ are NOT updated to latest version, so there's tha place to check if you have the latest files installed
    Again, given some buildings have been updated but also name changed, it may be possible that the odler version are still there (we had not the time to make a full clear processing of unused files) but they shall not appear in game unless they are called by a older version of that file too:
    (RTWfolder)\alexander\lotrtw\data\descr_settlement_plan.txt

Those having problems and cannot solve them by re-installation shall check if the files are pretty recent by their datestamp of creation and/or write to Bardo or me giving those datas for a check with latest version of them. Be advised it may take time for us to do those checks though.
    I just checked those files. Interestingly nearly all .cas files in the models_building directory are younger than 2011, with only 2 or 3 exceptions that do not seem relevant, as none of them seems to be of elvish nature.
    The descr_settlement_plan.txt file is also dating to the 9. March of this year, I think that should be recent enough.
    Furthermore I found lotrtw-.cas-files from ~2008 in the RTW/data/models_building folder and experimentally deleted them, but it didn't fix anything... so atm. I'm really helpless regarding that matter...
    Last edited by Förster44; March 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

Just letting you know :played a campaign 100+ turns with Noldor - no bugs or CTDs and a campaign with the Galadhrim for about 40-50 turns,no bugs there also.Looks like a great mod!Great job !

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

@Bardo. Thank you for your help.

Yes the flying walls are there from the start of the campaign with Dwarves and Gondor using the button "city view" in the settlement scroll.
    I also tested a custom battle in the map named Erebor and dol amroth and again there are flying walls...

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

--->Bardo...weird coldfells worked in next battle....is it possible to get some ctd when you have 2 battles in same turn?
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

@anyone here also having old building models from 2.08c or earlier in the settlements among other new ones?
    With best regards,

Förster44

@Bardo. I just have the solution this bug is due to the v2.08 files found in the directory ALEXANDER. Delete the old directory "lotrtw" is not enough, you must reinstall the game ALEXANDER. I tested, and the flyings walls have disappeared.

So i guess the fix is just install in a clean RTW version, im glad it wont require a small patch!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by arn knigth of the temple
    I just have the solution this bug is due to the v2.08 files found in the directory ALEXANDER. Delete the old directory "lotrtw" is not enough, you must reinstall the game ALEXANDER. I tested, and the flyings walls have disappeared.
    Thank you for the tests.
    The patch 2.08 does not install any file in the folder \alexander\data\. If there are files from the mod there, they are from a patch that I do not remember, maybe a beta.
    It installs files only in the folder \alexander\lotrtw\, and in the main folder \Data\.

If you do not want to reinstall the game. I'm almost sure the problems will be fixed if you just delete all the .bpi files from the rtw folder.
    >>> Search ".bpi" in the main rtw folder (and subfolders) and delete them all.
    There should not be any .bpi file in a clean installation, and they are automatically regenerated by the game if missing.
    Be carefull if you have other mods installed, and verify you do not delete files placed in the folder of these mods, just in case.

are the mordor orcs suppose to have isengard voices and lines ?

I get a CTD every time I try to load a custom battle, any help here? I've only just installed the game new as I bought Medieval Total War II with Kingdoms specifically to upload this mod for Third Age to experience battles. Cheers

after clicking on the "war of the ring" button, choosing faction and click on the button that should make the pc load the campaign, I get a CTD, it craches before it starts loading the campaign and it doesn't say any reason or anything for why it craches. do any of you know why or have a solution for this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Banir View Post
    I get a CTD every time I try to load a custom battle, any help here? I've only just installed the game new as I bought Medieval Total War II with Kingdoms specifically to upload this mod for Third Age to experience battles. Cheers
    You ... know that this mod is for Rome: Total War Alexander, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LordSauron1994 View Post
    after clicking on the "war of the ring" button, choosing faction and click on the button that should make the pc load the campaign, I get a CTD, it craches before it starts loading the campaign and it doesn't say any reason or anything for why it craches. do any of you know why or have a solution for this problem?
    Current list of known Crash To Desktop (CTD) causes, and suggested solution: 1) CTD at the start of a new campaign, just when the campaign map appears. Caused by a corrupted "advice" file.
    It is fixed by removing these two files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\advice
    (don't worry, the game will generate a new one)

FAQs are worth silver when they're there, and gold when they're read.

Btw, I got rid of the old-buildings-issue by a complete reinstallation of R:TW (deleting all the .bpi files didn't do the job, unfortunately). Which is a solution I don't like, but at least it worked^^
    Last edited by Förster44; March 26, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
    With best regards,

Förster44

it crashes just a moment before the "loading screen" appears.

I'm having serious troubles to browse the forums and write post lately, and I have already lost 2 messages... I'll write them again.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    1) Ork snagga takes 2 turns to recruit while everything but trolls take 1 ???

2) not really a bug but my avg anti virus picked up one of the "extra mods" inside the mod folder (i think it was the play ranger file) and says its got virus lol

are the mordor orcs suppose to have isengard voices and lines ?
    There have been no updates to sounds or music for this version. It is a part I do not know much.

1) That was on purpose to keep AI from rising armies full of snagas, militia, villagers or slaves. Those units have higher recruitment times, but they are still useful to keep the civil order at cities with low resources and plenty of time, or to migrate population from one city to another.
    2) I understand it is detected as a menace. It is a .exe made by me to force gameranger to launch the mod instead of the vanilla AlexTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Banir View Post
    This is lotr-tw mod for AlexanderTw, in some way the grandpa of the mod TATW that you are talking about. Give it a try and you may like it too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSauron1994 View Post
    The solution was pointed by Förster44. This bug is caused randomly by some of our scripts, and I'm really sorry that we have been unable to fix it for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44
    I got rid of the old-buildings-issue by a complete reinstallation of R:TW (deleting all the .bpi files didn't do the job, unfortunately). Which is a solution I don't like, but at least it worked
    Neither I like that people need to reinstall the game due to the old versions of this mod. I apologize.
    At least this new version only copy one single file out of the mod folder (needed to remove the snow from Mordor mountains). I'm sure this v3.0 will not interfere with other mods, and there will not be remaining temp files out of the mod folder when you uninstall it.

I know of that way to fix campaign bugs and I have tried it multiple times, but it still won't work. that's why I've written several comments here.

Ok just a note about sounds and voices,

I worked years ago on that field, then let it go for time issues. I am able to reassign all voices both in campaign and battle mode in a more correct way, removing all "Rome" and other unfitting expressions and giving orcs just orcs voices and various human factions a proper voice feature but I made those changes with Italian sound files, so I never added the feature to the Mod itself. I recently fixed the warg sound effects removing the horse snarling from them, and that feature should be present in the release, if Bardo wasn't forced for some reason to cut it out.

As I said many times, I don't have much free time now to work on there but in the future I'll made a patch to reassign proper voices to campaign troops and generals, can't give a time deadline though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    Ok just a note about sounds and voices,
    I recently fixed the warg sound effects removing the horse snarling from them, and that feature should be present in the release, if Bardo wasn't forced for some reason to cut it out.
    It is indeed present in the current version, many thanks for making the change!

I'm afraid there is a wrong file in the spanish and italian traductions, that will crash the game if you activate them.
    Updated first post with the solution (in spanish).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMPORTANTE: hay un fallo en la traduccion que impide iniciar el juego.

Si activas la traduccion al espańol la solución por ahora sería:
    1) desactivar la traduccion en JSGME.exe
    2) Borrar este archivo:
    rome...\Mods\lotrtw - Traduccion Esp\alexander\lotrtw\data\text\export_buildings.txt
    3) activar la traduccion en JSGME.exe

Los edificios aparecerán en ingles, pero el resto de la tradcucción parece funcionar.

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I have a bug when playing Gondor:i was sieging Morannon with an army controlled by Gandalf and a lot of archers in it,a mordor army outside the city attacked me and i won the battle destroying both enemy armies to the last man.After the turn ends ,when i click to occupy the city, the game crashes.Tried to play the battle 2 more times,still won destroying both enemy armies and the same crash.I autoresolved the battle,won it with some enemy armies remaining in the city and attacked it the next turn,won and no CTD.I guess the problem might be caused by the fact that i destroy the whole enemy army?

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Current list of known Crash To Desktop (CTD) causes, and suggested solution: 1) CTD at the start of a new campaign, just when the campaign map appears. Caused by a corrupted "advice" file.
    It is fixed by removing these two files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\advice
    (don't worry, the game will generate a new one)
    does not work for me, still having CTD at launching the campaign, unable to play but battles.