Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

game ctd when orcs off mm try to attack coldfells...i play with noldor elves
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

game ctd when orcs of mm attack coldfells...actually when i click fight on the battle map....i play with noldor elves
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Quote Originally Posted by HunterAlpha1 View Post
    i'm getting a CTD when i try to load a battle screen(siege that is, i haven't tried going into a field battle yet). i had this same problem with v2.08c.

the village i was having trouble with is:

fortunately i was able to starve-surrender the defenders so i didn't have to auto-resolve, and once taken i was able to safely fight defensive sieges against all comers. i haven't had trouble with any more cities yet.
    and all this without having to reinstall the game.

problem is that i defending the town...
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

im getting a CTD every time i load up minas tirith. it happens on every setting and wont show me an error. i even added -show error
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Some cities have walls that are in the air and not touching the ground ... Erebor and Dol Amroth

@legio_XX, @knigth of the temple, @HunterAlpha1: guys, you need to delete the files of 2.08, where there were different cities with different walls.
    Delete the whole "lotrtw" folder, then install 2.0, then this new version 3.0

All cities have been tested. There could be minor bugs, but they DO NOT CRASH.
    Crashes when you load a city are surely due to old files from previous patches.

@Lü Bu: it seems like a real CTD, we will look at it later.
    Last edited by Bardo; March 24, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

the thing is I don't have 2.08 but I will try to re install it and I will let you know from there.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

SO i re installed it to a completely clean Rome total war file and after a few moments of battle time varying the game will CTD and give me no solution. I am running windows 8 with a high end computer. I have tried both my Rome total war inside the program files and the other Rome folder outside the program files both clean. I have never had this kind of problem with a mod but if you saw its good to go then it must be my computer, windows 8 or the nivida control panel . your game is amazing i can play any other city and its perfect just not Minas tirith...my comp must hate that city

System Information

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    System Information------------------
    Time of this report: 3/24/2013, 09:47:21
    Machine name: LEGIO_XX
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 518
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 5120MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 5118MB RAM
    Page File: 1949MB used, 8168MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Last edited by legio_XX; March 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

@bardo Thank you, but I deleted all the old directory with the 2.0 and 2.08 and I reinstalled the 2.0 and 3.0
    I confirm I have a graphical bug in the walls of Erebor and Dol Amroth. Some are in the air ...

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

great mod well done guys its a work of art..., i can comfirm everything is working fine for me , no ctd and im playing with everything maxed out bloom and aa x8 and af x16 in my nvidia settings ..all citys looking fantastic ....screen shots to follow swiftly

We have just released this mod, and it could be confusing for people that is going to download it, to read that Minas Tirith is crashing and there are flying walls in some cities. I just say that those problems do not happen to me, nor they happened to betatesters, so the most probable was a wrong installation.
    Also, those are typical errors that use to appear when there are remaining temporary files from previous versions. I have seen those same errors (city crash while loading, and flying walls) when I forgot to delete temp files from one beta to another, so I still think it is something related to the installation. If that is not the reason, it is a rare case, and I'll try to find why, with your help.

Thank you, but I deleted all the old directory with the 2.0 and 2.08 and I reinstalled the 2.0 and 3.0
    I confirm I have a graphical bug in the walls of Erebor and Dol Amroth. Some are in the air ...
    Could you test if those flying walls are there from the start of the campaign. Try to start a new campaign with dwarves or gondor and to use the button "city view" in the settlement scroll.
    Please, test also to start a custom battle in the map named Erebor and tell me if you see flying walls there.

@legio_XX: it is hard for me to guess the cause of that crash.
    I can say that yesterday we played a 2v1 multiplayer game online, in Minas Tirith, without crashes (altought it was unsync at the end, what a pitty).
    Maybe the cause of your crash is not the city, but certain sieging armies.
    Does it happen in custom battles too? In city view from campaign? Only in campaign battles?

@Lü Bu: there were trolls in the battle? was it at night?
    Else, it looks like a crash related to some elven building in a foreign settlement plan.
    Did the autoresolve work? Does it work if you press "city view" in that same city?
    Last edited by Bardo; March 24, 2013 at 05:25 PM.

thanks for anser Bardo...first of all Minas Tirith looks great to me...no floating walls....except in custom battle enemy attack from the right instead from the middle of the city...

enemy attacking coldfells didnt have trolls and im not sure was it night or day...all other cities worked great...all i tested so far ((like grey havens, forlond, weathertop...))
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

except in custom battle enemy attack from the right instead from the middle of the city...
    That was on purpose to keep the same orientation than campaign (with the mountain behind the city).
    Also, it is possible to play good 2v1 battles this way. Else the 2nd attacked would appear in the back side.

If you still have the savegame, could you tell me the elven buildings built in Coldfells, and the city level. Or you could share the savegame and I'll check it.

First, I managed to play my current Noldor campaign up to turn ~100 with only 2 CTDs yet, and both of them spontaneous without a recognizable pattern, so I'm fine with that^^ The only thing I noticed is that the elven buildings (but also other cultures are affected) do not all look like I expected from the previews, like e. g. here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-o...ings3#imagebox
    Some of them still look like in 2.08c and seem somehow misplaced, too.
    Here a screenshot of a custom battle in an elvish settlement (in campaign it's also like that); on the left a noldor forge, in the background also the elven training hall, neither of these look like expected:

I don't want to complain about your work here ofc, but I'd rather like to know if this is an issue that can / has to be fixed^^
    Last edited by Förster44; March 24, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

No, you are right, Förster44. I see buildings from 2.08 in your screenshot, that should not be there.

This is how the generic Elven city looks for me in custom battle:

This one from a Large generic city in custom battle:

Förster44, let me know how you fix it. I thought that deleting the old "lotrtw" folder would be enough, but I'm starting to think that there was some files in v2.06 placed in main data folder that could cause these problems.
    Last edited by Bardo; March 24, 2013 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    That was on purpose to keep the same orientation than campaign (with the mountain behind the city). Also, it is possible to play good 2v1 battles this way. Else the 2nd attacked would appear in the back side. If you still have the savegame, could you tell me the elven buildings built in Coldfells, and the city level. Or you could share the savegame and I'll check it.
    i build all buildings at 2000 population ((didnt reach 6000 pop yet))
    it ctd 1 sec after loading begins ((as soon loading bar moves a bit))
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

A couple notes (sorry being fast but I really have little time lately to check in there).

A) floating walls are set by the settlement_plan files, so those having that problem should check to have update version of those files there:
    (RTWfolder)alexander\lotrtw\data\settlement_plans\k_[cityname]_plan.txt
    AND check not to have older version of them there:
    (RTWfolder)\Data\settlement_plans\

B) Older version of buildings shall appear in game if the files in
    (RTWfolder)\alexander\lotrtw\data\models_building\ are NOT updated to latest version, so there's tha place to check if you have the latest files installed
    Again, given some buildings have been updated but also name changed, it may be possible that the odler version are still there (we had not the time to make a full clear processing of unused files) but they shall not appear in game unless they are called by a older version of that file too:
    (RTWfolder)\alexander\lotrtw\data\descr_settlement_plan.txt

Those having problems and cannot solve them by re-installation shall check if the files are pretty recent by their datestamp of creation and/or write to Bardo or me giving those datas for a check with latest version of them. Be advised it may take time for us to do those checks though.

1) Ork snagga takes 2 turns to recruit while everything but trolls take 1 ???

2) not really a bug but my avg anti virus picked up one of the "extra mods" inside the mod folder (i think it was the play ranger file) and says its got virus lol

stupid double post system