Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Cair Andros map crashes when there are auto reinforcements from the other side...I tested sally with Gondor out of Cair Andros against Mordor with and without Mordor reinforcements and without reinforcements no crash occurred...!

Hi, I'm Gondor at about round 32 and encountered a bug while taking Minas Morgul. I'm playing 3.02 with cheap buildings (but patched from 3.0->3.02 during the campaign) on easy/easy. First off, I was surprised to see no huge nonsense backup army spawn in MM when Aragorn and his army attacked it. Maybe because my spy inside it opened the gates? So it was just Nazgul Enquea and 2 orc battalions defending it. The battle was of couse super easy but took like 25 minutes. That's what pissed me off. It came to this because most of my troops were unable to walk on the bridge that leads over the river to the gate. It's quite a big bridge but my soldiers really really did not want to cross. Through maticulous clicking I managed to get half of my army inside the castle. The rest was either directly in front of the gate, in front of the bridge where they spawned or tried to circle around the whole damn fortress for some reason. I thought maybe my catapult in front of the bridge was blocking it but removing it did not help. I noticed that the troops in question would not stay in tight formation when i set them so. After like a second, they would go back to loose formation. With a big army inside of MM, this would have lost me the battle and the campaign.

But the game work great

alexander/data/models_landscape/longhill_underlay.cas lotr But that appear to minas tirith .. and to helms deep . the trops are out of fort ... The rohan trops are out beside the fort in front of the isengard trops

zvitko's Avatar Laetus

Hi.

I really like this mod. However, game is continualy crashes (CTD) during battles/sieges. I installed also 3.02 bugfux.

Game always crashes while sieging Gundaband. I played with all three elven races. After pressing start button and zooming game crashes. Always. Recently game chrashed during just after starting a battle near Gundaband while playing with Silvain elves. Similar game chrased while playing with Isengard just qafter starting a battle in Moria.

Can you help me?
    Franci

Hi zvitko,

That's fairly odd, I've logged a seriously lot of hours in LotR-TW and have not encountered this sorts of consistent and constant crashes.
    Do you have show_err in your shortcut? If so what kind of error are you getting? Do you have any other mods installed? Have you previously had other mods installed in the same RTW folder? Is this version of the mod running off of a fresh install basically?

hey, i somehow crash during the last alliance and the siege of minas tirith historical battle...:/
    any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by hemin23 View Post
    hey, i somehow crash during the last alliance and the siege of minas tirith historical battle...:/
    any fix?
    If you're reporting bugs (and especially if you're looking for help or a fix) please make a point of including as much information as possible. Just saying there's a crash helps no-one. Things like which version of mod you're using, has it worked before, when/where does it crash, how does it crash, what error does it show, savegame if you have one, all are things that will both help us help you and, ideally, help improve the thing you're reporting bugs on in the future.

minas tirith crashes at a certain point when you zoom in near the statue at the gate of minas tirith randomly.

the last alliance crashes a bit after you see sauron coming to the battle field.

i am using the latest version (3.0), it has never worked before (these 2 historcials the others work fine somehow), just black screen with a popup showing an error, you can not save historicals.

minas tirith crashes at a certain point when you zoom in near the statue at the gate of minas tirith randomly.

the last alliance crashes a bit after you see sauron coming to the battle field.

i am using the latest version (3.0), it has never worked before (these 2 historcials the others work fine somehow), just black screen with a popup showing an error, you can not save historicals.
    Okay! More details, we're off to a good start!

Here's a few more questions for you:
    -If you're seeing an error popup, what does it say exactly?
    -Are you using fully patched 3.02 (there were still a few minor but ctd causing bugs left in V3.0)
    -Do you have a decent quality and properly configured graphics card? (easy simple way to test would be to load up a custom battle with at least four armies all maxed out with soldier numbers and graphics settings on high - if you see no slow-down of choppiness you graphics card surely is not the problem)

I know that last one was a problem for me until just recently as my old laptop was, well, old. MT and Last Alliance HBs are fairly demanding in terms of GPU use and actually exceed pretty dramatically what RTW was ever intended to do (oh man I do love mods! ). So, without a decent GPU and available RAM those two HBs may not be playable.

Hope that helps!

-it say total war rome isnt working anymore blah blah blah (your standard message when a program crashes)
    -yes
    -yes i can even handle 10k+ soldiers in a siege battle

cpu: amd fx 6300 hexacore 3.6 ghz
    gpu: amd r9 280x (3gb memory) (msi version)
    RAM: 8gb g-skill ddr3

that is good enough to even run attila on high ^^

-it say total war rome isnt working anymore blah blah blah (your standard message when a program crashes)
    -yes
    -yes i can even handle 10k+ soldiers in a siege battle

cpu: amd fx 6300 hexacore 3.6 ghz
    gpu: amd r9 280x (3gb memory) (msi version)
    RAM: 8gb g-skill ddr3

that is good enough to even run attila on high ^^
    Well I'm not sure what exactly is causing your problem then but I'd guess it's either a problem install or with local configuration.

I feel like I've heard that particular problem before but can't quite remember where, maybe have a search of the forums?

Otherwise, I know it's a bit of a hassle, but when in doubt I guess the most reliably way to really check is a full reinstall from scratch.
    1. Fresh install (in a new directory) of Rome Total War + patches + Alexander (+patch?)
    2. No other mods (just in case they're not playing nice together)
    3. LotR-TW 2.0, then 3.0 patch, then 3.02 bugfix
    (all can be reliably found at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-o...-war/downloads )
    4. Campaigns Addon! Because why the hell not, it's a good addition!

Side note for you and maybe anyone else having problems running RTW on newer systems the below link has pretty good discussion on some common problems:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/4760/...4747302603564/

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Well I'm not sure what exactly is causing your problem then but I'd guess it's either a problem install or with local configuration.

I feel like I've heard that particular problem before but can't quite remember where, maybe have a search of the forums?

Otherwise, I know it's a bit of a hassle, but when in doubt I guess the most reliably way to really check is a full reinstall from scratch.
    1. Fresh install (in a new directory) of Rome Total War + patches + Alexander (+patch?)
    2. No other mods (just in case they're not playing nice together)
    3. LotR-TW 2.0, then 3.0 patch, then 3.02 bugfix
    (all can be reliably found at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-o...-war/downloads )
    4. Campaigns Addon! Because why the hell not, it's a good addition!

Side note for you and maybe anyone else having problems running RTW on newer systems the below link has pretty good discussion on some common problems:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/4760/...4747302603564/
    I installed it exactly like this, yes my system is new and I geuss that may be the problem , I'll have a look!

EDIT: it still doesnt work I might buy a new cd copy>_>
    Last edited by hemin23; July 04, 2016 at 02:08 PM.

Hello.
    Сampaing for Noldor. I besieged rebel Coldfells, settlement surrendered after 4 turns. When I click on "Occupy" game crash to desktop.
    I have lotr 3.0 with v3.02 Bugfix patch, Alexander 1.9. 16 turn in campaing for Noldor.
    Any idea how can I solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus View Post
    Hello.
    Сampaing for Noldor. I besieged rebel Coldfells, settlement surrendered after 4 turns. When I click on "Occupy" game crash to desktop.
    I have lotr 3.0 with v3.02 Bugfix patch, Alexander 1.9. 16 turn in campaing for Noldor.
    Any idea how can I solve this problem?
    Yep, it's a baked in standard old RTW bug. Hopefully you have a save or autosave from before this turn, what you'll have to do is attack the settlement and conquer it that way and then things should run smoothly from there.

CapnDan, there was nowhere to go, so that's exactly what I did. Good that i saved every moment. Strange, but I have more CTD on alexander than BI.

Hi
    when I start the Historical Battle for Last Alliance passed from battle some minutes and then it crashed!

How can I solve this problem guys?!

anyone had this problem and solved it?!

Quote Originally Posted by asadyan View Post
    Hi
    when I start the Historical Battle for Last Alliance passed from battle some minutes and then it crashed!

How can I solve this problem guys?!
    Hey Asadyan,
    Do you mean the battle only runs for a few minutes and then crashes? If so, when it is running, does it run smoothly or kind of slow and choppy?

The larger historical battles (HD, Plennor, Last Alliance) kind of max out what the RTW engine is supposed to be capable of and can cause crashes if your computer setup or system specs are not exactly in order. If the battle is choppy or especially slow moving before the crash there's a good chance your setup or system specs could be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Hey Asadyan,
    Do you mean the battle only runs for a few minutes and then crashes? If so, when it is running, does it run smoothly or kind of slow and choppy?

The larger historical battles (HD, Plennor, Last Alliance) kind of max out what the RTW engine is supposed to be capable of and can cause crashes if your computer setup or system specs are not exactly in order. If the battle is choppy or especially slow moving before the crash there's a good chance your setup or system specs could be the problem.
    hi
    no it isnt slow or choppy but I resolved it when I played as mordor and I let half of my army to be destroyed and then I brought Sauron to the battle field!
    so it didnt crashed!