Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Yep, i made sure to delete the Rtw root folder. Maybe it could be SPQR, the creator of the mod said it coulld not work if there is another mod installed but this mod is attached to RTW , not Alexander. Also my older laptop had those two mods installed simultaneously and both worked like a charm. I'll try one last time to delete everything, install LOTRW only and then i will see if that could be it although i doubt that it could be the problem. Thanks for the replies BTW ! But there is still those saved games that reappear and its bugging me a little...

Well good luck! Maybe run a search of your computer for those saved games?

Hello, (sorry for bad english)

My game crash in every battle with trolls. Only battles with trolls crashes( night battles off ). My system: Windows 8 64bit, RAM 16 GB, Prozessor:Intel Core i7-3770K CPU@3.50 GHz 3.90GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, Monitor:27 zoll acer.

Please help me.....

Thanks

Hi guys it's me again ( I hope im not too annoying ) , after a few days of testing I have discovered that my CTD during battles happened every time while I play in Minas Thirith or Osgiliath ( although it crashes less often ) so i don't know if anyone encoutered this problem before. I checked the previous pages to see if there was a solution out there but it doesn't semm like it . So if anyone has any answers, im anxious to reviem them ! Maybe gondor buildings gives some problem to my computer !? Again sorry for my english , I speak French ( Beautifull language btw )

Quote Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
    Hello, (sorry for bad english)

My game crash in every battle with trolls. Only battles with trolls crashes( night battles off ). My system: Windows 8 64bit, RAM 16 GB, Prozessor:Intel Core i7-3770K CPU@3.50 GHz 3.90GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, Monitor:27 zoll acer.

Please help me.....

Thanks

You know what, I did some testing for my own problems, and i have discovered that I have the same problem. I thaught mine was related to gondor buildings but that is not the case, because CTD happens only when trolls are involved even on a day battle. I hope someone will answer us about this broblem

There is a bug in the way torches are attached to troll bones that cause crashes at night battles. However, torches sometimes appear at day battles near sunrise or sunset.
    I suggest to test custom battles with trolls, at "midday" day time, to verify that torches are not causing your crashes.
    If there are crashes at midday, then it should be something related to graphical settings, because I can confirm that trolls work for me with much lower PC specs.

Let me know if you discover something else. I'll be around to try to answer.

In did some testing and my problem is really related with trolls. I did some costum battles with only trolls and it worked fine, but as soon I include them in a bigger army with battalions of orcs, it crashes. In fact, the first time it works, but if I do a second battle then it crashes.

I deleted the prefecrence text, changed the resolution of my screen , installed RTW in an another folder than programm files. I even bought a DVD of RTW + AlX from amazon (because i had a pirated version of RTW before) and the same problem occured . It was working great on my old computer but with my new high end rig, there is nothing to do.

Here's my Specs : Amd quadcore Fx-4300 4.2 ghz, Ati radeon 5870 1gb, 8 gb of ram

If it worked better in your old pc, maybe it is related to the virtual storage of new windows versions. Take a look here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post8287059
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pictures-!-%29

This issue cause crashes at start of campaign for many people. If the campaign works for you, there are few hopes that it solves this problem with trolls, but it seems the only remaining thing that you have not tested...

Hi all

Game cdt in start new campaning I've tried everything what we found here and nothing.

I'm tired... system its windows XP... and lotr 2.0
    works good. Sorry for my english. If you can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If it worked better in your old pc, maybe it is related to the virtual storage of new windows versions. Take a look here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post8287059
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pictures-!-%29

This issue cause crashes at start of campaign for many people. If the campaign works for you, there are few hopes that it solves this problem with trolls, but it seems the only remaining thing that you have not tested...

Is there a way in the preference text to prevent mordor and the goblins to recruit trolls, because it may be the only viable solution instead of auto-resolve any army with trolls ? Thanks for the help anyway Bardo, not much we can do Lol.

My game sometimes crashes before a big battle or near the end of one I click to attack and then it crashes to desktop can anyone help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by boyka View Post
    Hi all

Game cdt in start new campaning I've tried everything what we found here and nothing.

I'm tired... system its windows XP... and lotr 2.0
    works good. Sorry for my english. If you can help me.
    All the causes of crashes that we know how to fix or workaround are placed in the first post of this thread. If you already tried them, I do not know what else to suggest, sorry. I would really like to know why this version is causing more problems than the v2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTywin View Post
    Is there a way in the preference text to prevent mordor and the goblins to recruit trolls, because it may be the only viable solution instead of auto-resolve any army with trolls ? Thanks for the help anyway Bardo, not much we can do Lol.
    I do not see any simple way to prevent the recruitment of trolls. You could reduce the chances of seing trolls if you increase the recruitment times in the file \alexander\lotrtw\data\export_descr_unit.txt, but you'd need some modding knowledge.

Or you could test to disable the night battles (and the torches) in campaign by editing this file:
    \alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\descr_strat.txt

search for the line:
    night_battles_enabled

and add a ";" at the start:
    ;night_battles_enabled

Then delete the file:
    \alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm

Quote Originally Posted by I Iz Bradd View Post
    My game sometimes crashes before a big battle or near the end of one I click to attack and then it crashes to desktop can anyone help with this?
    Try to set the same screen resolution for campaign and battle, in game options.

You could also try to launch the game in windowed mode. I play this way all the time to be able to minimize the game easely. I suggest to try this for every people with crashes to desktop, just in case:
    In the shortcut that you use to launch the game, you just need to add -ne, so it looks something like this:
    "C:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:alexander/lotrtw -show_err -enable_editor -ne

Bardo thanks for answer and one question
    In the future any chance for fix them? or definitely to forget about it.

If you are talking about fixing the trolls, I do not know how, and wlesmana is no longer active, so I'm afraid they will remain as they are now.
    In my tests, trolls only crash at night battles, and not everytime (you can see in this forum that I have taken some screenshots of trolls at night). The bug seems linked to the random placement of torches, and the more the number of trolls, the more the chances to crash.
    Anyway, if we find the reason why trolls are causing crashes at day for some people, I'm up to release a bugfix.

Could you check if the troll is the general bodyguard when it crashes for you? When trolls or ents are general bodyguards (with the general model hidden inside), I sometimes see a visual glitch that could be causing the problems for other people. But I do not know how to fix it either.

Trolls its not my problem, CTD in start new campaign. In the future a chance to fix it?

The game never crashes at start of campaign for me, at least in a clean installation.
    There is a file related to scripts that sometimes get corrupted during a campaign, and it causes a crash at start of the next campaign. I do not know how to prevent this from happening, else I would have fixed it long time ago, but there is a simple way to revert this file when it happens, as explained in first post:
    If campaigns were working and later they start to crash, the cause is a corrupted "advice" file. It is fixed by deleting these two files:
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander\map.rwm
    ...\alexander\lotrtw\preferences\advice
    It is also known that there are crashes at start of campaign if you install the mod in certain protected folders like \Documents and settings or \Program files.

I do not know any other cause of crashes at start of campaign, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Could you check if the troll is the general bodyguard when it crashes for you? When trolls or ents are general bodyguards (with the general model hidden inside), I sometimes see a visual glitch that could be causing the problems for other people. But I do not know how to fix it either.
    I will try to this see if it is the case, but when my game crashes it happens also at the battle of Pellenor Fields and I don't think any troll unit is a general in this battle.

my AVG antivirus always detect when lotr-tw patch version 3 is the Trojan horse virus Backdoor.Generic16.WJE in Mods \ lotrtw - Game Ranger \ RomeTW-ALX.exe but different from the version 2.08 no virus, so I beg you to upload this data without the virus.

You are right, some virus scan detect as a troyan the .exe file that I made to play online with Gameranger:
    https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/f...is/1385866697/

I personally think it is a false alarm, but you can delete this file if you do not trust it, it is not needed to play the mod:
    \Mods\lotrtw - GameRanger\RomeTW-ALX.exe

Anyway, as you suggest, I'll upload as soon as possible a pack without this file, and with all patches in one.

When I beat the campaign it said keep playing or quit, I did keep playing and for some reason now all my units have been greatly reduced (goblin archers had like 120 now only have 15 goblins in a unit group) and the crashes when I try to do battles.