Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Default Re: Reporting Bugs or Crashes (v3.0)

Couple of bugs I'd noticed:

-Missing a clear texture for some elven buildings in orc settlements (attached a pic)

-Dunleding (Rohan Axe) and Dunleding (Rohan Spear) both are missing a texture for their thrown weapon while they are holding it but before it's thrown (just gets a straight black texture in that instance)

-Dwarven forts (not settlements, just the forts) stone walls, while awesome looking, are very buggy (attached pic 001)

-Barad-Dur walls and gateway apparently are not connected (troops cannot cross over the top)

-Fellbeasts try to attack settlement gates but can't actually do any damage to the gate

-Invisible walls all over the place in Moria that block missiles (attached a pic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moria Bug.jpg   0000.jpg   0001.jpg  

Hello i'm a first time mod-user on any type of total war game but i have gotten a problem when i launch the shortcut yes i did use the RTW AX and basicly what happens is i get the screen that shows all that mod creators and it crashed to desktop i have the steam version of rome total war: gold that includes barbarian invasion by default and alexander iv installed patch 2.00 to 3.00 and the 3.02 and i have no error screens it just crashes thank you

iv just tryed the steam version but the same thing still happens

Hi, this is a minor bug but when i play historical battles and click the button "start battle" sometimes it doesnt go to the "paused" screen with all the ui but stays in the battle preview stage with the "start battle" button disappearing.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Direct AI Mumakil attack on Rohan player fort without rams caused CTD...! This mod is so awesome and beautiful, it makes me so happy that I always start crying when playing it...

Noticed a general's trait "been in the wars" minus (-1) hit point instead of plus (+1) one hit point...

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe he took a spear in the thigh.

Or between his thighs would explain the trait even better...

The mod CTD when I try to play the campaign or an historical battle.

When Itry to play the campaign it CTD without saying anything but when I try to play an historical battle it CTD saying something about that he couldn't find something about a dumy.

I must say that I can play custom battles without any problem.

I'm 29 turns in and it always crashes to desktop when I (playing as the Free Peoples) try to fight the orcs who are besieging Brie. I've tried copying the folder out of My Programs - that resulted in the campaign not loading at all - and I've deleted the advice files - to no effect. Can anyone help me find a solution?

I have changed all the audio to Miles 2D but it is still CTDing 2 minutes into a battle. It says Rome Total War Alexander is not working should I close the program. How should I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesoose View Post
    I'm 29 turns in and it always crashes to desktop when I (playing as the Free Peoples) try to fight the orcs who are besieging Brie. I've tried copying the folder out of My Programs - that resulted in the campaign not loading at all - and I've deleted the advice files - to no effect. Can anyone help me find a solution?
    I've unfortunately always found the Free Peoples campaign to be a little bit buggy. I've tried to play several and eventually abandoned every one due to come kind of bug or error.

If you're not getting any sort of error message, the only thing I could really suggest is try avoiding loading that battle, either go for an auto-resolve, or wait another turn before starting it, or something like that.

Okay, I have an important problem. This mod is one of my all time favorites, and it feels so expansive. But, it would be a 10 out of 10 if it weren't for the CONSTANT and RANDOM crashes. I have downloaded all patches and search on the internet, but nothing seems to fix my problem. Here I was, playing as Gondor in an important battle against Mordor, and I was winning, when suddenly BAM! The game has crashed. It wasn't a night battle with trolls, I have deleted all of preference files and etc, but none of them has any effects on the crashes. Are you making another patch?

just installed this
    keeps crashing when i press continue campaign
    windows 8
    tried all the troubleshooters

Playing Noldor Elves, I attacked Forlond, which the evil Dwarves had taken through a sneaky, unprovoked attack. I noticed that a short stretch of road just outside the gate was crossways instead of going in a straight line out from the gate. This prevented me from using the ram. As the walls have gaping holes anyway, that was only a minor annoyance and the settlement was retaken, following which I wiped the buggers off the western coast. The crossways road was definitely a bug, though. This is the best mode I have ever come across. Oh, as an aside, I keep getting a longhill_underlay.cas missing message.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    I've unfortunately always found the Free Peoples campaign to be a little bit buggy. I've tried to play several and eventually abandoned every one due to come kind of bug or error.

If you're not getting any sort of error message, the only thing I could really suggest is try avoiding loading that battle, either go for an auto-resolve, or wait another turn before starting it, or something like that.
    Bug in my game is quite similar. In 38 turn, after split the Fellowship in Amon Hen I tried to attack Uruk-Hai with the Fellowship (except Frodo&Sam) and before loading the battle map I had CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by madel View Post
    Bug in my game is quite similar. In 38 turn, after split the Fellowship in Amon Hen I tried to attack Uruk-Hai with the Fellowship (except Frodo&Sam) and before loading the battle map I had CTD.
    after enabling "widescreen" and "shaders" I had no more CTD

When I run the game for the first time i get an error that says cannot read word censored dictionary or something about a chat filter file. Any ideas?

I was playing as the easterlings (awesome faction) and after I beat the win conditions the game broke and now there is about one third of the original units in each formation. for example, the uruk hai had 227 aprox. and now have 26 units in the formation. I have restarted the game multiple times and nothing seems to work. I mean this is good for unit upkeep costs but the battles are not as awesome now and sometimes even crash before I can even play them

maybe its because you have -22,000 lol