Thread: The Lord of the Rings - Total War (Remastered)

Default The Lord of the Rings - Total War (Remastered)

Hi, I'm posting to let any of the mod fans and old mod team know that Rome Remastered has an LOTR-TW remaster underway.
    There is an entirely new mod team currently doing amazing work porting the mod across!

If you are interested in joining the beta or following progress, please join the Discord -
    https://discord.gg/yBahWGP6

If Wlesmana or Bardo or any of the old team read this, come back!

Default Re: The Lord of the Rings - Total War (Remastered)

link expired can you post again?

Sorry for the late reply.
    This link shouldn't expire.
    https://discord.gg/vSjte8nHpy

Awesome job there! And the best of all is that it is already playable (Currently in BETA), I encourage you all to try it, letīs see if we can organize some multiplayer batles!

Discord: https://discord.gg/vSjte8nHpy
    Last edited by Kellhus; April 03, 2022 at 12:49 AM.

Awesome stuff, great to hear!

I'm glad to see they are porting the mod to Rome Remastered, and I'm liking the way they are doing it.

My favourite part of lotrtw was always Wlesmana's unit models, and even when it seems the leading modder Dagovax had to remake all the models, they seem to keep the same overal look that I liked, but improved with better resolution, and the better lighting of the new engine.

It seems there is already a playable beta that can be used to play online multiplayer battles, and I know certain veteran players that are already wishing to find players to fight online.

I wish the project the best luck.

By the way, CapnDan, if you read this, I sent you a pm. Dagovax is also interested to talk to you.

https://youtu.be/g_3gVxbpw_Q
    Melkor has given the mod some coverage if you want to see some of the new/remastered factions in action.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I'm glad to see they are porting the mod to Rome Remastered, and I'm liking the way they are doing it.

My favourite part of lotrtw was always Wlesmana's unit models, and even when it seems the leading modder Dagovax had to remake all the models, they seem to keep the same overal look that I liked, but improved with better resolution, and the better lighting of the new engine.

It seems there is already a playable beta that can be used to play online multiplayer battles, and I know certain veteran players that are already wishing to find players to fight online.

I wish the project the best luck.

By the way, CapnDan, if you read this, I sent you a pm. Dagovax is also interested to talk to you.
    Dagovax has done way more than that already, he has finished porting all the historicial battles, the Fellowship-scripted campaign, the entire campaign, all the other scripts for the campaign - I am not sure what is missing beore a release but in the Beta I received 5 days ago it had the campaign, the historical battles, the scripts and all the custom cities.

What I think it lacks is any new civilians from Gwoodelfs sub-mod. Not sure if it is lacking something from the main mod. Of course it didn't include the "Oh My God, WTF"-faction - it was entirely cut lol.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

OMGWTF is part of the mod, it's just hidden the exact same way it is on LOTR-TW 3.0.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by messenger View Post
    OMGWTF is part of the mod, it's just hidden the exact same way it is on LOTR-TW 3.0.
    Not in the version I have, in the original mod they showed up when placing the mouse on the area next to the rebels.

Nothing happened when I did the same in the Remastered version.. They probably need coding in the descr_strat to show up.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

We have a nice little overview video that shows in general what is in the mod at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bckiPA83aTA