Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Comments, Suggestions and Gameplay Issues (v3.0)

Default Re: Comments, Suggestions and Gameplay Issues (v3.0)

WARNING:THIS POST HAS A TOO MANY CRAZY IDEA : Kahkaha:
    I think:
    -Eagle
    -Huorn
    -Balrog
    -Spider
    -Tom Bombadil
    -Dwarven Swords
    -Dwarven Scout maybe (Crosbow or bow)
    -Wolves
    -Barrow-wights
    -Dunlending Horseman
    -Beornings (bear form)
    And add many historical battles Battle of the Five Armies,War of Wrath,Battle of Azanulbizar, Battle of Dale ...

That's enough : Kahkaha:

I know this ideas in the long run and very very very difficult.But every three months, just one idea add this game and than I am so happy

WARNING:THIS POST HAS A TOO MANY CRAZY IDEA
    I'm agree

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    Harad is not able to build roads at start and they don't appear in the building browser.

Will they be able to build any roads in the future, if (for example) they capture settlements, north to them?
    I guess the answer for the above queston is No.

I want to ask something else. Is Mordor able to recruit spies? Or they only have the Eye of Sauron?

Hi, Stath's

Actually there's nobody of the team here to give you a good reply...wait a few days, untill Bardo returns from hollidays , he's the man that can give you the best reply to your questions.

Ok, thanks Milner

Hello,a have got 1 question: dwarven hirelingas are balanced?Their power dont changed,but i can error.
    And about my language: i know - its not true writed,brcsude im a russian.

@Heliopolis: why do you think dwarven hirelings are not balanced?
    They are supposed to be balanced both in campaign and multiplayer.

@Stath's: the only spy available for Mordor is the eye of sauron, but it is a powerful one. It is not possible to allow different spy models for the same culture.

We never liked how the roads are showed in the battle field (specially the bridges in the rivers) and I think that is the main reason that construction of roads is very limited for some factions.
    Harads were designed to be unable to build any road, no matter the terrain.

@BÖCCÜK: Wlesmana was working in the Balrog and the Eagles when he retired from modding. It is a pitty he was unable to finish them. There are no plans for future patches with new content, sorry.

Thanks Bardo for the answer. I guess Mordor has a lot of advantages, so this disadvantage adds to the balance of the game.

I want to ask sth else. How many Fellbeasts are supposed a Nazgul to have in his unit? Are 4 ok?

It depends on the unit size settings. In Huge size you will see 4 fellbeasts, and 4 Saurons/Sarumans, I'm afraid.
    It is a hardcoded limit. We were able to show only 1 fellbeast (or Sauron) at start of campaign, but as soon as you reload the game, they are restored to 4.

Hey! Great mod! I'm really enjoying playing it as Rohan, and I donn't even think the Uruk Pikemen are too OP, I managed to defeat them with my cavalry, using the only effectic strategy against them, which is attack from two or better yet four sides.

Somehow, tho, Gonder started attacking me after only 15 or 16 turns, while Mordor was all about them. Also, after 8 turns Sauron already got the Ring!
    And Rohan is not making any money at all, I reached around -15000 before my army was slowly decreasing in numbers because I was fighting Isengard. Will I be able to build stuff in the Dunland Camp or the Fangorn Camp?

I dunno if this is all behavioural stuff, but... I wrote it and don't wanna delete it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    It depends on the unit size settings. In Huge size you will see 4 fellbeasts, and 4 Saurons/Sarumans, I'm afraid.
    It is a hardcoded limit. We were able to show only 1 fellbeast (or Sauron) at start of campaign, but as soon as you reload the game, they are restored to 4.
    Understood Do you believe Fellbeasts are overpowered? Maybe do you have sth to suggest as to how their attributes should be manually changed?

P.S. Seeing the Haradrim Mumakil model on the Campaign Map is an awesome experience

Continuing about Fellbeasts. Maybe their attack has to be lowered around 19 or 18? I was progressing with my Mordor Campaign VH/H, having just captured Minas Tirith (17th turn0 and i realised i have won almost everything because of Fellbeasts. So i deleted my campaign and will starat a new one after making some changes regarding the Fellbeasts.

They kill too many, they die too hard.

I agree Fellbeasts may be overpowered in the hands of a human player, and I think it is a good house rule to avoid using them. In order to create the illusion of flying, they have a small hit area that makes it hard to kill them in melee, almost impossible if you keep them moving. They are vulnerable to missiles, but AI is not good taking this advantage.

We tested a lot of stats for them, but if you make them more vulnerable to attacks, they will die too easely against missiles. If you reduce their attack power, they will be unable to harm moving enemies, specially in the hands of AI. It is really hard unit to balance.

Have I been ignored?

It was not on purpose...
    Thank you for your comments.

If you capture Fangorn, you can get Ents there, under these conditions:
    -faction: gondor, rohan, dale, free-peoples or elves.
    -there is a governor in the city
    -the happiness level is at his maximus (green level)
    -the treasure of the faction is over 0
    -arround 5% chances each turn

I kind of noticed most units have excellent morale I kind of want to ask why ?
    I have to rout enemy one by one, and I kind of feel like Bandits wouldn't care about staying and fighting, same thing goes for some other units

played the mod yesterday (for the second time) for a couple hours before I ran into a blue screen right after loading a battle map. could hear the units banging around, but could only see a blue battle screen. and i mean light blue like baby blue? anyway the minimap and all of that were there but when i went to click on it it made a copy of the mouse and yeah crazy mouse stuff started happening.

So i quit the battle. went back to the campaign map and everything seemed fine so i played a couple more turns. might have played a battle or two after. but then the mouse started copying itself again on one battle that started fine, went to click the start battle button, the screen goes blue again... mouse copied it self as i moved the mouse.... pressed the esc key (for the menu) and it popped up so it only seemed to be affecting the battle screen. went ahead and left the game then. and wanted to see what you guys say before going back in. it never did CTD. And I love this mod. I just am hoping this doesnt continue to happen.

okay so I am just adding to my previous post above (number 98). I have played it again soon after logging out yesterday and the problem did not happen. However I am going back to my roots of Mideval 2 total war and saving before every turn i have a battle which will help if the above happens again.

The diplomacy "cheat" does not work for me though. I will check it again today. and re-read how its suppose to be done. I am sure i will post again in the future.

Diplomacy cheat works.

Quick question, is it possible to disable the scripts? Or at least the Diplomacy ai to ai script? I want to see who would win in a war against dwarves and Dale.

Another question, I lost my diplomat, how would I go about getting another if it's even possible.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast