Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Comments, Suggestions and Gameplay Issues (v3.0)

Default Re: Comments, Suggestions and Gameplay Issues (v3.0)

It is a bug in the animation of the fellbeast that can not be fixed with current tools. It is the same reason why fellbeasts find it hard to attack succesfully to moving units.

Wulfburk,

I know the forcediplomacy cheat but dwarven insist on declare war again and again, turn after turn... I supossed that the blind alliances script will have the same effect .

Anyway, a Dale faction as protectorade from Dwarven is a quite "realistic" thing according to the lore, IMO.

Thanks everybody.
    Last edited by Sobibor; April 09, 2013 at 10:06 AM.

Well yeah the dwarves will continue attacking you with the blind alliances script, but then you dont have to send the diplomat there, and the script works for non player factions, such as Rohan and Gondor in your campaign, so it is worth enabling it IMO.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I have been playing this mod for many many years now and I have to say I love the new cities. So I want to keep playing with them.

BUT the campaign is now incredibly easy. I understand it makes sense for people who want all the factions to survive for 100 turns, but I do not want that. I no longer have a sense of urgency in the slightest when I play.

Is their a way I can turn up AI aggressiveness? I miss the days when hordes of orcs would be coming at me every turn.

Quick note I play on VH/VH without cheating.

I would say that the main changes that made the orcs less powerful in this version was the readjustment of autoresolve battles, the higher recruitment times, and the reduction of helps given to the AI by scripts.

I'd suggest to test the alternative Fast Recruitment times:
    1. Execute the program JSGME.exe (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler)
    2. Select the "Fast Recruitment" mod in the window "Available Mods" and click button ">" until it is moved to "Activated Mods"
    3. Then you can close the Generic Mod Enabler. Or to use the button "<<" to return to original version.

If not enough, I'll try to create an alternative script with more helps to Mordor, more similar to previous versions.

I would say that the main changes that made the orcs less powerful in this version was the readjustment of autoresolve battles, the higher recruitment times, and the reduction of helps given to the AI by scripts.

I'd suggest to test the alternative Fast Recruitment times:
    1. Execute the program JSGME.exe (Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler)
    2. Select the "Fast Recruitment" mod in the window "Available Mods" and click button ">" until it is moved to "Activated Mods"
    3. Then you can close the Generic Mod Enabler. Or to use the button "<<" to return to original version.

If not enough, I'll try to create an alternative script with more helps to Mordor, more similar to previous versions.

Thanks. I'm giving the Fast Recruitment mod a try.

I activated the Fast Recruitment mod and started a VH/VH game with gondor. I didn't move any units, only hit end turn till turn 15 and all mordor took from me was osgiliath in that time. Isengard had managed to lose fangorn forest while taking nothing from rohan. Misty Mountain goblins had only taken one province from rebels. Southrons no provinces. Easterlings 2 fairly inconsequential ones from rebels. And Dunlendings 2 from the rebels. Good jobs evil factions. While all good factions had taken 2-4 provinces from rebels.

Last time I played as Mordor I took Minas Tirith and all of Gondor east of it by turn 8 on VH/VH. No sweat. Should the AI be that worse than a human player?

ExtremeBG's Avatar Decanus

I have a problem: i am playing as Dwarfs and when i took Framsburg and Nimloth and they reached 2000 population, i couldn't upgrade them and the happiness started dropping massively with the increase in the population.All other cities i have taken can be upgraded to more than 2000,so now i have to constantly fill those 2 with troops to prevent them from rebelling .

Macedonia(FYROM) is Bulgarian. If you don't believe me, read a book.

Do merry and pippin turn up in the free peoples' campaign? if so, how to trigger them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance175 View Post
    I activated the Fast Recruitment mod and started a VH/VH game with gondor. I didn't move any units, only hit end turn till turn 15 and all mordor took from me was osgiliath in that time. Isengard had managed to lose fangorn forest while taking nothing from rohan. Misty Mountain goblins had only taken one province from rebels. Southrons no provinces. Easterlings 2 fairly inconsequential ones from rebels. And Dunlendings 2 from the rebels. Good jobs evil factions. While all good factions had taken 2-4 provinces from rebels.

Last time I played as Mordor I took Minas Tirith and all of Gondor east of it by turn 8 on VH/VH. No sweat. Should the AI be that worse than a human player?
    Yep, the AI is that bad compared to the player, and it has been similar in previous versions of the mod. I think the only difference is that now the AI is less agressive, but it should be harder to conquer them.
    As I said, I'll try to make an alternative version of the script where Mordor and Isengard recives more money, to make them as agressive as previous versions.
    Thank you for the feedback, Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeBG View Post
    I have a problem: i am playing as Dwarfs and when i took Framsburg and Nimloth and they reached 2000 population, i couldn't upgrade them and the happiness started dropping massively with the increase in the population.All other cities i have taken can be upgraded to more than 2000,so now i have to constantly fill those 2 with troops to prevent them from rebelling .
    That was not intended. We needed to forbid to dwarves to upgrade the cities in order to avoid a crash caused by the new settlement plans (when there are walls).
    I understand the happiness would be a problem in those conquered settlements. I'll see what we could do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy843 View Post
    Do merry and pippin turn up in the free peoples' campaign? if so, how to trigger them?
    They are officers in the unit of Boromir. You can see them in battle, but not in campaign.
    Last edited by Bardo; April 13, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Thank's Bardo!!!

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

I play this mod for ages and every time I fight a new campaign it's even more fun! Thanks a lot for this outstanding peace of art!!! I guess the double general problem cant' be fixed, can it?

Hi, had a great Rohan campaign! I destroyed Dunland and Isengard...and accidentally defeated Mordor by killing Sauron with an infected plague spy...not very heroic but next time I know Sauron has a weak immune system and has to be treated carefully...! And Moria map had an awesome atmosphere! Thanks for that! Only thing is that bridge of khazadum is at the wrong entrance but very nice!!! Super mod!!! All thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    I play this mod for ages and every time I fight a new campaign it's even more fun! Thanks a lot for this outstanding peace of art!!! I guess the double general problem cant' be fixed, can it?
    At the end we were unable to fix it. Sauron, Saurman, and rest of special heroes, appear as single models, even in large and huge settings, but only until you reload a savegame. If you do not want to see duplicated models after reloads, the only way is to use "normal" unit size settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    Hi, had a great Rohan campaign! I destroyed Dunland and Isengard...and accidentally defeated Mordor by killing Sauron with an infected plague spy...not very heroic but next time I know Sauron has a weak immune system and has to be treated carefully...! And Moria map had an awesome atmosphere! Thanks for that! Only thing is that bridge of khazadum is at the wrong entrance but very nice!!! Super mod!!! All thumbs up!
    Ouch, it is a bug if the bridge is at the wrong side... I'll verify it, we can rotate it if that is the case.

Hi Bardo, I hoped you could rotate the moria map! I attacked from the west entrance and had to go over the bridge but as far as I know the bridge is near to the east entrance...and I am not sure what you mean with "normal unit size"...I chose "normal" but I guess I have to go one level beyond to get single saruman, sauron and fellbeasts...anyway, thanks a lot!

Is it possible to lower gollum's kill probability of 1%? Second campaign, second time that I see Gollum standing on the map with the ring after a few rounds. This time I sighted him between Rivendell and Moria...

Had a problem with Amon Gastal battle map. I guess CTD was caused by the combination of elven walls and major's cottage (Northmen). Hope the problem will be fixed as soon as I can upgrade the city with galadhrim elven hall...
    And it appears to me that arrows can't be shot above gaps in Moria...at least at the east gate...

Treebeard looks great! Unfortunately, I couldn't hire him with my diplomat...

Suggestion for galadhrim swords and swordsmen...units would look even more beautiful if they had thinner and metal like coloured two handed swords like these of the twighlight guards...the colour contrast of the white weapons is to big for the rest of the units...if you ask me...!

EDIT: Suggestion: Elven watch towers for strat map would create a great atmosphere!
    Last edited by Halvar von Flake; May 04, 2013 at 08:06 AM.

Some things that came into my mind when playing my favourite free peoples factions…

Suggestions:

- bonusfor Anduril against Sauron
    - mapsfor Barrow Downs and Ruins of Tharbad
    - Farmersand Villagers recruitable for free peoples
    - othercaptains for free peoples, they don’t really fit for the rangers and otherunits, a ranger captain that leads thepeasant militias would be nice
    - spearcarriers as peasant riders for free peoples
    - gandalfas single rider or fireball (elephant) as I saw in the unit script for freepeoples when he returns
    - radagastas diplomat for free peoples
    - lossothas mercernaries in the northern waste (didn’t they exist in older versions ofthe mod?)

Comments:

- introvid is awesome!!! Who made it?
    - verynice orc rabbles destruction vid!
    - awesomenew cities overall!!!
    - didn’tmanage to get a battle at Amon Sul yet, but beautiful strat map model!
    - verynice barrow wights in the downs!
    - gorgeousnew models for Galadriel, Denethor etc.
    - don’tlike the Northern rangers available for Gondor very much

Otherissues:

- thebree militia fix causes graphical errors with the town militia
    - boromirunit for free peoples melee attacks if you direct its missile fire to a specialtarget and has only 1 as charge bonus and no Ithilien rangers picture yet

Thank you, Halvar von Flake, very useful feedback.

It seems we will need a bugfix patch sooner than I expected, mainly due to the missing bree texture.

The intro vid was made by Echolyn (he is in the credits), and I agree he did a wonderful job.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast