Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: One Year One Turn

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: One Year One Turn

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    the totalwar games are arcade games not strategy games,the totalwar games are for casual players,illiterate and teenagers only.
    Total war is still a Strategy game its just not what it used to be in my opinion. I just don't like how they are saying we got a big check to make this game awesome then stamp on limits to features to the game its just really bad to be honest.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Primicerius

i'm a fanboy of high strategy and serious games only and not a casual player as you,that has no idea what is a strategy game.
    It's funny that you say that. Who said I'm a casual gamer? I certainly didn't. I was referring to the majority of players. I'm not one of them. A true strategy gamer? I play games more complex than TW.

Have you ever played Supreme Ruler: Cold War? It's geopolitical game about the entire world. Has every country, Has nearly every major town/city, military base, power plant, resource concentration, military forces, economy, etc. They have almost every current military unit from the 21st century that I can think of. There's thousands of military units across the map. It's a learning curve at first even for the best strategy gamer. It gets repetitive but it is a sound strategy game. Stop insulting others please. Okay, off topic but whatever.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PietroMicca View Post
    Sure? Rome I's campaign lasted 568 turns and I think is the most successful Total War Game.
    I'm pretty sure ETW and TWS2 outsold RTW.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PietroMicca View Post
    Sure? Rome I's campaign lasted 568 turns and I think is the most successful Total War Game.
    But they probably have only data from Steam delivered games : ETW, NTW, S2TW or FotS, all TW titles which main campaign was between 200 and 300 turns...

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Classic Anibal - His posts make this forum priceless.

Primicerius

the totalwar games are arcade games not strategy games,the totalwar games are for casual players,illiterate and teenagers only.
    Why are you here if you don't like them?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    But they probably have only data from Steam delivered games : ETW, NTW, S2TW or FotS, all TW titles wich main campaign was between 200 and 300 turns...
    Do people have a problem with the turn number in these games? I found 200-300 about the right amount.

Rhaegar1's Avatar Campidoctor

I allways enjoy how you of all people dare to call other people illiterate with your bad grammar.

And what the hell? Who are you to be so judgemental to people for being a casual player? I'm proud for being a casual player because that means I have an interesting and healthy life outside of my computer screen. It really is sad that you feel the need to feel superior because you are a 'hardcore player'

edit: of course was this aimed at the latest post from annibal the self acclaimed superior strategy gamer, whatever that means
    Last edited by Rhaegar1; March 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    'I'll be damned ' Marcellus Wallis

@Dan113112 dude sorry stop double posting it gets annoying. Anyways I still think they need to find common ground with there Fanbase and the new folk who never played this game. But don't go announcing hey guys we got a huge check to make Rome 2 awesome then stamp on limits and cut features.
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I guess I would be casual. I play once a week, don't really use mods, don't feel the need for obscene historical realism and excessive gameplay features.

It's about having a bit of fun at the end of the day.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Do people have a problem with the turn number in these games? I found 200-300 about the right amount.
    I have only problem with "experts" from CA and their "statistics".
    I will be very interested to know from what titles they had extract their stats.

Because saying that "most peoples don't play more than 200 to 300 turns" based on stats from games having no more than 200-300 turns for the main campaign... such experts could work for banks and other financial organizations...
    Last edited by wangrin; March 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Eofor's Avatar Domesticus

the totalwar games are arcade games not strategy games

Then why do none of the arcades I've been to have a Total War machine? Or is this just another empty copy-paste complaint from a self-proclaimed intelligent gamer who only plays games with the most tedious of micromanagement?
    PS you really shouldn't go around accusing others of illiteracy when every post of yours implies you don't know what the shift key is used for.
    Last edited by Eofor; March 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Will historical events take place on the year they did....historically or will they be triggered by the player? Eg. Marian reforms.
    Last edited by Darth Red; March 19, 2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: insult

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    @Dan113112 dude sorry stop double posting it gets annoying. Anyways I still think they need to find common ground with there Fanbase and the new folk who never played this game. But don't go announcing hey guys we got a huge check to make Rome 2 awesome then stamp on limits and cut features.
    I don't double post. Double posting is when you accidently post the same thing twice. I haven't. I simply haven't grouped multiple posts into one and I'm sorry for that.

Yeah, they need to find common ground I agree. I also agree that they shouldn't post that they have this giant budget because people get judgmental about what CA did with the budget. Even if we don't know what cost what.

with a turn by year,How many shifts take the constructions and the sieges?
    CA must change this fiasco and take another course on making a good game.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    Yet not every 13 year old is going to get into the game without someone directing them into it
    True, though excluding US TW games followers who liked the previous games (mostly) and are accustomed on how it handles, WHAT 13 YEAR OLDS would actually come in a store and buy it? Since TW games arent meant for their audience.
    Games now are targeting precisely the hyper-low attention span-casual (not an insult, but it does take investment to be a gamer) kids, and since the TW games are exactly the contrary to the previous mentioned, why does CA change TW into a game for the "new customers" and expect to even make a buck (since if the veterans smell **** they wont buy it)?

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post

Movement distances are still being balanced, but do not expect to be able to move huge distances with armies in a single turn. The forced march/double time stance will let you move 2 to 3 times the distance, but you will not be able to attack with your army if you do that. It allows for rapid movement around the map, but without the capability for headshots. Your opponents will have time to react to it.
    Sorry you lost me here, even if I cannot attack after a forced march moving 2 - 3 times the normal distance seems quite large, plonking my army deep inside enemy territory next to one of its cities and inviting the AI to attack me maybe just as good as being able to attack during normal movement.

Are CA going back to a Risk type campaign map? Because it has been heading that way since ETW and it sure looks like with RTW2 that is what you will effectively have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    I don't double post. Double posting is when you accidently post the same thing twice. I haven't. I simply haven't grouped multiple posts into one and I'm sorry for that.

Yeah, they need to find common ground I agree. I also agree that they shouldn't post that they have this giant budget because people get judgmental about what CA did with the budget. Even if we don't know what cost what.
    Yeah just letting you know I have gotten a warning for doing that back when I was a newb on these forums lol ..... Anyways thanks for agreeing it is a true fact that they should find a common ground instead of saying sorry guys its the Majority rule and those of you who love are games suck it up because we want more people to buy our games. Well the thing is they need to keep there fanbase as well because Im tell you if you kill your fanbase game is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    You can still decide history at 1TPY. There is no turn cap so what's the point in having many turns per year aside form proper seasons? Most players don't care.
    In 4 turns per year your generals don't have a natural death in less than 100 turns. Now in 1 turn per year...

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I guess I would be casual. I play once a week, don't really use mods, don't feel the need for obscene historical realism and excessive gameplay features.

It's about having a bit of fun at the end of the day.
    Yes, you sound like a casual TW player. Yes, these games are not simulation, nor are they especially difficult. "Obscene historical realism" though is in the eye of the beholder. Authenticity = immersion = a bit of fun at the end of the day. That's why they do mocap and research equipment and uniforms etc. It's all about where you draw the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Sorry you lost me here, even if I cannot attack after a forced march moving 2 - 3 times the normal distance seems quite large, plonking my army deep inside enemy territory next to one of its cities and inviting the AI to attack me maybe just as good as being able to attack during normal movement.

Are CA going back to a Risk type campaign map? Because it has been heading that way since ETW and it sure looks like with RTW2 that is what you will effectively have.
    I agree this is worrisome. And the whole reason this new ability appears to have been introduced is to limit the number of campaign game turns.
    Last edited by Huberto; March 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM.