Thread: Portraits & Loading Screens, vol. II: Oriental factions

Default Portraits & Loading Screens, vol. II: Oriental factions

While completing my crusader-themed expansion pack, I have, as a side project, begun work on a generic-oriental styled version. It is intended to be used for the islamic factions and will, both due to lack of proper material and time constrains, propably turn out very unhistoric and romanticised.

But it's going to look great!

---
    101 nights. 101 stories. 113 loading screens! ^^

Loading Screens

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Downloads

Loading screens: http://freakshare.com/files/sq2p8yhc...04-13.rar.html (119 MB)

Installation

Unpack the archive to the "\data\loading_screen" folder of your mod folder or Medieval 2 vanilla directory, depending on where you want to use them.

Better move your existing files into a subfolder you call something like "backup", so you can restore them anytime you want.

As before, this pack includes a custom made loading bar and a transparent loading logo, so the frame elements do not look out of place and you have a free view on these wonderful pieces of artwork while you're waiting for the game to load ;-)
    Last edited by rummtata; April 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Default Re: Portraits & Loading Screens, vol. II: Oriental factions

I think it looks great man, anyway "historical" has been done to death. Romanticized is good I think. Its great to see the islamic factions getting some lovin' too.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Thanks! I wish more people would be frequenting the forums these days, BC in particular seems to be in some kind of stupor. But that might change when 2.4 comes out, and till then there will be a lot more material ready for my eyecandy submods =)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

wow i surely like this idea,i am kinda bored at the 2.3 loading screens which only shows different troops from all factions,also i love the quotes during loading screen for it gives me information normally would be hard to find or know so please include that also.

Guys, I know it's been some time since there was any progress. I can't help it since there is only so much time to allocate, but today I have something for you: 113 beautiful oriental loading screens. Enjoy!

P.S.: My collection has been growing in these last weeks, and while sorting through this stuff I have noticed that the amount of suitable images for the Byzantine and Steppe cultures are not as pitiful as they were before. They would probably not be as extensive, but if there is interest, I can make packs for these factions as well. Later, perhaps, I might even have enough material to provide for the Indian factions, we'll see.
    Last edited by rummtata; April 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

TracePoland's Avatar Foederatus

Nice Submod

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

http://freakshare.com/files/sq2p8yhc...04-13.rar.html
    File does not exist anymore.

Please re-upload.

pks reupload

Hussain's Avatar Laetus

Icon4 Portraits & Loading Screens, vol I &. II: KOJ Oriental factions (Help)

Hey guys this is my first time ever creating a thread
    So I wanted to ask if someone still has the files of these two mini-mods Rummtata made.The work he produced made my eyes jizz So if someone has the files lying around can they please post or upload them? I'll be eternally grateful I love Broken Crescent, hope 2.4 comes out soon (Y)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ental-factions
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-screens-KOJ

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Sorry for spoiling you the pleasure of creating your first thread ever, but since it is Submod subform, and you don't present any submod, you don't really need to create a separate thread to ask a question.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Hussain's Avatar Laetus

Well Ouch xD sorry about that though I'm a noob but as you can see download links have expired So if you can, then please help me :/