View Poll Results: Shall we do the garrison script to The Sundering (only in key cities of the AI)?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is needed

4 100.00%
  • No way!

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

These look simply GREAT!!!! Your work is above any of my expectations, great job!
    One thing though: don't you think some more Chaos-look background should be good? I mean there are some pics where a bit more chaos, a bit more confusion, a bit more of the warp essence should be good. But this is just my 2 cents.
    I meant something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Bela; March 22, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Default Re: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

I agree, some of the backgrounds look too calm. I will try cropping some battlefield scenes from other images and apply them with motion blur, but I'll need to be careful because some of the units are clearly depicted as standing still and it might be irritating for the viewer to create too much of a contrast in that regard. Thanks for the input so far.

Oh and guys, take a look at the very first discussion thread in the SOW subforum.
    Look deep into my eyes, I know you want to go there and share your ideas....

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

I like them! They're very fitting.

Now comes the fun part ^^

For starters, I've solved the problem with the mortar picture. I simply took this image,

shortened the barrel, added muzzle flash + smoke, and voila:

I know that you don't aim a mortar that way and the projectile that crew member is carrying hardly fits into the barrel now, but it's a quick job ;-)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Awesome job with that work around. Good fix.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

if anyone asks we will just say the guy carrying the shell is an idiot and got lost on his way to the organ gun

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    if anyone asks we will just say the guy carrying the shell is an idiot and got lost on his way to the organ gun
    And that they're on a hill, so it IS aiming at an angle.

I have devised a sophisticated diagram which we can use to scientificly prove that the depicted shot is both possible and tactically appropiate. Green indicates the position and angle of the daring cameraman who took this picture:

It took me merely six hours to create this. I will hand in the corresponding data sheet later.

In other news: This time, for a moment, I was seriously concerned that the forums might be gone for good...

really good stuff

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Dammit, rummtata, I'll have to spread some rep around before I can give you some for that brilliant diagram. I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximicus View Post
    I laughed.
    This is no laughing matter. I had outside help from two aquainted physicists who both agreed that we should open a military consulting group ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rummtata View Post

It took me merely six hours to create this. I will hand in the corresponding data sheet later.
    1 hr for starting snack which you will call "re feuling" ... 2hrs tracking down a suitably young and weak child preferable with asthma that you could steal markers of .. 1 hr attempting to draw the diagram then realization struck that you are hopelessly bad at this...1hr spent apologizing and convincing the small child to help you draw said diagram ... 30 minutes for lunch ,playtime, and promising that you will be best friends forever ... 10 minutes for the child to shout at you for doing it wrong ... 5 minutes for him to draw the diagram ... 10 minutes for you to run all the way home ... 4 minutes for you to rage beat your scanner for not co operating ... and finally 1 minute for tea

Quote Originally Posted by rummtata View Post
    In other news: This time, for a moment, I was seriously concerned that the forums might be gone for good...
    you fool TWcentre will never die!!

and doesn't anyone else read these http://www.twcenter.net/forums/annou...hp?f=654&a=389 ....

give him half a chance to fix it
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 23, 2013 at 05:10 PM.

An astonishingly close estimate, my good sire. If your lance is as much 'to the point' as your analytic skills, the almighty forbid I ever challenge you on the field of battle, lest I had invested 2 minutes into drinking tea

P.S.: I do read these announcements, but when I can't access the forums for more than 8 hours I automatically begin to panic, I can't help it, it drives me crazy

Admit it, you were curious why that dwarf with the large shell didn't find his way to the organ guns. Well, that's because it's night and smoke is all over the place:

This is a collage of miniatures with added smoke and lightning effects. At least it's not as boring as before, and we have our organ gun pic ;-)

Wonderful organ gun. You can't even tell it's miniatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximicus View Post
    You can't even tell it's miniatures.
    Though shalt not lie! but the intent is appreciated

you can't tell the gun is a miniature at all the dwarf is 50/50 but what i really like is the varying smoke comin out of each barrel really makes it look cool

i would rep you again if i could...

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    what i really like is the varying smoke comin out of each barrel
    Indeed I took care to accurately depict the gun firing its barrels in rapid succession, not simultaneously, but I did not expect someone to actually notice that. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Since you guys are so exemplary gentlemen and appreciative recipients of my work, I stayed up a bit longer just to finish the final piece of the dwarven artillery roster (and therefore, the the roster as a whole, but that will have to wait for tomorrow ^^):

Those orcs and other meanies better get prepared for some serious sunburns

how much bad ass artillery do dwarves have?

and i finally found a friend who plays warhammer so he can explain it to me

although are first conversation consisted of him telling e if i don't get bretonnia right i will be maimed ...

are all warhammer fans so crazy about there chosen armies?

*note to self find a way to get this man some more rep*

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast