View Poll Results: Shall we do the garrison script to The Sundering (only in key cities of the AI)?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is needed

4 100.00%
  • No way!

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

Default Re: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

^ Precisely my thought.
    In 'ur base, killing 'ur dudes.

Default Re: Unit info card, economics boost + loyal allies submod for version 0.69

It seldom hurts to pool resources =)

Today, with great pleasure, a preview of what I've been doing for propably the most underrated faction ever. Your thoughts on the different picture alternatives are, as always, appreciated:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notes:
    - no drawings for organ gun, mortar, flame cannon. cool photographs of miniatures however, good for creating solutions later on.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

I vote Hammerers 2, Ironbreakers 1, Longbeards 2, Miners 2, Slayers 1, Thunderers 1. Good stuff!

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth91 View Post
    Actually i was looking for some elven titles, but I found none excepted something for Nagarythe such as drachau or vaulkhar; also it's quite painful to scratch out from nothing a description for 70-80 settlements of which only a handful have a true history. I mean, to add a title for Lothern or Tor Anlec it's easy, for small villages such as Elisia and the like what can you write ? Probably I'll just stick to "this guy is lord of Elisia, a small village in Chrace" and we're done. Crown ancillaries are easy to do and I can do them easily in half an hour, but the rest is not.
    That is the main problem here. There are so few sources and sometimes it's very hard to find any useful information. Maybe the best solution is to do the same on small settlements like with the bigger ones.

I was half expecting your proposal
    Yep, it was somewhat logical, wasn't it? I mean there's a relative small fan base around this mod, and why should we do differently if we can agree on changes.
    It's not a bad idea, but the problem is in the nature of our submods: they're both a collectanea of minor tweaks and improvements, and they may be conflicting each other: for example I'm fine with the actual economy, and I'd change just the settlements growth rate.
    Exactly, this was why I re-wrote my post three times
    What if we have different views about our programs ? One of us may wish to change something that goes fine with the other. Basically I'm saying yes, but we should write down a clear program for the submod' purposes.
    Just like in my other contributions, as usual Simple thing it is. We do modding in our free time as a hobby, and I really think that noone needs any arguments about how to do what we want to do. But I think kind modders always find an acceptable solution for all parties. (which will be radically changed after test results... )

One last thing: currently I'm working/playing with SS and I have some issues in my private life (read: Easter holidays and university), so for a couple of weeks I should be able to work out only small things.
    As said, this is a hobby, no need to rush, take your time. Real life always comes first, me for example have two jobs and my little daughter will be born in one-and-a-half month, so life is busy here as well. Besides real life, I'm greatly involved in Dargondawn (former Dragonborn) as a coder, and also helping the new team of my old project Divide and Conquer for Third Age (really only a bit), and also help a bit in MOS for Third Age.

Yeah, like Stainless Steel where you can choose the AI aggressiveness, using BGR or not, etc.
    ^ Precisely my thought.
    I'm a noob to switchers. But sounds like a good idea. Anyhow, do not forget that Sundering and SftOW will have this kind of switcher after its release
    I think I must re-download good old SS. Must have a look at it as well.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

sorry i disappeared when things got interesting i'm in university too and had to play with DNA for so many many hours....

anyway i like the idea of using soldiers from another faction in my capitol

and if the differences in the two mods are small we could just use a .bat file no need for a full switcher which is much more complicated
    Last edited by knight of meh; March 21, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Phew, Chaos is always... chaos. Lots of units, many illustrations, at least for most of them. Difficult to clearly differentiate between Ungors, Gors, Bestigors and Minotaurs, will try to do better when I got the time. Many variatons this time, what do you think?

P.S.: First time there is a picture for every unit in the first preview. Yay!

Last edited by rummtata; March 21, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

bestigor_1
    bloodletter_3 (<--bad ass)
    bloodthirster 1 or 3 ... leaning towards 3
    chaosspawn_3
    chaos warrior_3 or 4 not sure i like them
    demonette_2
    i'm liking all the harpy pics
    lord_of_change_2
    minotaur_2
    pink_horror_3
    ungor_3

Bestigore 1, bloodletter 3, bloodthirster 3, chaos spawn 2, chaos warrior 2, daemonettes 1, harpy 1, lord of change 1, minotaur 4, pink horror 3, ungor 3.

Are there any unit pics for High Elves and Dark Elves missing? Since Bretonnia and Wood Elves aren't done yet, that would only leave the Tombkings and Empire pics left to do before I can start refining them, filling the gaps and begin work on the UIs =)

P.S.: I just realized the Empire units aren't available for custom battles yet, either. Kind of assumed they would be.

Well, I guess that leaves Tomb Kings for our immediate needs? Let's take a look... (*vanishes into the archives*)

*comes out of the vault, presenting a dusty volume*

*you suddenly feel cold and your mouth gets all dry. you feel the weight of aeons emanating from this eerie book, and your ears seem to imagine that outside a sudden breeze has started and something grainy... sand? ... is polishing the walls, eroding them ever so slowly. your heart starts hammering as you take the heavy, leatherclad book and stare at the alien symbols on the cover. Though your concious mind insists on a complete lack of comprehension, you feel alarmed, your soul shaken at it's very core. But at the same time, there is a strange excitement, like the secrets of another world just wait to be uncovered, right in front of you.*

Do you open the book?

Notes:
    - no drawing for ushabti with bows, will have to edit them later

P.S.: Couldn't resist the sudden creative surge. Guess I've chatted to much about tabletop RPGs with nerdy people today ^^
    Last edited by rummtata; March 21, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Save efforts in ancillaries for SoW, bretonnia really needs ancillaries like Duke of X or Y. And moreover, Drachaud, Vaulkhar etc are Dark Elves aka Naggaroth titles, and not Nagarythe titles.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Hey madman, what about the Empire units, are they in such a state that they will be included in the first SoW release?

Also, which of you is responsible for battle animations? I have to rep whoever it is to death, you did an amazing job with most units, especially the larger ones. They really look like they're fighting smaller units, and that with the Medieval 2 engine - I don't know how you did it ;-)

^ Crown/settlements ancillaries for Bretonnia and the Empire are easy to do, provided the full list of regions; maybe even something for the dwarves. About drachau/vaulkhar, they're the only titles I'm aware of; and calling every single one of them "lord of X, lord of Y" is quite dull, I'd prefer to have something different depending on the faction. However I repeat, I can only work on the text files, someone else will have to take care of the 2D work.
    In 'ur base, killing 'ur dudes.

Yeah, I don't know of any other titles for Dark Elves, but depending on the regions, Bretonnia and The Empire have barons, dukes, counts, lords, marquis, etc. Pretty much the full list of peerage titles could be used, potentially. For the Dwarfs, I think each Dwarven Hold is technically its own kingdom, with it's own king, each answering to the high king. They could have differing bonuses and such reflecting the nature of the hold, for instance the King of Barak Varr could have a 10% bonus to trade income to reflect being king of the mighty sea port.

for dwarves i think other ancillaries are going to be more fun ... like clan leader or longbeard and such

For sure. Slayer bodyguard, cask of ale, keg of ale, tub of ale, barrel of ale, rune axe, fine-toothed beard comb... the list goes on.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Made some frames for the unit info pics yesterday. Here's one, it should go to the Dark Elves/Nagarythe:

I hope you like this

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Looks great Bela, well done. Would you attach/upload them, e.g. as PNG, when they're finished? I'm preparing the unit pics for a first release and could already apply the frames you've done; would save time =)

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Thanks, PM sent to you

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Great, Bela.

The Chaos pics are ready, I think, they just need a frame now. I've tinkered a bit, aiming at uniformity and (more or less) a representation of what the unit actually looks on the battlefield. Now you should really criticize me because if you don't like something and don't say anything, it's propably going to stay the way it is ^^

View the preview in a separate tab/window for full size, these are no thumbs, they're full res. Your thoughts?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast