Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] NEW UNITS for FOTS (DMS) by evilspleen1213

Default Re: [BETA] NEW UNITS for FOTS (DMS) by evilspleen1213

Quote Originally Posted by evilspleen1213 View Post
    Does this work?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2hkc2bsn3j851tb

@cathedralsquares
    Cool dude, I was thinking about not giving bayonets to fortress units like reservists and domain guards, but yeah you get the idea. Interesting idea with the Revolutionary thing...my original thought was just like youthful, radical activists or something. I must admit I don't feel like doing the icons again lmao. Idk when I get some free time maybe I'll do some kind of tweakin'
    Bluhh I hate doing the icons as well they're a pain in the ass. I'm surprised you did them at all. I also have yet to recruit my babies but soon. Soon. I've done a few stats modifications to round out some of the units swapped the guns on a few to make them more effective in comparison to standard line infantry (which I've come to realize are exceptionally cost efficient) and give others a more unique feel. The reason I gave those recruits and reservist troops bayonets was because it sounds like they'd go to the fortress to grab their guns then go to the army so they'd just grab the most common equipment available and don't own their own stuff. At least that was my reasoning. They do look somewhat odd with being so feudal then having a bunch of bayonets sticking out everywhere haha.
    Last edited by Cathedralsquares; April 30, 2013 at 02:19 AM.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

Gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by preussen6 View Post
    First don't use google translator, second it's for fall of the samurai.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I did want to give You a Hand in developing the Mod, but I'm living in one of the Counties Gamefront does not support...

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    I did want to give You a Hand in developing the Mod, but I'm living in one of the Counties Gamefront does not support...
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2hkc2bsn3j851tb

Heres a link evilspleen posted on the 2nd page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathedralsquares View Post
    I've done a few stats modifications to round out some of the units swapped the guns on a few to make them more effective in comparison to standard line infantry (which I've come to realize are exceptionally cost efficient) and give others a more unique feel.
    Hmm, what kind of changes have you found to be more interesting? Because yeah, it seems like there isn't that much incentive to use other infantry. One thing to consider is that reservists have zero recruitment time atm, that's their appeal I suppose?
    Other thoughts...should fast firing units like Imperial Police and Carbine Infantry stay at 160 men, or go to 200? Should Expeditionary Force be superior to line infantry, or stay where they are? etc.

Also, I know I said I wasn't adding any more units, but I threw together a heavy gunner unit for fortress tech alongside reservists. I also wanted to make a kind of kamikaze grenadier just for giggles, but I couldn't get it to work, lol. I've also fixed some flat-out balancing mistakes. Anyway, you'll see all this when/if I get to release an upgraded version of the mod.

@weirdoacensor, your input is always appreciated. In case you check it out, I should note that I tried moving partisans to jozai, and gave tsu a similar unit thats closer to line infantry than a true skirmisher. Also, I couldn't get bamboo walls or deployable shields to work on pioneers for some reason.
    Last edited by evilspleen1213; May 05, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

I gave Kubuso musketmen better melee stats. They're going to slaughter line infantry with their swords but they would be better off just shooting at samurai. I increased the unit sizes of the engineer units across the board to 160 to better represent their more static role than usual line infantry. Several units got bayonets for the slight anti-cav bonus that gives. I didn't really make any changes to expeditionary forces but that's mostly because I really can't think of anything. Better morale and movement maybe? They could have a bumped up unit size to 250 or 300. They're in a weird spot. I couldn't figure out how to get Marines and Landing Parties to not lose a turn when they disembark because that would give them a huge niche role no one else could fill. I increased the melee stats for Stormtroopers. They're now monsters at the close quarters combat scaling walls takes. Fast firing infantry should stay at 160. They're niche units you use to flank or use in reserve to break a charge or counter another line unit. Police in particular make for good melee troops too so they're not in a bad spot especially in siege defense (where police would be anyway).

-Good thinking with the melee boosts. I'll try out the stats you've been using if you'd like
    -I like your thought process with the engineers...the only thing I'm iffy about is how huge the stake wall gets when you bump the unit size up. I'll ponder this
    -I'll tweak Expeditionary a bit. And too bad about the disembarkment thing, I would definitely implement that.

Where can I download.

Quote Originally Posted by sakoncity View Post
    Where can I download.
    Bottom section of first post!

Anyway guys, I've been away from this for a while, but I found some free time to update this to a Beta 2, in case anybody's interested.

There is now a bayonet version. Balance/pricing is hopefully now better/more interesting, and more in line with the other Darthmod units (but still not perfect obviously). Some units that were overlooked in the first release have been fixed, like No Dachi Kachi. Various (small) visual tweaks have been made, the file has been cleaned up a bit, etc. I can almost guarantee I messed SOMETHING up though, lol.

I also added two more units!

Updated files are in the Download section of the first post. Peace dudes
    Last edited by evilspleen1213; May 26, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: [BETA2] NEW UNITS for FOTS (DMS) by evilspleen1213

Hi man, have you ever thought to release a normal version of your mods with some of your units able to be used like a "base units add on" NOT ONLY in Darthmod but also combined with other mods (like Radious one for example)? it would be great. I've also really appreciated your unit icons: absolutely great!

Hey thanks! Making a version for the regular game or other mods is definitely something I've considered, the only thing is that it would be a pretty big undertaking. In fact the reason I still consider this a beta is that getting the balance right is so tough.

It would be nice though, so I haven't ruled it out!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

It would be great, also considering that yes, it should be other hard work taking time..but have you tried to consider this option just for a very selected elite of your best units? an example...take 6-8 units, the more realistic under historical profile and work on them, the units you best know and you think available in other mods without asking hard balancing work. Mine would be only a suggestion of course..(I don't know if there's a way similar to the one we have to use in changing units stats for napoleon and empire..if the way is similar, in shogun, we -the users- could easily adjust some parameters once realeased your sort of "universal pack"). I repeat, mine is an idea, would be more concrete saying you well, we could work together but I'm not a modder (otherwise I could test your units with radious mods once released). Anyway, for now, thanks for your reply man!

About the Republican Stormtroopers:
    Shotguns haven't been invented yet during the Boshin War
    I advise that you stick to historical accuracy and remove this unit

Union and Confederate cavalry made extensive use of shotguns during the Civil war. Shotguns did exist at the same.

Actually nevermind, they were used around the time
    Just not the pump-action shotguns that we're used to seeing now

Who are Republicans though?
    Are they the new Rebels?

Republicans are the independent option you can select before realm divide.

Could you make a version where all the modern units get bayonets from this mod?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...38081-Bayonets

And if it isn't too much of a hassle, ranked fire for all the gun units from this mod?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...04&searchtext=
    Last edited by NeonCrayon; June 29, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

Default Re: [RELEASED] NEW UNITS for FOTS (DMS) by evilspleen1213

Came back to this mod and updated it a bit...pretty much overhauled it in some areas. Balance, visuals, prereqs, one of the units was totally redone, etc. Hopefully it works alright.

@NeonCrayon
    Talk about a late reply lol sorry...bayonets are already included. Fire by Rank is cool, but I made this to blend in with regular Darthmod as it is, and I have so many versions of this floating around I already have a headache. Maybe I'll do it, but I encourage you (and anyone else) to dabble in Pack File Manager!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast