Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necessary Morrowind Mods?

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Default Necessary Morrowind Mods?

So I picked up Morrowind GOTY and was wondering what the community here feels are the most necessary mods for the game.
    And help would be appreciated.

I have returned

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Necessary Morrowind Mods?

Ifr you computer can handle it get the graphics mods, like Morrowind Graphics Overhaul or Morroblivion. They may be a pain to instal, but oh boy are they worth it. They do require a gaming PC to run smoothly though.

Besides that the official plug-ins and the Unofficial Morrowind patch are a must. There was also a mod that gave you a gigantic house you could teleport to at any time. I believe it was called Ravenloft.

These are the only mods I ever used for Morrowind.

EDIT: Check out this list. http://www.gamefront.com/top-10-best-morrowind-mods/
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; March 17, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Define gaming pc.

Also what are the official plugins.

I have returned

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

A PC that can run most moderrn games well. For instance here are the requirements for Morroblivion

For a variety of reasons, areas in Morrowind, especially cities, can be more demanding on computer hardware than Oblivion. The simple fact is, big mods require big hardware, regardless of what mod it is (see the requirements of Better Cities for example). For optimum performance, this means:

• a fast processor (e.g. 3.0Ghz+, Oblivion does not support multi-core processors, so clock speed is more important than the number of cores),
    • lots of ram (e.g. at least 2GB, preferably 4GB+), and
    • a reasonably modern video card (e.g. at least a Geforce 9800GT or Radeon 5670 level of card). If you're using extensive texture replacers or running with a lot of extra shaders (OBGE for example), you should have at minimum 1GB (1024MB) of graphics memory and a modern, high-end card (GTX 470 or higher, Raedon 5700 or higher). A 512MB card will work for the normal game, as long as it's a fast card, but don't expect too much out of it. In general, an older top-of-the-line card is preferrable to a newer inexpensive card.

Having an older computer or a low-end video card certainly doesn't mean you can't run Morroblivion - it just means you may have to turn your graphics settings down accordingly, especially when you travel to Morrowind.
    Morrowind overhaul requires a less powerful PC, and is highly customizable, but you you still need a pretty good one if you want to make the most of it.

Morroblivion site:
    http://morroblivion.com/morroblivion-faq

Morrowind Overhaul Mod

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Official plug-ins:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Official_Plug-ins

Basically free PC only DLC made by Bethesda after the game was released.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; March 18, 2013 at 04:46 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Cool. Il check the DLC out. MGSO 3.0 is downloading now.

I have returned

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Also there is a mod that allows you to block attacks with a weapon or shield the way you can in Oblivion and Skyrim. The combat system is a pain in the balls after getting so used to the one present in Oblivion ans Skyrim (at least in my opinion), blocking is done automatically and will fail or succeed (or not happen at all) depending on your blocking skill.

Without the mod if your doing a melee class i'd suggest using a big burly nord of Orc with a two hander of some kind because the shields are pretty useless!

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...detail&id=1958

I'll hijack this a bit. I've played Morrowind some time ago, and I still have it. I've noticed a combat enhanced mod, is there any total conversion or large mod compatible with it?

Rather than just starting a new thread, I think it would be best to ask here, it is relevant to Morrowind modding. I was going to ask if someone could give me any tips on downloading Rise of House Telvanni? I haven't had any success so far.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Well there is Tamriel Rebuilt http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/ which seeks to build the entire province of Morrowind, it's a little over halfway completed but I think it's worth it as it adds new items, armor, weapons, quests, and locations that are strictly based off the lore found in the Elder Scrolls series.

As for total conversions there is Arktwend http://www.sureai.de/projects/arktwend/ the prequel to Nehrim. It isn't as good as Nehrim itself but is still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlood View Post
    Also there is a mod that allows you to block attacks with a weapon or shield the way you can in Oblivion and Skyrim. The combat system is a pain in the balls after getting so used to the one present in Oblivion ans Skyrim (at least in my opinion), blocking is done automatically and will fail or succeed (or not happen at all) depending on your blocking skill.

Without the mod if your doing a melee class i'd suggest using a big burly nord of Orc with a two hander of some kind because the shields are pretty useless!

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...detail&id=1958
    Il pick up that one too then.

I have returned

Necessities of Morrowind - A roleplay mod, where you need to eat, drink and sleep.

Galsiah's Character Development - Leveling mod. A more organic level progression. Also includes a magicka regeneration mod.

Better Bodies and Better Cloths - makes bodies look less blocky and makes the cloths fit bodies better.

Creatures X - Adds a few more lore friendly creatures into the game.

Fashionable Merchants - A small mod, but quite critical for immersion. In vanilla Morrowind, whenever you sell an item to a merchant, they will equip it if it is better than their current. This mod removes their ability to do that.

Less Generic NPC Mod - This is probably my favourite. Adds more dialogue and quests (in particular for House Redoran). Get all of them!

NX9 Guards Complete - makes guards less generic

Starfires NPC Additions or Morrowind Comes Alive - Both add more NPCs to the world and are compatible with each other. However, my preference is to only use Starfires, as MCA adds a lot of immersion breaking characters (some look like anime), but it does add a lot more than Starfires.

Julan Ashlander
    - A very high quality companion mod. Strongly recommend this one.

Rise of House Telvanni and Uviriths Legacy - Both for Telvanni characters. Flesh out the house and your stronghold

And there's heaps more. I personally don't use mods that alter the mechanics of the game, so don't really know any of those, but quests, landmasses etc. there is a massive abundance of really high quality mods out there.

Are there any mods similiar to Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul?
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

There arn't really any major overhaul mods like OOO, FCOM etc. as the base game is said to not really need any fundamental changes (aside from the combat system, as some would argue).

There are a couple of 'game enhancing' mods. Off the top of my head;

- Morrowind Advanced - which is a bit like OOO in that it tones down item levelled lists, adds a few new enemies, dungeons and items here and there.

- BTB's Game Improvements - effects birthsigns, spells, potions, the whole shebang.

Alright, I'm going to resurrect this thread instead of start up a new one. I just fired up Morrowind again and am thinking of finally modding my game somewhat. All the past years I've always played Morrowind without mods. It's never really bothered me playing vanilla but after taking sometime to look around I can't help but want to mod my game and improve it. My only problem so far is figuring out how to get Wyre Mesh Stand Alone to work. I'm not exactly sure how to extract it and get mods to work using it. I did some searches but nothing has a clear explanation for me (that also uses visuals).
    Therefore I am I must - King of Dyslexia
    My Stories:Wolfmen - Henrick Gleeson - The Woman and the Bread Roll

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

http://www.somethingfornobody.com/bl...modding-guide/ Follow this guide and your game will be amazing. Though, I must warn you that you'll need a good PC to get tolerable frame rates if following this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Clagius View Post
    Though, I must warn you that you'll need a good PC to get tolerable frame rates if following this guide.
    That is not an understatement. A fully graphically modded Morrowind will be far more demanding on your PC/video card than default Skyrim on max settings.

My computer sucks so I'm not interested in doing any MGE EX type updates at all. Just some minor stuff I know my comp can handle. What I'm trying to figure out is how Wyre Mash works. And so far my searches haven't really shown me something that made sense.

Why do you want to use Wrye Mash?

I have returned

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    Why do you want to use Wrye Mash?
    Does it not make it easier to manage the installation and removal of mods? I'm not very good with all of that kind of stuff and stay away from modding because I more often than not mess up my game and not knowing how to fix it I just reinstall the games and just stick with vanilla. But with Morrowind I have seen some great mods that would do wonders for my game but my not-so-great luck with computers and technology and whatnot really deters me from trying. So when I discovered Wrye Mash, it seemed like I could do so... just it would be helpful if there were clear directions on how to use it somewhere, step-by-step.

(Sorry if I sounded impatient in the above and my earlier posts. I attempted to make the Daggerfall download from Beth's website run automatically from DOSbox but failed numerous times despite following the directions. That was compounded by not finding any clear directions on how to install and use Wrye Mash as well.)

I just use Nexus Mod Manager since I'm never going to hit the mod limit on morrowind.

I have returned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast