Thread: Food system still broken....

Default Food system still broken....

I am playing as the Honda and i started the game, i built no castle upgrades or anyting i just built a grazing feild in one province and a millet feild in the other province since as Honda you start with 2 provinces, and after they were built my food was still at "0" i had the same proble over a year ago when i tried this mod and i figured it would be fixed by now but i am still having food problems, The mod is installed correctly, i am going to try other clans but it seems to me that the new buildings dont give the # of food they say they will

Default Re: Food system still broken....

This is not a bug. Millet fields and grazing fields do not increase food production. Well, the high level millet fields do, but those come later in the campaign. Rice fields are what you need for food early on. I tend to make fertile lands and very fertile lands into millet fields (as they give the most income) and all others into rice fields. Unless it's a province with a forge, then I make it grazing fields for the +charge bonus on cav.

it is a bug IMO because it says when you choose your fisrt farm that rice paddies (first level) will produce 2 food, grazing fields (first level) will produce 1 and Millet fields (first level ) fill produce 1 and the only one that seems to produce any food is the Rice paddies that (first level) say they will produce 2 but only produce one, i tested this also while playing as Honda, Date, Sanada, Shimatzu

I has posted a more detailed explanation here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12682557.
    Starting castles also have a food cost (if not, then you would have +1 food at the start because basic farms +1 food IIRC). Basic farms (no upgrades), make one food. When you upgrade to rice paddies, you destroy the original farm and the original +1 benefit to get +2, which results in 1 food surplus. Millet and grazing fields just keep the same bonus that the original farm (unupgraded) had. Which is why IMO it is not a bug. IIRC it works the same way in vanilla, but since there is only one farm chain it isn't easily noticeable.
    Last edited by Lokgar; March 17, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

wait hold on ok let me see, sooo when you first choose, millet field or grazing field you get no food bonus because of what you said so pretty much if i want a surplus of food i should only build Rice patties , and millet field is for money and grazing field is for cav and neither can support a castle upgrade? sigh

Yes, but the Improved Millet fields will give you some food surplus (I think this is the 2nd millet field that costs 3,000 gold). So it can support castles, but first you must build up a stable economy and tech to get to that point.

so when reaserched to final level bot rice fields and millet fields give surplus food to improve castle levels, but do grazing fields do that or are they just for military purpose?

I'm not too sure about grazing fields to be honest. I think they might just give +charge bonus and more horses to trade...