Thread: [Tech Products] Onn Wireless Mouse

Default [Tech Products] Onn Wireless Mouse

Onn Wireless Mouse

Company: Onn
    Price: $14

Onn Wireless Mouse

Range: 30'
    2.4GHz wireless connectivity

I started using the Onn Wireless Mouse recently to use with my laptop. I didn't pick it out, but I have borrowed it for a time and used it a bit. When I first saw the mouse I simply assumed it was very cheap (and I was correct), but I needed a mouse to use with my laptop since I absolutely hate the laptop's touch pad. I was really looking for any mouse to use, other than my cheap wired default mouse that I use on my desktop. I can't be bothered to go out and get myself another wireless mouse since my last one broke. I was offered this mouse, so I wen't with it.

The Onn Wireless Mouse is a fairly cheap mouse from Walmart. It uses triple-A batteries, has a unique shape, a
    nano receiver, blue optical light, and even buttons on the left side of the mouse. Otherwise it is like every other mouse out there, but cheaper. The shape of mine is actually quite uncomfortable, even though you can tell it was designed for comfort, at least for right handed people. It is made in design for right handed users. So, if you are left handed this mouse is certainly not for you, unless you enjoy being uncomfortable. Since the buttons on the side are on the left side, if you are left handed you will be pressing them with your pinky, that should work out! Now even though I am right handed I still think the mouse is very uncomfortable, and just feels awkward in my hand. It even feels cheap. The "padding" is just rigid hard plastic, even the edges are sharp. Not to mention, it feels like it could break at any moment.

After you get over the extremely awkward design, actually using the mouse isn't too bad. It works fairly well most of the time and doesn't stick too often, but sometimes I have had my mouse cursor shake all over my screen when the mouse is on and I am not using it, and my work space is clean enough so this shouldn't happen. Combine this with me sometimes using my laptop's touch pad this has made it very difficult to click on things. You must turn the mouse off if you ever do decide to use your touch pad for a moment. Other than that the mouse has worked fine for me.

Overall, apart from a very cheap and awkward design and some issues while using it (or not) the mouse is all around okay. Not bad at all if you just don't have the money to buy something more expensive, or are just looking for something cheap. Either way I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, if you can find something at a similar price that seems better than this mouse, it may just be
    Last edited by SturmChurro; March 17, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Tech Products] Onn Wireless Mouse

I must spread some reputation...
    But all your reviews are great

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I must spread some reputation...
    But all your reviews are great
    Thanks! I don't know about them all, but I do try.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

You seem to be using products you don't like that much.

+rep for this and all the other reviews!
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    You seem to be using products you don't like that much.

+rep for this and all the other reviews!
    Such is the life when you use cheap products.